Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's just you and me...and our new baby

Dinner with Molly

by kelly-khaos 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-07-03 - Updated: 2009-07-03 - 883 words

0Unrated
“Okay, but where exactly are we going?” she asked.

I smiled. “I have absolutely no idea.”

“Well, why don’t we go back to my house? I can fix us something to eat there.” she suggested.

“Cool.”

It was dark by the time we reached her house. She opened the door, and let us in. I sat down on the couch and waited for her to speak.

“Just sit down and watch some TV. I’ll cook.” She handed the remote and walked off.

I walked up to her bedroom and grabbed a random CD and her stereo. By the time I got back down stairs, good smells were already coming from the kitchen. I plugged in the stereo and inserted the CD. Feel Good Drag by Anberlin began blaring through the speakers. Someone’s been trying to disturb the neighbors lately. I adjusted the volume and went into the kitchen. Molly’s back was turned towards me so I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She leant back against my chest.

“Hey.” I kissed her cheek.

“Hi.” she blushed.

“Whatcha cooking?” I asked, trying to peer into the pan.

She quickly moved the lid over the food. “It’s a surprise. Now get out so I can finish.”

I rolled my eyes and left. “Fine.”

I sat back down on the couch and nodded my head to the music. I’m not sure how much time had passed until Molly walked out of the kitchen with two covered plates. She sat them down on the coffee table.

“Dinner is served.” she unveiled the food.

“Spaghetti?” I asked.

“Yup. It’s one of the only things I can cook.” she smiled.

“Well it looks really good.”

She blushed again. “Thanks.”

We ate in silence after that. Her cooking was great, and I hadn’t eaten since breakfast. When we were both finished she took out plates back to the kitchen and placed them in the sink. When she returned I pulled her down onto the couch.

“Hi.” she said as she sat up straight. “How was the food? You didn’t say anything.”

“Oh, it was great. I was just really hungry.”

She laughed. “Okay then. So what do you want to do?”

“We could talk. I know that sounds weird coming from a dude, but I want to get to know you more.”

“Aww,” she lay her head on my shoulder. “What do you want to talk about?” she asked.

“Umm tell me about your life.” That sounded like a good place to start.

“Okay, this might take a while.” she warned.

“I’ve got time.”

She smiled up at me and began to tell her story. “I was born in Tennessee,” she started. “and I lived with my mom, my dad, and my sister, Holly.”

I giggled. “Molly and Holly.” I mumbled under my breath.

She rolled her eyes. “My mom died when I was one, so that left my dad to take care of us. It was fine for a while. Then he started blaming us for stuff. Saying he was dying and that we were the cause of it all. After Holly left for college I turned into a really bad kid. I did whatever I wanted. I pushed him to his limits a lot.” She frowned. “One day, he died. I came home from school and found him on the floor. I know it was all my fault.” A tear slipped down her cheek. “Maybe, if I hadn’t said all the mean things I said, he’d still be around.”

I stoked her hair. “It’s not your fault. It was just his time.”

“Thanks, Gerard.” she paused. "Do you mind if I change the subject?"

"No, of course not."

"Okay, I'm just wowed by something."

“What?”

"That this could happen so fast."

"This?" I asked.

“This,” she motioned to us. “I’ve never really liked anyone this way before.”

“Me neither.” I told her honestly.

She looked up at me. “Really?”

“Really really.”

She laughed and a comfortable silence took over. I don’t know how long we sat there, her head lying on my shoulder. I just know how much I didn’t want to leave. Eventually and unfortunately Molly broke the silence.

“What time is it?”

I pulled out my cell phone and ignored the missed calls from Mikey. “It’s about eight.”
She took her head off of my shoulder. “Don’t you have to go home?”

I sighed. “You’re right.” I got off of the couch and stretched, she did the same. We walked to the door and I pulled her into a hug.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” she asked after we stopped hugging.

“For sure.” I smiled. “The guys and I are supposed to hang out tomorrow. If you want, we can all come over her.”

“That’s okay. How ‘bout I just come over and hang out at your place.”

“Sounds like a plan.” I pulled open the door. “Bye Molly.”



Hey. Sorry it took me so long to update. I've been busy and when I'm not busy, my sister's on the computer. So yeah... if anyone's still reading please review and let me know what you thought about this chapter.

xoxo Kelly
Sign up to rate and review this story