Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Hopscotch and Butterfingers

Digging in the Dirt

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-10-04 - Updated: 2009-10-05 - 1324 words

0Unrated
He gave me a hug. “To say thank you for going with me tonight.” Aww he’s sweet but I thought it was going to be a kiss. That would have been nice! Lys shut up! You have been single less than 24hrs. Ok well it will be 24hrs in about an hour so. Because of the time difference. I chuckled. “What’s so funny?”
“Nothing. Just thought of something that reminded me of something else.” He looked at me with disbelief written all over his face. “What time are we leaving tonight?”
“Around 6:30. “
“Alright” my stomach rumbled.
“You hungry?” I nodded. “I know the perfect place.” We left the house and drove into the town. We parked in front a little restaurant. This is the best place to eat in town, hands down. I laughed. He opened the door for me and we were quickly seated.
“What’s good?” I asked as I skimmed over the menu.
The mandarin orange salad…that’s what I’m getting.” Not my type of salad. But the crispy chicken sandwich sounded delicious.
“Hi Brendon, hi Brendon’s friend.” the waitress greeted us. Small towns gotta love them.
“Hello Lexi, this is Alyssa.”
“Nice to meet you.” I said.
“Same here, can I get you some coke?”
“Water is fine.”
“Diet,” Brendon told her and turned on her heels to retrieve them. “She’s dating Spencer.” I gave him an oh look. She returned shortly and we ordered. “Crispy chicken?” he asked me and I nodded. We smiled. “Tell me about your relationship with Andy?”
“What do you want to know?”
“Whatever you want to tell me,” Why did he want to know? Hmm, maybe so not to make the same mistakes.
“Well we’ve been friends since grade school. Our moms worked together and we had play dates.”
“Hey Andy. You wanna play house?” he was sitting on the floor in the kitchen running the cars over the tile.
“Sure.” he replied.
“Ok I’m the mommy you’re the daddy. Heres our baby.” I cradled my baby doll in my arms.
“Why can’t I be the mommy?” he asked me.
“You’re not a girl!” I replied.
“Why don’t we play with cars?” he continued to voom voom on the floor.
“We did that last time, its house or we don’t play together.” he shrugged his shoulders.
“Fine, then we don’t play together.” he picked up his vehicles and moved to the other side of the kitchen. I threw my dollie on the ground and ran over to him. I was mad that he wouldn’t play with me! How dare he! Wit out any hesitation I grabbed his hair in the backit was a rats tail. I wouldn’t let go. OW! Let go of me! he roared. Soon our moms came to his aid. I had a tight grip and wouldn’t let up. They had to pry my hands apart. Andy, finally free, turned around to face me. I never want to play with you again! he stormed away. And I picked up my dollie and ran to my room.

“Despite that incident we still played together.” I finished my story.
“So when did you start liking him?” he asked.
“Well he was my first kiss when I was 9.” I started to explain. “But he was 2 years older than me. So I really didn’t understand a relationship.”
I was fourteen when I realized that I liked Andy. But I was too afraid to tell him; didn’t want to lose our friendship. I loved going to his bands concerts. They were always fun and exciting. It was during my junior year that Andy hinted that he wanted more in a relationship. But I was currently dating someone else at the time, Zak. A fellow friend and drummer. We met at one of Andy’s concerts. His band was before Andy’s and I took interest in the lead guitarist/ vocalist, Dan. But then as I got to know him and hang with his friends I started to like Zak. Zak was a sweet guy and never really been a relationship until this one. It was nice for awhile but we grew apart. It wasn’t until the end of Christmas break did Andy ask me out. He was currently taking off a couple of months to finish recording From Under the Cork Tree cd. So it was like the right time to start dating. As soon as the record was launched the bands publicity grew.
“From then we were on and off but mostly on.” I said. “I think in the whole two years we didn’t date for about 4 months.”
“Wow.”
“Yea and those were the times that Fall Out Boy was really successful and constantly on the road.” He chuckled. “Yea when he was home the next time we’d always hook up, until now.” I started to cry. I shouldn’t cry. Not in front of Brendon.
“It’s ok.” he softly told me as he noticed me trying not build a lake around me. I cried so hard.
“I have to wonder. Why did he chose to cheat on me? Was I not good enough for him? Did I not please him? Was I not pretty enough? Am I too fat?” I rambled on. Brendon came over and pulled me into a hug. It was the first time that I ever let anything out like that. I usually kept it bottled up.
“Shh, don’t be think like that.” he cooed in my ear. Then wiped my tears with his fingers. “No more tears. Not over him.” I shook my head no. Brendon kissed me on my forehead and then moved down to my nose and…
He kissed me on the lips. He continued to kiss me until we heard someone clear their throat. It was Lexi with our food. We quickly ate and headed back to his house. Upon arriving we spotted Ryan and Spencer watching some TV. Seeing him made me think of Amanda.
"Hey Ryan." I gave him a hug.
"Oh hey Lyssa." He hugged back and kissed me on the cheek. "How are you? Sorry bout you and Andy. You are definitely better than Tasha Ray."
"Thank you. Can we talk later?"
"Sure." I heard before Brendon pulled me up the stairs and into his room again. This time he threw me on his bed and got on top of me.
"Brendon." I stated before he started to kiss me again. "Should we really be doing this?"
"We can stop if you want?" I just leaned up and kissed him. I didn't want to stop kissing him but I won't go any further. I'm not ready for that again.
"Lys you're a great kisser."
"So are you." he wasn't sloppy or anything. It was really nice. He was better than Andy. I'll give him that much. He looked over at the clock on his night side.
"Shit!" he exclaimed. "We have to get ready to go soon."
"Oh my!" It was 6-o-clock. I jumped and realized that I had no idea where Jon put my bags. "Brendon do you know where my suitcase is?"
"It's in the hallway. Here." we went out and dragged it into his room. "What do you got in here?" he laughed. As did I. I rummaged through my belongings, I pulled out my dress and shoes. I quickly changed and put on my little black dress, brushed my hair, and fixed my make-up. I looked back at Brendon. He was wearing black shiny shoes, pants to match and a white shirt with a deep red tie. "Wow Alyssa you look amazing." he came over and kissed me again.
"Brendon." I giggled, "We need to go. Save some loving for later!" he stole one last kiss before we left and headed to the funeral home.
Sign up to rate and review this story