Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

Surprise

by Celestial_Calamity 0 reviews

Just when you thought everything would go right...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-06-24 - Updated: 2009-06-24 - 546 words

0Unrated
“DAWN!” We stood in the airport for nearly an hour before a pudgy man with grey hair and a bushy beard gasped as he ran towards me, flailing his arms. “Wait for me, please!”

“D, that’s your gramps?” Aden glanced over his shoulder as he picked up our duffels.

“No, he’s a psychotic murderer come to stab us.” I rolled my eyes and stooped down to hug my grandfather as he came up. “How are ya, gramps?” I grinned.

“Ah, fine, fine. Is this the young man you spoke to me about?” he brushed my aside, reaching out to grab Aden’s hand. “My goodness, he’s tall.”

I smirked and stood next to Aden. “Yup, Aden. And he’s not tall; you’re just…vertically challenged. Come on, we have to go or we’ll be late.” I sighed, dragging both guys by a hand.




“Crash landing, what the hell?” I groaned as I paced the beach with Aden. “Why can’t anything NORMAL happen to me? Just once?” I threw myself down onto the sand and rocks, pounding my fists on the ground and kicking.

“Look at the bright side, at least we’re okay. And it’s a tropical island.” Aden sighed and rubbed the back of his neck as he watched me. “Come on, D. Don’t waste your energy throwing a fit. We need to see if we can find anyone. If we don’t within an hour or two, we’ll build a shelter and find some food.”

“I want to throw a fit! I’m sick of my life! I want to live a normal life! No murder suicides, no living by myself all the time, and NO CRASH LANDINGS!” I cried, throwing myself back into the ocean.

“Seriously, D. The plane’s probably just a few miles out. I just don’t get how we got thrown so far from it.” He reclined on a nearby boulder and stared at the sky as I continued to throw a fit.

As the sun started to set, streaking the sky with red, orange and yellow, I finally got out of the water, dripping wet and sucked of energy. I dragged myself to Aden and flopped down next to him. “Okay. I feel a little better. Nobody is on this island, I just know it. It’s too big to search anyways. So, nature boy, what do we do?”

He propped himself up on his elbows and scanned the thick forest of leafy evilness. “We need shelter, food and water for starters, I think. My dad used to be in the military and he’d drone on and on with stories of how he survived the wilderness. But I forgot them since I was so little at the time.”

“Gee, I couldn’t figure that much out.” I sighed as I jumped of the rock and pulled a machete from my coat pocket.

Aden twitched back a couple inches. “Uhh, D, where’d that come from?”

“My coat, duh.” I walked over to the trees and started slicing vines and weeds.

“I mean, how did you get that past airport security?”

“Good question.” I grinned as he followed after me.

“Aren’t you going to answer it then?”

“Nope.”
Sign up to rate and review this story