Categories > Original > Drama > the epic tale of Johnathan and Elyse

a lecture, a letter and a proposal

by valentinalove 0 reviews

Elyse is getting ready to leave when she receives a lecture from her mother, a letter from her true love Jonathan and a proposal from Dimitri, her training partner

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-01-17 - Updated: 2010-01-17 - 1277 words

0Unrated
“It is written that on the 16th birthday of all residents of the Kingdoms of the Angels must go on a mandatory 180 day retreat into the mundane society”
As I walked to breakfast on the day of my 16th birthday my mother called me into her chambers.
“Elyse, as you come of age today it being the 16th anniversary of your birth and the 16th anniversary of your fathers disappearance” (my father disappeared the day I was born) “you have a choice to make Elyse, a very important choice. As you know tomorrow you leave on a customary 6 month trip in to the mundane world. Upon your return, should you return, you will be given the choice of whether you want to stay there as a warrior of the People of The Kingdom. After your 6 months of time to reflect and experience a warriors life I shall expect you to return with or have sent me your answer via fey.”(Fey is the word for Farie in The Kingdom of The Angels) “The choice is yours. You may take your spot at the Head of your kingdom of Angels or you may be a lone Angel in a world of demons.” (Mother loved to refer to The People of the Kingdom as angels even though our heritage was only half angel. Our heritage was traced back to the angel Abariel; the angel in ceremonial magic tracts, used for invoking. His named is also found inscribed on the second pentacle of the moon. He and Νύξ, or as the mundane call her, Nyx, the Greek goddess of night, were supposedly secret lovers who bore one child named Phoebe. Phoebe married Hephaestus, son of Zeus and Hera. Our kingdoms descended directly from Phoebe and Hephaestus. So we were not just angel we were half Olympian. Given this we made amazing warriors. We have the strength and wisdom of an Olympian and immortality of an Angel.)
“Yes of course mother. I will spend my time among the mundane in reflection of this and make the best decision possible.” I replied to my mother’s speech. After a delicious breakfast of blueberry scones and blackberries and strawberries, I returned to my room to prepare for training. And just as I had expected there was a fey sitting on my window sill. She was tall (for a fey that meant about 6 inches tall) and very beautiful. Her name was Sara; she was Jonathan Vlaxin of Algernex primary messenger. She had bright blue eyes and long blonde hair that was braided with blue satin ribbons. She was the opposite of me, well other than the tall part, I was 5’ 8”, I had dark brown- red hair that I had chopped of at the bottom of my shoulders blades and eyes so dark that they were often mistaken as black even though they were a as my training partner, Dimitri, told me were “the stunning blue of the midnight sky”. I was large, but not fat, I was muscular, I wasn’t built to be a queen, and I was built to be a warrior. I was born to be one.
“Do you deliver a message Sara?”
“yes your majesty, Jonathan of Algernex sends you best wishes on your birthday also he would like to inform you that he wishes you accompany him as he journeys through Manhattan beginning tomorrow morning. As he has informed me, you are to leave for your 6 month period tomorrow as dose his. He would like you to meet him at the People of the Kingdom’s Headquarters as soon as you arrive.”
“Thank you Sara, will you please inform Jonathan that I will be waiting for him outside of the headquarters tomorrow at 10:00 am and that I look forward to meeting him in person very much?”
“Of course your majesty but I do require a payment for the delivery. And also Prince Vlaxin wishes you safe travels and would like me to give you this. You are not to open it until I leave My Lady.” She told me handing me a small midnight blue silk bag.
“Thank you Sara” I said, handing her a silver coin” and here is your payment.”
“Many thanks My Lady”
As soon as Sara was gone I opened the small bag. Inside it I found an exquisite necklace. It was most likely hand made. It was a sapphire and emerald dragonfly with a silver lining and a white gold chain that let it drop about an inch below my Adam’s apple. There was a folded piece of paper in the bag that contained the following note
Dearest Elyse,
My love follows you where ever you may roam on your retreat into the mundane world. for our love is like a flower the longer it is given the more it shall grow. My love, I shall soon get to hold you in my arms, soon I shall be able to whisper how much I love you, and not have to send Fey messangers to tell you. When you arrive tomorrow our love will no longer be a secret. We wil be able to end the war and reunite our kingdoms. Love broke our kingdoms apart, and now Love shall save them. I hope to see you as soon as I get there, I have something extremely important to ask you
All My Love, until tomorrow
Forever yours
Jonathan
P.S. I hope that the necklace will bring you safety in your travels. It belonged to Phoebe, you know from the legend, Nyx and Abariel, some of the fey found it and gave it to me as a gift, I realized that it looked like Phoebes necklace so I did some more research and she disappeared in the same area that the fey found the necklace.

And he was right, soon our love would no longer have to be a secret, our love would save The Kingdom of the Angels.
I slid the necklace around my neck and smilled at how natural it felt. Then I put on the all black clothes of a warrior and went to training.
In a darkened alcove of the hall Dimitri stopped me.
“Elyse I have to ask you something.”
“can we walk and talk, we are going to be late.”
“Elyse, Love,” (love????) “this is important.”
“so is training. Cant it wait?”
Then out of nowhere my step father, Jace, came in and
“Elyse. Dimitri. You better hurry or you will be late for training.” then noticed that we were all alone and asked “What is Going on here?!?!”
“Well I’m not really sure Dimitri seemed to want to ask me something, it seemed really important, but you came in before he asked.”
Turning to Dimitri Jace said “well young warrior what is it that you wanted to ask my daughter?”
Then out of nowhere “ Sir I am madly in love with your daughter , I have been since the day I first met her and I wanted to ask for her hand in marriage."
“well now,” Jace said, “ that’s not quite as bad as I thought. I guess that this is none of my business, there is no one in the kingdom that I would rather have succeed me as king. Although I belive that this is Elyse’s choice seeing as she is an adult now what do you say Elyse?”
I must say that this is very sudden and not a decision that I can make on such short notice. Let me think it through and I will give you my answer before I leave in the morning.”
Well I was not expecting this….
Sign up to rate and review this story