Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > The Life of a Princess

Gathering from Heaven and Hell

by SnowAhriman 0 reviews

Well the chapter title says it all.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Humor - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-04-14 - Updated: 2006-04-15 - 1371 words

0Unrated
I don't own any of the anime that shows up in this fic I wish I did but I don't. The only things I own are a couple wall scrolls and a plushie.

Chapter V
Gathering from Heaven and Hell

"Snow."

"My Lord," Snow was almost on the floor. She pulled from Kazuma arms by the summon of the mighty phoenix she now stood in front of.

"Your time here is nearly up. I have one last task I wish you to do under my command," He paused. "The lord of the western lands, Sesshomaru..." The name hit Snow like the broad side of a sword from her old master. Memories of sitting in the same sakura tree all day after being chased by the older inu youkai came to the foreground of her mind. He would stalk his 'prey' her and she would watch until sundown. At that time she would slip into the shadows and head to her room. "...is being forced to host this century's gathering. Each Lord will bring their top guards. I am taking Kazuma and yourself."

"Hai my lord."

"You will dress as a lady of the court. On your body no sign of being a guard will show. You will be my escort."

"As you wish my lord. Is there any thing else you wish of me?"

"How well can you work with a fan?"

Sesshomaru

Sesshomaru walked down the hall through the court yard to the gardens. This was his place of piece. It was planted for his grandmother, his own mother did not care for it as she was a warrior. (Hell I don't know what she was but I am just going to put this down for now.) The gathering was closing in on him, he hated those types of things. Life sucked for the taiyoukai right now. He gets word that his betrothed is no longer alive so he begins looking for his fathers sword. Inuyasha gets said sword then hacks off his left arm, Naraku shows up and now he was forced to host this gathering.

"Milord, milord!"

'Kami does hate me. Here comes the toad from hell."

"Sesshomaru-sama, every one reply has arrived. Lord Kanji is bring his top two guards, his nephew and his newest guard. She has been with him for under a century."

"Bring me Rain."

Snow

Snow looked down at the formal kimono that she was being stuffed into. Kazuma was enjoying her pain from the corner. The hand maids were older than Snow and were talking about random things. Snow knew she could order them quite but then the would think and that to a telepath is worst than speech.

When she was fully dressed and ready to go Snow thank any and every god that helped it end. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you but if you touch me I will have to do this all again and I don't think you could live through it."

"Me?"

"Yes you."

The Gathering

"Lord Kanji-sama of the Southern Lands." The toad retainer at the door squeaked at the door as they entered. Snow looked down her noise at the little creature.

'If I had come to the Western Lands then I would have killed that thing the first week.'

"Sesshomaru, my boy." Kanji-sama said to the young lord headed their way.

"Kanji-dono," Sesshomaru greeted with a nod of his head but his eyes were locked with the woman on his arm. She was not a phoenix or any other bird but a neko. Those eyes those piercing blue eyes where so like his beloved's. "My Lady," Sesshomaru bowed to the neko who in turned bowed lower. Something caught his eye, she carried a fan but it was not open and in front of her face. She was the female guard.

"Sesshomaru this is Snow, one of my most powerful guards."

"My Lord falters me. Sesshomaru-sama it is a pleasure to meet you." Snow gave another deep bow.

"How long will you stay Kanji-dono?"

"A few days but then I must return to my lands. May I ask what you have in mind?"

"A spar between Snow and my guard Rain. I feel it will be quite the show."

Kazuma

Kazuma watched as Snow was treated highly by the Western Lord. If any thing happened there he would be forced to step down. He did not want to lose Snow but he knew what they were to each other. A means of release, she says she cared for. She was only using him as he was her. Kazuma was reminded of an old flame by Snow nothing more.

Snow

Sesshomaru greeted each of the lords or reps from the other lands. The head counsel member from the neko tribe in the north east, Rhu, was there. He, like Snow, was a two tail.

When she into the door Rhu turned to the woman on Kanji-sama's arm. He made his way to the unlikely couple. "Kanji-sama what a beautiful female you have brought this evening. How much did you surrender for her?" He waited for his answer.

"Rhu-sama, I wish not to correct you but you are mistaken. I am a first class royal guard, not some whore that was bought to warm some one's bed."

"Do I know you? My name was not mentioned yet you used it like we have meet before."

"If I had it was in a pass life, sir." 'There that was not a complete lie.'

"Are you from my home lands? You are similar to my clan almost the finest detail. Your markings are just a different color." 'Like a long dead princess. If she is that brat she must remain dead.'

"I am from the north. I was a servant for many years to a human lord and his family."

"Which one?" This is where Kanji stepped in.

"My guard does not have to answer any more of your questions. Snow go to Kazuma. He may want to dance."

"Yes my lord."

Snow walked over to a group of guards that Kazuma was in. "Hey big boy want to dance?"

"My lady I would love to." That was went Snow picked the scent of the unknown fruit now known as lemons.

"You," The kitsune looked up. "You are the kitsune that fought with Kikyo."

"And you are the neko that was in the area."

"Yeah I got caught in the cross fire. I am the one that yelled that I was going home. The name is Snow."

"Rain."

"Oh your Rain. I hope the match is every thing our lords hope it will be."

"You're my opponent? I hope you don't wear that to the ring."

"Kazuma I think I owe you a dance."

Snow that night

Snow stood on the balcony of her room she was staying in. Kazuma was asleep two doors down and lord Kanji was nest door in between them.

To the have such a cold ruler the west was very beautiful. The balcony overlooked the garden. Snow was looking down at the lake when she saw him, Sesshomaru was walking along the path.

With her cat grace Snow jumped from the railing and landed behind him. She walked up to him to whisper in his ear. "Chased any other nekos up any trees lately?"

"So you are the missing heir."

"I won't tell if you don't. Since when did you talk so much?" Sesshomaru turned to the woman he always wanted as his mate.

"Since when did you smell of a phoenix?"

"He is a means of release. Every one wants to be held at night. He was there when you were not."

"You sound like a love sick school girl."

"Puppy love, isn't it grand? Will you and I ever..."

"Milord! The neko from the North East is asking for you."

"Good night my lord." With that Snow left to go back to the room she would sleep in for their stay here. Could she leave after that little encounter? Only the Fates could say and they had not shown up to say what they wanted from her.

End Chapter
The next chapter will be Snow's side of the fight between Snow and Rain.
Sign up to rate and review this story