Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Importance of a Butterfly

Chapter 9

by ElaLovesYou 0 reviews

don't know how to rate it. LAST CHAPTER!!!

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-11 - Updated: 2009-09-11 - 503 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 9

“The voices,” Sasuke murmured “make them stop.”
Mystique sat by his side, gripping his hand and watching his eyes wander aimlessly under their lids.
“Sasuke? Do you hear me?” She watched in vain as his body twitched more aggressively and lay still. The heart monitor silenced.
“Oh, Sasuke. Please don’t do this to me! You are the only family I have left!” she cried, burying her head in Sasuke’s chest. The heart monitor awakened with a vengeance!
“m..Mysti? Where are you?" Sasuke murmured, "I can't see you, Mysti. Help me." He pleaded, his eyes straining and twitching as he tried to open them.
Mysti layed a comforting hand over his eyes, he relaxed at the touch.
"Hush now Sasuke," she said in a gentle voice, "sleep now I promise I won't leave you ever again. It was wrong what I did and I wish I could go back and fix my mistake," her voice cracked as tears fled her eyes.
"Sasuke I..." but she couldn't continue as the tears choked her.
"Mysti," said Sasuke, forcing his eyes open, "I still love you. Perhaps more than before, Oro's curse mark just made me irritable and unforgiving. After it was released I felt whole again and I forgave you right away." He stretched his arm up and stroked her cheek making her blush.
"Th..That means so much to me Sasuke, I love you!" She said.
"Mysti, I just want one thing before i.." chokes, "..die." Sasuke clutched his chest, the breath refusing to rise it.
"No Sasuke, don't think like that," said Mysti, stroking his face and trailing her fingers over his lips, pausing when they opened slightly and a whoosh of hot air flew out curling around her fingertips. "You are going to make it, you have to...." She sounded as though she was convincing herself.
Suddenly Sasue's eyes were clear and he grabbed Mysti's arm with undue force. "Mysti, I am going to die. The sooner you grasp that the sooner you can get over it." he then grabbed her face and with the last dregs of his strength, kissed her.
He whispered, "I love you." then died peacefully in the arms of his beloved.
"No." Mysti whispered, "You will not leave this world yet, my love."
She lifted her face to the sky, glowing with white light, as a pair of colourful butterlies wings burst from her back, ripping two large holes. The blood flowed yet she ignored it.
She looked into Sasuke's 'sleeping' face and leant down. When her lips connected with his a blast of white light burst from the join and engulfed both of them in a last lovers embrace. As it faded Mysti felt her life draining as well. She quietly accepted the consequences of bringing someone back from the afterlife and died with a smile on her face.
Sasuke awoke with a gasp, saw what Mysti had done and smiled sadly.
"I now see the importance of a butterfly. They sustain life."
Sign up to rate and review this story