Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Reprise of an Untitled Story

Come Follow Me

by SaveTheDay 3 reviews

I never do summaries. They're silly nonsense.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-11 - 1106 words

1Exciting
“Rae,” she repeated, “Come away from there.” The toddler saw her mother’s face, how angry and pale it was, and did as she was asked, waddling precariously from the newspapers. When she reached her mother, she scooped her up quickly, studying her face for a moment before glaring at Gerard.

“It wasn’t her fault,” Gerard said,” I knocked over the rack. She was helping me pick them up.” He thought he had gotten the little girl into trouble. He thought that was why her face was so livid.

Silly boy.

“I have to go,” Egan said. “I have to—I have to go.” She grabbed her drink, praying like hell her hands would stop shaking, that she wouldn’t drop the drink and have to clean it up, she wouldn’t have to stop long enough for Gerard to catch up to her. It was a short sprint from the door to the car, but the buckles on Rae’s car seat gave her pause, and before she could fumble them into the right order, she heard quick footsteps behind her, and slight panting. He called out to her from a few feet away.

“Egan!”

“Go away, go away, go away!” she begged quietly, knowing he couldn’t hear her. The she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Egan?”

“Go away Gerard,” she pleaded lowly, still struggling with the seat restraints. His presence was making her fine motor skills go all to pieces.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to see you,” she hissed. “You need to leave.”

“Why—What did I do to you? Why are you trying to run away from me? Will you just stop,” he put his hand over her shoulder and stilled one of hers,” And talk to me?”

I can’t. I need, to, um—“ Damn it, she couldn’t even remember what she was doing. “Rae’s got to get to daycare.”

“Rae? Her?” He asked, gesturing to the girl, trying to make Egan pause and talk to him.

“Yeah. And the doors open at nine, we have to go.” With that, she pulled away and fled to the driver’s seat, starting the ignition so fast you’d think it was a NASCAR race. She pushed the button that locked all the doors once the car had started, and sped out of the parking lot. Gerard had only a few seconds to make it to his car before she would be out of sight. He made the distance in eight strides and was on the road behind her, catching a break when she got caught at a stop sign a hundred yards away. He slowed quickly to the speed limit when he caught sight of a suburban cop. They weren’t the big time, but had the attitudes like they were, and would hide behind the crests of sharp turns, waiting to catch anyone who went a mile over the legal limit. He drummed his fingers on the wheel, waiting the hour-long seconds before he could hit the gas again with poor grace. Egan’s car was just disappearing around a winding bend, and he was in perilous danger of losing her.

The officer behind the wheel of the car was overweight and grimacing behind his sunglasses. Gerard flipped him off under the dash board and sped up again once the cop was out of sight.

“Stupid motherfucker.” He really hated those goddamn cops.

Rounding the bend, he caught another break: It was a straight shot down a road lined with large houses, and he could see the tail end of her SUV. He kept back a little, not wanting her to know he was following thought doubting she wouldn’t notice. She had never missed much, as he remembered.

He tailed her like that until she pulled into a church parking lot, getting out quickly and carrying Rae and a large canvas baby bag with monograms from L.L. Bean to the door. He almost followed her into the church, but when she typed in a passcode on a keyboard next to the door, he decided to stay outside. Besides, it was just a little too much to follow her inside a daycare. That was where it became less determined, more creeper/crazy. Besides, she’d be out soon. He would just wait by her car.

She saw him the minute she came out. It was almost like she was expecting him to be there, the way her face skipped straight over surprised and right to angry and resigned. She strode over to him quickly, keeping her shoulders stiff and her eyes determinedly on his, staring him down.

“I will not have it out with you in the parking lot of my daughter’s daycare.” SHe told him flat out.

“Daughter?” He asked faintly. She was joking.

“Yes.” She responded tightly, no smile in the set of her mouth. She was serious. “I will speak with you, if you have to talk to me. But not here.”

He was still reeling from the fact that Egan had a child. He barely had the presence of mind to ask where.

“We can talk at the Starbucks.” With that, she turned on her heel and went quickly to her door, and he wondered why every time she turned away from him, it was like she was trying to make the quickest exit possible. What had he done to her that was so horrible that she ran away from him, even now, years later?

“Do you want to ride with me?” he called. She shook her head ‘no’, not turning. “Well how do I know you’re good for showing up then?” She did turn then, giving him one long look, and he knew what she was saying.

I wouldn’t lie to you.

Even after all this time? he wondered.

“You can follow me closely if you like,” she said as she climbed into her monstrous car. She had to use the low step along the side just to get her leg high enough, he noticed. Somehow her tininess, something so familiar to him, was a shock to his system. He wanted to go to her and offer his hand.

“You can follow me closely if you like. I have to say though,” the seat belt connected with a sharp click! ”You’re terrible at it.”

She had never missed much, as he remembered.

Author's Note: I think I forgot to mention in the prologue, but this story should really only be read adter reading "As Of Yet, Untitled". It will make so much more sense. REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story