Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > An Affair to Forget

Hot enough to burn

by Krickitat 0 reviews

Sakura is pulled once more deeper into the mountains and much farther away from those who seek to find her.

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Itachi, Sakura - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-04-09 - Updated: 2006-04-09 - 5449 words

2OOC
A/N: so anyways all legal disclaimers apply,
if i owned them nakedness would be mandatory!
'oooh Kakashi gets naked in my dreams

softly throws water on Sasuke's face hoping to revive him
Naruto: uuuh maybe you should just unchain him from the toilet
bores holes into Naruto with her eyes
Kri-chan: THAT is simply NOT an option, he remains on the toilet
naruto: uuuuh you do know how weird you are right?
glomp attack
Kri-chan: ooooh naruto! you and i belong together i just KNOW it! you and i are so alike! i swear i am inhabited by a demon as well and i always have this insane urge to be happy! we would be so good together!
Naruto: sweatdrops well you see i got this thing for this one guy...
ok well on to the story!!!




@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Waking came with the horrible realization that she was stiff and unable to move, and that whatever warmth she had managed to keep during the night was now gone leaving a gaping hole of chilly air behind her. Sakura wondered how long Itachi had been outside and moved to pull back the flap to look for him.


'I didn't even notice him leave...' She mused to herself as she flinched from the frigid air that blasted into her face. It took her a moment but she finally found him standing at the edge of the overhang.


Itachi stood on the leeward side of the hill out of the wind with binoculars held to face scanning the land down below them. He was careful not to allow the sunlight to reflect off the dull painted metal as he slowly allowed his sight to trace the hills down below them looking for any pursuit.... not likely but he was always cautious. He lowered the binoculars then blinked furiously as his vision failed to adjust normally narrowing then widening as he strained his eyes to refocus.... shit it was getting worse.



He heard the girl stirring behind him and turned to contemplate her, her garish pink hair peeping over the top of the sled as she in turn looked for him. She smiled softly at him and she shyly pulled the blanket up over her nose, her eyes following his every movement....'damn it.'


This wasn't the way it was supposed to turn out of that he was certain, he didn't know what the hell he was thinking he had just said it with no fore thought just the basic idea that this was something he had to do. He turned away and scanned the hills lower down the mountain and noticed the black ominous clouds slowly making their way up the mountain, they were situated on the side of the mountain where bad weather was forced to make the climb from the lands down below. This caused a rainshadow effect drying out the lands on the other side of this mountain range while leaving the eastern side completely saturated with all the water that should have traveled hundreds of miles before releasing its load. (1) This is what caused these mountains to be buried in so much snow each year, it had even been known to reach 25 feet or more making this a very dangerous place during the winter, which is unfortunately why it had been chosen.


No one else was stupid enough to come up here this time of year except for hermits and dumb-ass ninjas who thought they could defeat anything. That makes it a fair bet that staying up here wasn't HIS idea but he was now forced to live with it and make the best of a bad situation. They were still fairly far from the tree line but that was quite a ways up so the weather usually was forced up the side of the mountain below them. This is exactly what was happening now and Itachi estimated from the rate and size of the clouds that he had maybe three hours to get to his own secreted hide-a-way before the storm broke over them making any further movement impossible. Getting stuck in that weather in their condition would likely kill both of them, and it was too late to abandon her now.



He might have no qualms about killing someone in front of him, but he had surprising reluctance to abandon someone who depended on him so completely. If he left yea he would live but she wouldn't get far in her condition, but that sled wasn't going to make it.... they just didn't have enough time and he had overestimated it maneuverability. Pulling that thing was like trying to navigate a yacht up a stream, it tended to do what it wanted too and it took a lot of skill and strength to keep it from tipping. He had almost lost control of it twice yesterday but he doubted the girl even noticed she had been asleep almost fifteen minutes into the ride. All this took less then a minute and he made up his mind almost immediately, they needed to leave and they needed to leave now.


He turned and raced over to the sled ripping back the tarp and reaching in for the girl.


"What?! What is it?" Sakura asked worry clear in her voice as she saw Itachi's urgency.


"We need to go, there is a storm coming up and it will be here in maybe three hours...but count on less. We have to abandon the sleigh I will be back for it after the weather clears enough for me to come get it." This was all he said as he started pulling everything they would need to survive and nothing more and shoving it quickly into a pack. Sakura stood on the frozen ground shifting from foot to foot willing the cold to go away. But that was a very hard thing to do when you were half naked, half wet, with no real idea when you would get warm again.


