Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Importance of a Butterfly

Chapter 5

by ElaLovesYou 0 reviews

read...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-09-11 - Updated: 2009-09-11 - 408 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 5

Three weeks later Mystique had fully recovered and the others had left. Sasuke, instead of going with the others, had decided to stay and look after Mystique. A large fight had ensued and Sasuke ended up with several stab wounds, a split lip and a black eye. It hurt him to smile, but he did anyway.
On one of their daily walks to the meadow, Sasuke faced Mystique. She gasped.
“Oh, jesus! You did it AGAIN!!!” Mystique sighed, “Come here.” She beckoned to Sasuke. He walked over to her as she pulled some antiseptic and fresh dressings out of her bag.
Sasuke very willingly gave Mystique a good view of his face. She took off the old dressing, wiped the blood away and proceeded to treat and redress the wound. When she had finished she stepped back to admire her handy work, then she noticed Sasuke watching her with an expression on his face she had never seen before.
“What?” she said softly, trying not to laugh as the unused muscles on Sasuke’s face started to twitch with the effort.
“You look cute when you’re angry.” Sasuke said. Then, Mystique’s eyes widened as she saw a rare sight, Sasuke was laughing!
He seemed to be unable to control it as he collapsed on his side, his eyes reflecting his fear, confusion and pain. Mystique kneeled by him and gently, ever so gently, pressed down on one of Sasuke’s healing stab wounds. Sasuke shot a look of pure horror, which turned quickly into hurt and betrayal at her, then sat up and scooted away from her.
“I…I’m so sorry. I didn’t think…” she said reaching a hand out to Sasuke. He turned so his back was facing her then spoke into the wind.
“I thought what we had was special. We had a connection. But people who have that level of commitment to each other wouldn’t normally hurt each other!” Sasuke said in a voice filled with grief.
“Sasuke… don’t say that. You looked sore so I thought the only way I could bring you out of it was to make you hurt more and it worked… Sasuke, please forgive me.” Mystique’s eyes filled with tears as she saw Sasuke’s shoulders start to shake and his arms go limp. “Sasuke, I didn’t mean to make you cry-”
“Who’s crying?” Sasuke’s voice came quite steadily.
Sign up to rate and review this story