Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Dark Parade

Her...Part 2

by SmashAuthority 2 reviews

Gerard meets a woman at the gallery opening and makes, erm, quite an impression...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-10-16 - Updated: 2009-10-17 - 1004 words

2Funny
It was while he was sipping champagne that he first spotted her. She was striding confidently through the open gallery, apparently showing some rich, fat dude some paintings. The moment he laid eyes on her, the strangest feeling swept through his body. He actually felt like he had been hit by a truck-the emotion was that powerful. His head was swimming and he struggled to regain his composure but he couldn't stop staring at her.

She was statuesque yet had a petite frame. She had long, poker straight black hair which contrasted with her milky white skin but the thing that drew him in most were her eyes which were a warm chocolate brown that sparkled each time she laughed. Basically, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He found himself moving, almost hypnotically towards her as if she was a magnet.

As he neared her, he felt nervous. He tried to shake the feeling away. Being nervous was an alien emotion to him, it was ridiculous. He was after all Gerard freakin Way AKA Batman AKA The Dark Knight. Why was he so afraid of talking to one female. Okay, one seriously hot female? In his heart he knew she wasn't just any woman. She was different. Not only did she stand out from all the other ladies looks wise (they all had ridiculous fake tans), he could tell she had an awesome personality because when she laughed, it was genuine and not forced and it made his heart beat a little faster.

Before he knew it, he was standing directly behind her. He was at a loss as to what he should do next. He had definitely never had this problem before. However, before he could make a move, she turned around herself to face him.

"Err, can I help you?" She asked politely. He unconcsiously noted her voice was soft and low, almost like a purr. It was hypnotic. He was staring at her so intensely she took an involuntary step backwards.

Gerard cursed himself inwardly. Now she probably thought he was some sort of freak. Well, he was, but he didn't want her to know that. He cleared his throat and tried to smile. In the meantime, she watched him with a bemused expression on her face.

"Hi," He finally spluttered. "I'm Gerard Way," He extended his hand.

She laughed, it was a tinkling sound that set his ears ringing. "Everyone knows who you are, Mr Way," She hesitated slightly before continuing, "I'm Selina Kyle," She took his hand and shook it.

The moment they touched, a strange sensation overcame him, it was as if fire was spreading all over his body. He wondered if she was feeling what he was feeling. He couldn't tell.

"So, erm, do you work here?" Gerard asked, he looked away as he tried to hide the out of control emotions rampaging through his body-after all, he was the master of disguising his feelings.

"Yes," Her eyes lit up when she answered and he figured she was an art lover.

"I've always been interested in Art," He lied, looking at a painting of an overweight naked chick with fake interest.

"Really? Who's you're favorite artist?" She asked with enthusiasm.

Crap. He wondered how he was going to get out of this one when he remembered something. "Michaelangelo," Thank you Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a movie Raymond had forced him to watch when he was a child, so he could attempt to be "normal". Whatever that was.

"Really? What a coincidence. He's also my favorite artist," She beamed at him.

He smiled back at her. It hurt his face a little as he rarely ever did. It felt good.

"what's your favorite painting?"

Double crap. There was no way in hell he could answer this. He wondered if grabbing her and kissing her passionately would distract her. No, she looked like the type of girl who would kick a billionaire "where the sun don't shine" for doing that.

They were interrupted however, by a passing waiter offering hor dourves. Gerard grabbed something hastily off the platter and stuffed it into his mouth so he wouldn't have to answer. It tasted like badly fried rubber.

"You're a brave man, Mr Way," Selina said with a grimace.

"What? Why?" Gerard choked, as he attempted to swallow whatever he was chewing. Really, it was quite disgusting.

She waited for him to swallow before continuing. "Not a lot of people enjoy eating snail,"

It took every ounce of Gerard's self-control not to throw up right there and then. He couldn't believe he had just eaten a freakin snail. Who the hell served snail at an Art Galley opening? What the hell was wrong with rich people? Why did they enjoy eating stuff normally found in gardens and ponds?

He managed to shrug casually (he deserved an Oscar, really). "Well, i believe in trying new things, you know?" He swallowed hard to try to keep the vomit rising up. Throwing up on the girl of your dreams was a major romance killer.

She flashed him a dazzling smile and excused herself, disappearing cat-like into the crowd. Gerard would have stopped her but seriously, the snail was doing flip flops in his stomach. He legged it to the mens room where the snail made a re-appearance, luckily it was empty so no-one witnessed it. It would destroy his totally suave, sophisticated image if someone had seen him chucking up his guts rather un-elegantly in a toilet. He cleaned himself up, all the while berating himself for his lack of real social skills.

He was about to rejoin the party and look for Selina, when he happened to glance out the window. That's when he spotted it. The Bat Signal. It was shining brightly in the night sky. He forgot everything, for he was needed elsewhere now.

For those of you who don't know who Selina Kyle is, i say look her up! BTW Joker makes a come back next...
Sign up to rate and review this story