Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > That Stupid School Project

September 11th: Stage Two

by IWCT 0 reviews

Good thing X-Kids stick together.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jean,Shadowcat - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-11-21 - Updated: 2009-11-22 - 340 words

0Unrated
“And I can’t help feeling like I’ve done something wrong,” Kitty finished.

As before, she discovered that Jean’s secret weapon of chatting had her spilling secrets she wouldn’t have told anyone else. She had quite forgotten that John was sitting in the auditorium. In fact, it looked as if John had forgotten that he was sitting in the auditorium with them. His notebook was out, and a pencil eraser was tapping against his teeth. He was looking vacantly at the ceiling the same way someone does when they have two pieces of information and are trying to make the vital connection. It was obviously adroitly evading the Aussie.

“Kitty, it’s not your fault. You obviously just were caught in a bad place at a bad time. Amy and Riley can be pretty nasty when they set their minds to it. Now stop thinking that you’re cursed. When we go home today you can tell Professor Xavier all about it, and he’ll be able to help.”

“I have a feeling that I should probably talk to Lance. Maybe I should apologize to him and Betsy’s broody friend for getting them mixed up in this --,” Kitty trailed off, looking even more guilty.

“Listen, don’t bother to go to them. If you think you’re cursed, let me tell you, Lance has the bad luck vibe worse than you do. After all, he has Marie and that smarmy Pietro as friends,” Jean told Kitty, trying to get her to smile, a little.

Kitty didn’t mean to, but the way Jean had descried Pietro was too funny. Smarmy had onomatopoeia. Kitty giggled as the bell rang. Jean gave her a hand up from the stage, and they left, John bringing up the rear. The orange haired boy glared at the note book, where he had written the entire conversation down, word for word. He had a feeling that this was all important, but he just could not pin point how it was important.
Sign up to rate and review this story