Categories > Original > Drama > Fall For You (sequel to Torn Into Pieces)

Chapter 23

by Aubrey100 0 reviews

Reactions

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-07-29 - Updated: 2009-07-30 - 1657 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:

KEVIN’S POV.:

I woke up holding Brooke in my arms; a smile crossed my face. A small glint of sun made her hair shine; she was so beautiful. For a moment I had forgotten everything that had happened over that past month, and then slowly they all sank in to ruin the good start of my day. I let out a sigh; so much for that.
I got out of bed slowly, so that I wouldn’t wake her. A shower was definitely in need for a day like this was going to be. The bathroom door creaked a little as I opened it, but luckily Brooke still lay sleeping. I got into the shower and tried to relax, but got nowhere. Today was not going to be good.

NORMAL POV.:

I felt something bite my shoulder. “Ow.” I mumbled and opened my eyes, only to see Joe grinning. “Did you just bite me?” I asked sleepily. “Maybe.” he chuckled. “That was mean of you.” I frowned. He kissed me spontaneously, “Does that make up for it?” he smirked. “Maybe.” I couldn’t help but smile. He planted a small trail of kisses up my neck, “How about that?” he asked. I kissed him softly. “Is that a yes?” he tilted his head. “Duh.” I rolled my eyes.
The floor was cold when my feet touched it, but that’s what you’d expect on a cold November day. I stretched as I stood up. I opened the closet door and started looking through my closet. “Hey Joe can I borrow a hat?” I asked peeking into the bathroom as he brushed his teeth. “Sure.” he said with the toothbrush still in his mouth. I giggled, “Thanks.” and walked out of the room.
I glanced downstairs and Denise and Paul were already up and talking; they were perfect together from what I could see. Joe’s door was locked. “Of course.” I muttered and jiggled the door knob. The door swung open. “Why does everything of his have to act like that?” I asked myself aloud. His room was dirty, which I had expected, but the hat I had wanted was sitting out in plain sight. I put it on my head and walked out.
“Nice hat.” Joe bumped into me as I walked out of his room. “I’m sure you like it.” I laughed. “So are you going to let me through or what?” I asked still standing in his doorway. “I guess I’ll let you through this time.” he winked. Amazingly I blushed, he had so much control and he had no idea.

BROOKE’S POV.:

I woke up just as Kevin buttoned the last button on his shirt. “Hey you’re finally up.” he smiled at me. “Yea.” I nodded and got out of bed. My stomach knotted up when I thought about telling everyone everything.
“When should we tell them?” I asked him, getting straight to the point. “Soon…I think today.” he nodded solemnly. “Me too. Are you nervous?” I asked stupidly, already knowing what his answer was. “Are you kidding me? Nervous would be an understatement; I’m terrified.” he sighed. “I am too.” I nodded.

NORMAL POV.:

Brooke and Kevin walked downstairs. “We uh need to talk to everyone.” Kevin announced. I sat down on the couch, confused. “Ok?” Denise and Paul walked into the living room. We all sat down on the couch with Kevin and Brooke on the loveseat in front of us.
“So what is it honey?” Denise asked warmly. “Well we have some bad news.” Kevin was the only one talking. I noticed that Brooke was biting the inside of her cheek; she was nervous. “What is it?” Chelcie asked concerned. “I…I am…” Brooke tried talking but it seemed as if she couldn’t find the words. “You’re what sweetheart?” Denise leaned forward. “I’m pregnant…” she looked down. A thousand thoughts ran threw my mind. She was what? How did this happen? What’s wrong with them?
“You’re….” Denise looked shocked. “It was an accident. We didn’t mean to.” Kevin tried explaining. By now, Brooke was sobbing with her head in her hands. “Chelcie, Nick, Aubrey, and Joe; leave now.” Paul spoke. “Yes sir.” we mumbled and walked quickly upstairs.