Itachi shoved the pack at her, telling her to pull it on then throwing their blankets and a spare rain slick over her. Sakura carefully laid out the rain slick and stepped onto it waiting for Itachi to finish preparing, he went over and started tying down everything on the sled and fastened it up tight to a tree that looked as if it had been there as long as the mountain. Not likely to go anywhere even in the worst of storms, but before he could leave again he started searching one last time through their packs and Sakura watched as he pulled out a long red scarf then jumping up into the tree and tying it off in on of the highest branches.


Itachi came back over to her and turning around gestured for her to climb onto his back, which wasn't as easy as it would seem with a large pack on her back and shrouded in blankets, but she finally managed with fairly little awkwardness on either of their parts. Wasting no time he started the final leg of their trip this time traveling eastward away from the tree line but deeper into the heart of the mountains where few people ever dared to travel even in the summer. This part of the mountains was known only as the 'Heart' where the blood of the mountains spilled forth in the shapes of enormous dark trees filled with ever imaginable poisonous animal you could encounter, and the unfortunate last strong hold of regular demon clans, who were sure to keep careful control of their own domain, after the early demon wars the majority of the demon clans had been decimated leaving these sad pitiful remains of mostly small dark demons jealously guarding their small portions of land zealously. Few humans ever braved this area and even fewer of that number ever came out alive, but surprisingly there were small communities of people who had managed to live and thrive in these lands their whole life some just one large family living in a single cabin surviving off of what they could plant in the summer and what they could kill each winter in their traps. These were a people who were extremely distrustful of strangers, most humans who ever made it this far were not the kind of people to be tampered with, while some were demons disguised hoping to obtain an easy meal and maybe whatever few pretty baubles these mountain women kept stored away from prying eyes, leaving them on their guard from any attack from strangers and seeming friends. They were formidable even to regular ninja, they had just lived to long in a place where the very earth itself tried to kill you which made them hardened and wary.



It was to one of these cabins that Itachi was headed, located in a valley far into the foothills where the mountains soared high into sheer cliff faces all around them, their majesty a seeming threat to the sky itself their ominous lengths serving to block out almost all sunlight. He had immediately claimed it as his own when he had found it rotting unused, trekking up here numerous times to lay in supplies and enough weapons to hold off any assault. The hardest part had been reinforcing the roof and walls in preparation for assault, using earth style jutsus to subtly strengthen it, this itself had been such a chore due to the unusual granite of the area which itself suppressed chakra, secreting into every form of life that lived off the bones of the mountain. Only experienced chakra manipulators could work up here and only if they fully realized what was happening, It was what kept the main populace out of this area and even a good majority of ninja, most weren't skilled enough to stay out here any length of time without losing their ability to use Genjustsu and Ninjutsu. They had only been living on the edge of these mountains before but it had still been enough to keep Sakura from completely healing herself, and now it would be impossible she would just have to wait it out and let her body finish healing on its own time.



The valley itself was an attackers nightmare with only one narrow pass into it and no way to scale down from either side, he knew he had tried several times without success scouring every inch of the cliff face looking for entry and escape routes. In all his thorough searching he had only found one tiny track, almost invisible and it had taken himself days to find it and one man could easily hold the pass to the front for days if he tried hard enough. The mountains themselves repelled all attempts at attacks and what he found he had only made stronger, laying out increasingly lethal traps in any entrance to the valley, hoping the early non lethal traps would be enough to keep any prying visitors away and uninterested in his goings on.


Every good ninja has a safe place to fall back to no matter where he is, especially a missing nin like himself, He chose not to fall into that group of ninja who clung to each other seeking to have what ever remains of normality they could find, banding together into groups and sharing their hiding places. He refused to think of Akatsuki in such a manner, he didn't really think of himself as so much part of a group but as a person willing to obtain a goal even if it meant having to run with people he normally considered the scum of the earth which most of them were...except Kisame, he was really the only one he could stand which is why he had been chosen to work with him. But that was for different reasons all together and to even think about it was one step closer to having their plans revealed, which he had stressed on Kisame so many times that to let himself do it now would be hypocrisy.



It was two hours after leaving their meager camp that he came to the entrance to his strong hold, the girl was a dead weight dragging down on his back but easy enough to carry if you concentrated instead on the feel of long lean legs clamped down hard on your waist and warm breathe ghosting on the back of your neck and your ear for two hours...that was pleasant enough and he chose to focus on that instead of how heavy that pack she was carrying was and how her tight hold on his neck had made him go light headed from lack of blood to the brain...hell who was he kidding with her clinging to him like that there wasn't much blood going north anyways.


