Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Importance of a Butterfly

Chapter 2

by ElaLovesYou 0 reviews

VIOLENCE!!!

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-09-11 - Updated: 2009-09-11 - 409 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapt. 2

He turned and saw an outline of the body of a young girl, sitting still on the ground, a sleeping bag halfway up her chest, tears streaming down her pale cheeks. He dropped the kunai on the ground and walked forward slowly expecting a trap.
She looked up and sniffed, her pale violet eyes awash with tears.
“Are you ok Mystique?” said the boy, sitting down on the floor next to her. She nodded, then began to cry again, rocking backward and forward like a small, frightened child. The boy looked stunned then slowly inched his way towards her, slipping his arm around her shoulders. Mystique was to overcome with emotion to resist. She just leant into his chest and, through her tears, whispered,
“Oh, Sasuke, you were so close to being killed…”
Sasuke’s arm stiffened in shock, but he just hugged her whispering,
“What are you talking about? I’m not dead and I won’t be for a while yet, I promise.” he took a breath before continuing, “I took an oath that I would protect you, that’s the only reason the Hokage let you try for the genin and chunin exams. Please don’t judge me, I care for you a lot more than you’d think.”
Mystique looked up, a look of pure terror on her face! Sasuke backed up a little, “What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong-”
“LOOK OUT!!” screamed Mystique, launching herself at him and pushing him out of the way. Sasuke looked up and saw a sand ninja hanging off the ceiling, his kunai buried between Mystique’s shoulder blades!
The moment spanned longer and longer, Sasuke shouted out, then he felt a warm hand on his shoulder.
He looked up and saw Sakura, Naruto and Kakashi around him, Kakashi looked down at him with his single sharingan exposed.
Sasuke looked over to Mystique, saw that the sand ninja had disappeared and left his kunai sticking right through Mystique’s chest.
“MYSTIQUE!” he screamed running over to her, he collapsed to his knees, weeping.
Kakashi grabbed Sasuke’s arm, “She’s gone Sasuke, deal with it…”
Sasuke turned on the spot, his eyes blazing with his half completed sharingan, he wrenched his arm out of Kakashi’s grip.
“She…” he drew a kunai from his belt, “…is…” he twirled it in his hand, “…not…” he drew his arm back, “…DEAD!” He threw the kunai hard at Kakashi.
Sign up to rate and review this story