KEVIN’S POV.:

Dad sighed and looked over at us. “I’m so sorry Dad.” I apologized. “Did that ring mean nothing to you?” he asked. “Yes, it did. This was an accident; it wasn’t like we wanted this to happen. We had planned on waiting until we were married.” I answered. “How could you have done this, Kevin?” he shook his head. “I don’t know Dad, I just don’t know.” I wasn’t sure what I could say to him. “Brooke, Denise, would you please excuse us?” Dad said politely. “Of course.” Mom mumbled. Dad walked out the back door.
“Son, this is serious.” he began, “What you did was wrong and against everything I thought you believed in.” he looked over at me. “I know it was, and I realize that it was stupid. Dad we got caught up, we didn’t mean to.” I looked down at my feet. “You still have to deal with the consequences.” I could tell he was beyond disappointed with me. “I know, Dad.” I nodded.
We stood silent for a while, unsure on what to say. “Kevin, I am very disappointed in you.” he broke the silence. “I know.” I replied. “I really thought that you would never do something like this.” he continued. “I know.” was all I could manage to say. “But you’re still my son, and I do not disown you.” he finished. “Thank you.” I looked at him. He nodded and stood there looking at the sky. I didn’t move, just in case he still had something to say.

BROOKE’S POV.:

I felt Denise’s arms hug me. “I-I’m s-s-so s-sorry.” I sobbed out. “Shh…” she rubbed my back. “We’ll make it through this sweetheart.” she spoke comfortingly. I turned and wrapped my arms around her, still crying. “D-Denise w-we d-didn’t mean f-for this to-to happen.” the tears just wouldn’t stop. “I know you didn’t, I know.” she held me tighter. I surprised at how kind she was being; I had expected worse.
Denise pulled away and looked at me. “Brooke, you are just like a daughter to me, and I’m…upset that you and my son have done this, but I still love you both.” she placed her hands on my shoulders. “Thank you…” I wiped my cheek. “Sweetheart, you are so important to all of us, and neither Paul or I could ever just kick you out over anything.” at that moment she sounded so much like Aubrey’s mom when she would talk to us. “You have no idea how much that means to me.” I smiled weakly. She smiled and hugged me tightly.

NORMAL POV.:

Chelcie, Nick, Joe, and I all went upstairs and in Nick’s room to talk. “Am I the only one in complete shock?” Joe spoke first. “Definitely not.” Nick sat down. “How could they?” I mumbled mostly to myself. “I have no clue.” Chelcie answered my rhetorical question. “Brooke’s going to have a baby.” Joe seemed to be slightly staring off. “Nah you think?” my voice was harsh. He frowned at me; I gave him an apologetic look.
“I wonder what Mom and Dad are saying to them.” Nick sighed. “Yea me too. You don’t think that they would kick them out or anything do you?” Joe suddenly looked alarmed. “I don’t think that we have to worry about that, because I doubt that they would.” Chelcie reminded. “Yea, Chelce has a point.” I put my hand on Joe’s shoulder. Joe seemed the most confused out of all of us.
I heard the back door open. As I walked over to the window I could slightly hear Kevin and Paul’s voices. “Guys! Kevin and Paul are outside.” I glanced out the window. They all walked over to me to look out the window too. “Oh man, that’s Dad’s disappointed look.” Joe muttered. “You would know.” Nick said under his breath. I think that I was the only one who heard Nick’s comment. “I can’t really hear them.” Chelcie complained. “Yea neither can I.” I replied. I couldn’t even hear them and I was the closest to the window!
Eventually I just gave up and sat down on Nick’s bed. I kept trying to understand how this happened; I mean I knew that they must’ve had sex, but I wanted to know how they could’ve done that with his purity ring and both of their morals. My head felt like it was spinning. I thought that I had knew Brooke and Kevin both better than that. Honestly, this was a bigger shock than anything that had happened to us so far.
Joe, Nick, and Chelcie eventually stopped trying to read Kevin and Paul’s lips and sat down beside me. It was silent, but in all reality there was really nothing we could say. Everyone’s eyes were off in thoughts or had anxiety in them; this truly was something we all had a hard time processing.
After about an hour I heard Brooke walking upstairs. She didn’t stop to talk to us, but instead walked on to her room, and I could swear I heard her door lock. It was only soon after that Kevin walked upstairs too. He did the same as Brooke did. I badly wanted to talk to Brooke about everything, but I knew better than that. Brooke wasn’t one that wanted to ‘talk’ right after something happened; so instead I left her be.
Sign up to rate and review this story