He carefully made his way into the valley, disarming then re arming the traps behind him. Not bothering to fix traps that had degraded over the year he had been away. There just wasn't time and the first forays of snow were falling around them as he moved at the fastest pace he would allow himself, his own traps were even dangerous to himself if he didn't do this slow enough especially due to the fat that most of them could not be chakra activated. If this was a normal situation he could just walk right through knowing that his chakra signature would work like a key to keep them from firing but they were all manual so they could easily backfire on any one un wary enough to try to barge through or work to quickly. They were optimally designed to kill unwary attackers, and keep the more experienced ones busy while he either prepared his defenses or escaped as the situation demanded.


The whole journey the girl had kept up a constant chatter in his ear talking about everything from hairstyles to the weather, but he just drowned her out paying no attention instead concentrating on their surroundings and allowing his conscious to drown in the constant background of her voice that had faded into low sultry syllables, if she would always talk that way he would always be interested in what she had to say.


The wind picked up throwing drifts into his face and fortunately for him this time of year the snow was no longer 'wet' like it had been earlier in the season and had now cooled down to the point where it was 'dry' snow that was much easier to work with. Finally the last of his traps had been bypassed, with the girl chattering at him the whole time.... but he wasn't fooled...she had been watching every move he made.


He would have to reset and move his traps when he was able or this could fast become a liability. The last half mile to the cabin was made in quick order and reaching the overhung entrance he let the girl slid from his back and flipping switches and releasing secret panels he forced his way in through the jammed door using all his weight in against it to move the heavy frame. When he had set her down she hadn't moved very far, her small frame huddled in close to his back and she buried her face into the warm area where her belly had pressed into his back, but she quickly abandoned him once the door was open, making a dash for the dry interior out of the biting wind.



"Ahhhh! That's SO much better!" she exclaimed dropping the now wet sodden blankets near the hearth. It was a big improvement of anything they had seen in the last two weeks, Kisame's little cabin while adequate was drafty and uncomfortable with the bare minimum of anything. But Itachi liked to be well prepared for whatever he could possibly need, the cabin was set flush with the cliff side above it, and provided a cover from most of the areas deep snow, while it was still easy to get buried out here from all the snow it was no problem when he had entered he had found that this cabin had been a secret gold mine area with a discrete entrance into the mountain in the back leading down into the heart of the mountain itself...and one other very interesting thing, they must never have found gold here or at least not enough to make the venture worth it but they had found hot springs deep in the mountain, and it had been a more then pleasant surprise when he had found them down one of the more traveled tunnels.


Itachi had spent most of the last two days ignoring the cold that had slowly started to seep into his body but it refused to be ignored any longer, and unable to exercise and maintain her own body heat the girl must be feeling it even more then him. So after securing their few belongings and grabbing the pack he made his way to the back pulling the girl behind him.




@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2




Sakura squinted into the darkness then shielded her eyes as a light was struck then quickly caught onto a heavy reed torch, Itachi had led her back into a cave that lay behind the cabin and in the very wall of the mountain. She figured this area must be riddled with tunnels and caves, but why did he want to go even farther in?


"Itachi?" She asked wondering exactly what he was planning to do, she was more then ready for a fire and that bed back in the cabin had looked far to comfortable to pass up for this long. He again took her wrist in his grip and just keep pressing back farther into the corridors and Sakura carefully memorized every turn in case she had to make this trip on her own, it never hurt to be careful. Just as her frustration had reached a peak she smelled it...that scent she knew well enough to know it anywhere she went.



"HOTSPRINGS! HELL YEA!!" it burst from her mouth without any conscious will of her own and breaking free from Itachi she rushed forward following the scent to lead her right too them. The sight of the water bubbling up into the underground pools was almost more then her heart could take and blessing every God in her personal repertoire started ripping off her clothes in preparation to dive into the heavenly water. Just as she was about to sink into heavenly bliss she was grabbed from behind and forcefully pulled her back from the edge of the pool. Setting her down on a stone bench Itachi scowled at her fiercely a look of supreme annoyance on his face.


"Don't ever do that again," he stated quietly raising the hairs on the back of her neck, she could tell he was really angry, "I haven't been here in over a year, any shift in the mountains and this water could easily be over two hundred degrees or have become acidic. You have to test it first every time or else you could be boiled to death before you even had a chance to think about jumping out."


