Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

Perfect. Just Perfect.

by Celestial_Calamity 1 review

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-06-03 - Updated: 2009-06-03 - 564 words

1Original
If I can just stick this landing I’ve got it- hey I wonder what I’d name a monkey if I had one. I thought as I flew through the air in a front tuck flip. Grabbing onto the bar swinging towards me, I swung, let go, and completed another tuck flip, landing softly on the wooden platform. “Dude, that was awesome,” I grinned and bowed to the applauding audience. I still want a monkey though.



“D, that was great! So when are you gonna teach me how to do that?” Aden grabbed me from behind as I came out of the dressing room. He squeezed me in a bear hug, practically strangling me. Pulling away, I dusted off some dirt from my jeans.

“Uh, when you’re not afraid of being fifty feet off the ground…maybe. Anywho, I’m going exploring.” I started walking out of the blinding orange and red tent towards all the noise and the people causing it.

“Hey, wait up!” Aden said, jogging up to me. “Are you trying to get rid of me or something?”

“Yes, yes I am.” I smirked, jumping up onto an electric blue tent then flopped back.

“Stupid Shaolin Temple trip.” He sulked, sitting down on the grass. “What the hell did they teach you there?” He asked, glaring up at me.

“Hey, be nice or I won’t be nice.” I glared back. “If you wanna find out, why don’t you go and study there, hm?” I sighed, jumping back onto the ground. “Want to go get some cotton candy?”

He grinned and got up, walking next to me. “I like the blue kind.”

“Of course you do.” I laughed, and took off to the cotton candy stand.




“Ohhh, my head.” I groaned, flopping over on my bed, covering my head with a pillow. “My God, I’m never trusting you again. You spiked my drink, didn’t you?”

“Not at all, I had Sirius do it.”

“My boss? Dude, that’s low. Plus I’m underage.” I groaned as I flopped back over and threw a pillow at him.

“Yeah, but you needed to relax. You got drunk instead.” He laughed as he reclined in the plush chair next to my bed. “Geez, you get a sip of alcohol and you go crazy. You drank a couple bottles of scotch too.”

“And you didn’t stop me?”

“I know better than to get a drunk mad, thank you.”

“Ugh. Wait. Oh my God, tell me I didn’t do anything stupid.” I gasped, bolting upright. I couldn’t remember anything after taking the drink from Sirius.

“Well, nothing like stripping down and parading around the circus.” He tossed a soccer ball up in the air and caught it repeatedly.

“What did I do?” I asked, plucking the soccer ball from the air and doodling on it with a sharpie.

“Uhm. Nothing really.” He coughed and turned away, his face bright red.

“What? Did I try to get you to sleep with me or something?” I laughed as I drew a skull on one of the little white block thingies.

“You wish.” He rolled his eyes, turning back to face me, his face still a little pink.

“Yeah.” I mumbled without thinking.

“Uhh. D, are you listening?”

“Huh?” I glanced up, just realizing what I’d said. “OH, uhhhh. No?”
Sign up to rate and review this story