Properly chastened Sakura moved her hands up to cover her now vulnerable body, Itachi just stared down at her and sighed. At least the air here was warm and it was already getting to him. Walking away from her he crouched down at the edge of the water he let his hand slowly glide over the surface of the water then let just the back of his hand drift into the water waiting for anything to happen. It was a little hotter then he usually cared for but right now he didn't really give a damn he just wanted to be warm. He lifted his hand and looked for any discoloration or feeling that might indicate unhealthy chemical levels in the water but was thankful when he found none. He turned to the eagerly anticipating girl and allowed himself a moment to admire the beautiful view offered up to him, with her long slim legs and beautiful pink bush peeping out at him as he crouched right at a level to see right between her thighs. Noticing his perusal Sakura quickly clenched her thighs tightly together then after a second thought slowly let them open oh' so slightly, fascinated by how his eyes followed every movement playing over the shadowed skin in the firelight.


"You can get in now.... just take it slow you have been cold for a long time and you will be hypersensitive to the heat until your body adjusts." He pulled his eyes away from the tempting view she had just teased him with and went to light the small lanterns that had been left by the previous occupants which he had been careful to maintain, finally extinguishing the torch. He was amused by the little splashes and squeals he heard behind him as she slowly immersed herself, her skin shocked by the sudden change in temperatures. There was something about hearing a woman squeal like that that worked to make a man hard as a rock, and he quickly thought of other things to get his body back under control as he slowly started disrobing unable to resist the lure of the hot water and the tempting little female in it any longer. He turned to find her floating on her back in the middle of the underground pool her arms and hair gently floating out around her making a soft pink halo around her head. Mineral deposits in the water had slowly built up a reflective shield under the water and small crystals under the water caught the lamplight and reflected back all around them throwing light unto the ceiling leaving her body in gentle glowing relief. Her eyes were closed with look of ecstasy on her face as the water lapped around her skin and eased the tight burning pain in her hip and leg. Itachi responded the most to that look on her face wishing that it had been his hands and his mouth that had brought that look to her but glad just the same that he could give her this kind of pleasure, it was also another proven fact that a man could get the greatest pleasure just from a look on a woman's face, while women are turned on by experiences and touching or talking men are visual creatures and are built to respond to a woman's' pleasure.


While some men can get off on a look of pain on a woman's' face it isn't that far from pleasure, the look a woman would give during an orgasm looks a lot like pain and it is this expression that many men get off on. Although Itachi was experienced enough to know that men who got off on a look of pain on a woman's face were usually men who were unable to give women a look of such extreme pleasure that it could look like pain. That was the ultimate, and Itachi wondered how much it would take to make her look at him with that expression...not just contented happiness like now, but excruciating pleasure. He started to plan just how he could get her to give him that look and continued to watch and gently play over her body with his mind wondering which was more sensitive to kissing...her neck or her belly?



Sitting down on the edge of the pool he eased himself into the water and wadded closer to better enjoy the view of pert breasts gently floating on the water, gently lapped and caressed by the warm water, the lantern light outlining her skin with a radiant warm glow making him think of heated sweaty bodies writhing. Occasionally a large waft of steam would raise and hang about her blocking her from his view just lifting enough to tantalizing him, teasing every one of his senses. He lay back against the edge of the pool resting his head back in a perfectly formed hollow depression, and allowed his eyes to fall half closed leaving him with a rare sleepy look on his face, his eyes never leaving the girl floating gently on top of the water slowly drifting closer to him. Without warning she turned to him and swam closer and looked back into his eyes, with their dark fathomless gaze staring back at her. She had never seen him look this.... content. It was odd but comforting like looking at a tiger lazily napping in a warm patch of sunshine, fascinating in an exciting way knowing just how fast it could change from lazy and sultry to a lethal predator able to take her out with one sweep of his wicked claws.


Maybe not a tiger...more like a panther waiting up in the trees watching its prey with searing eyes, she wanted to touch him she wanted to tangle her hands in all that dark hair floating in the water around him. She cautiously approached and when he made no move other then to continue to stare at her she let her body drift until she was just within reach of him, she almost backed away when he made a sudden grab for her, he didn't rush one minute he was just laying there and the next he had grabbed her and settled her there on top of him with no time for her to even realize. He lay his head back into the rock and with one arm thrown over her back holding her up onto his chest he let the other idly stroke her head pushing her hair off her forehead then stilling just laying there a heavy weight on the back of her head forcing her to rest her face on his strong chest, letting her relax into the embrace. Emboldened by her sudden move Sakura gently rubbed herself into his body waiting for a reaction, when he made no move she looked up but was surprised to find those black eyes closed and even breaths falling on her face. His exhaustion had finally taken over and with the final push of the water he had fallen into a deep sleep.


'I guess I just always exhaust him,' she thought and then giggled silently to herself 'now if I could only exhaust MYSELF as well that would be even better!' she thought about what it would take to exhaust the both of them and her face immediately turned a bright crimson as the naughty thoughts danced through her mind. But she was tired as well and warm for the first time in that would seem a month and sleep didn't take very long to find her either. Soon the only sound that could be heard in the room was the gentle lapping and bubbling of water and the soft exhalation as the two slept on.





@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@22




Outside the snow continued to sift down from storm-laden skies, the cold hardly felt by the couple deeply ensconced in their warm little hideaway. Down below things weren't going so well as great gusts of wind drove snow before them whiting out all visibility the snow piling up at an incredible speed forcing the men too look for shelter.... all except for one.


"Sasuke! Sasuke come on! We cant stay out here Sasuke we cant see a foot in front of us, if you force the rest to go on were only going to die out here!" Kakashi forced his voice over the roar of the wind his words seemingly ripped from his mouth before they could reach out to Sasuke. They had been out here searching since the avalanche and what had at first been a rescue mission had slowly turned into a recovery mission until finally every one today had to admit that some one had either saved her and she couldn't come home.... or she was dead buried under the snow. A foot at least had fallen since the last hour and any hope of finding her body was lost until spring, The rest of them at least could admit to that and though it hurt Kakashi had to think of every one else. He couldn't continue forcing them out into the snow too look for a dead woman even if it was Sakura. That thought it sent a bolt of pain through his chest as he slowly let the realization that she was most likely dead enter him.



But Sasuke ignored him just like every time before, he ignored everyone's pleas and just kept walking and slowly covering the ground in front of him calling her name and sifting his hands through the snow not stopping to sleep until exhaustion over took him barely stopping to eat living off of protein bars he could eat while walking he forged on forcing all the men with him to work at his pace frantically pushing them on.... even past the point where everyone knew she could not have possibly survived. Finally as the wind picked up again Kakashi came up behind him and praying for his students forgiveness pressed the Frimera point (2) in his neck sending his consciousness into blackness. Throwing the inert body over his shoulder he grabbed a hold on the line leading back to the camp and the other men, and looked back once more over the wreaked field behind him the wind whipping sharp stinging snowflakes into his eye, 'Goodbye Sakura...weather your dead or alive somewhere out there, I'll see you in the spring.' Then feeling the moisture freely falling down his face forced himself back to camp.... and back to Konohagakure.







@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
So what did you think? Please review and let me know!
And for those of you who just follow the story and don't review....much love to ya!! I LOVE you guys who are the silent masses!

(1)Let me tell you a little bit about rain shadow effects cause I feel this is important.... Rainshadows are when weather systems move inland from the ocean and due to a large range of mountains blocking their movement are forced to dump all their precipitation on the ocean side of the mountains usually leaving the other side a desert while the ocean side is very productive although the land may suffer from extra nitrogen levels etc. Now this can vary in degree from nearly un-noticeable to extreme...like the Sierra Mountains, and in my own case Western (where I live) and Eastern Washington state which has three count them THREE significant mountain ranges one of them the cascades splitting the whole state in half and part of Oregon extending all the way into Canada.... that's a big mountain range kids I just have to tell you. The fact is they might very well be two different states because this effect doesn't just have topical effects it has an effect on the very culture of the people living there. So while some lands laying off shore can be desert like and don't ask me to explain that cause I have just never lived there so I don't know the example we are shown in the narutoverse can only explain Suna being caused by this...and it would of course be windy because it's a desert...and wind is caused by heat.... well that's a close enough description for this class I suppose. I don't know if there is a large mountain range shown on the maps.... but it has to be there somewhere or else they just wouldn't have those conditions, they would get to much precipitation from Konoha unless there are other drastic land changes besides mountains that would cause it....

If anyone wants to debate this I would be happy too! XD ive been looking for a fight
Ha ha ha! See I AM intelligent.... Mrs. Worthington would be so proud of me...I am sure she thought I wasn't paying attention all those years ago in geography but HA I WAS!

(2) You know when you see guys in movies just reach out and squeeze a little point in the neck and WHAM people just go out like a light? Well I don't really know what it is called in Asian philosophy but in European/American circles it is generally referred to as the Friemera point. Forget the spelling, I could be wrong about the spelling but I am right about the name.


My constant struggle is your entertainment, i strive to entertain and enlighten in all ways
Sign up to rate and review this story