Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Unexpected Uprisings

Unexpected Rescuing

by Fuck-Is-A-Funny-Word 0 reviews

Fish. A sugar crazed wolf. And an unexpected saviour.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Inuyasha,Koga,Sesshoumaru - Published: 2010-04-08 - Updated: 2010-04-09 - 2273 words

1Hot
Inuyasha rubbed his face hard with a washcloth, trying to get the smell of lavender from his body. When he returned, Shippou thought it would be funny to spray him with Kagome’s perfume stuff. As soon as it was out in the air, he couldn’t stop sneezing.

He sighed at his reflection in the stream he was kneeling next to. It seemed that he had nicked his cheek and hadn’t noticed. It was a rather shallow cut, so he didn’t care. He blinked at the fish in the stream. Should I catch some for the rest of the group? He didn’t know if Kagome had any food left for them so he caught seven big fish. He looked like a dog on the prowl, so to speak. It would have been quite amusing for an outsider to see the little hanyou catch his fish with his tongue poking out of his mouth while concentrating very hard. He thought it was enough so he started to go back to the camp. Before arriving, he smelled a distinct wolf scent. Kouga. He immediately went on high alert. As he reached the campsite, something hit him in the chest and knocked him down. Kouga was sitting on top of him. Suddenly, Kouga’s arms shot out in front of him and he started playing with Inuyasha’s ears. Inuyasha’s breath got caught in his throat. “Hey you mangy wolf! Get off me!” Kouga giggle. He giggled. Inuyasha immediately got suspicious and sniffed the air. Oh no. It was sweet. His eyes went straight to Kagome. His eyes narrowed. “How much sugar did you give him?!”

“Well, I gave him a sucker. Just one, but he wanted more and I refused to give it to him! Then, he pounced on my backpack and found the bag of candy I had. He ate it all…and then he ate the sugar I had for tea…” Inuyasha growled and Kouga simply licked his face.

“Stop! Kouga get off of me! Heel boy! Gah! Stop!”

“No! You’re cute. Let me kiss you!” Kouga screeched happily. Inuyasha’s eyes went wide.

“Oh, hell no! Get away!” Kouga leaned into Inuyasha, trying to kiss him.

“That’s so cute! You guys remind me of two pups playing together. Then again, Kouga’s trying to kiss you. Oh well!” Kagome laughed.

“Hey, I’m not a pup!”

“You sure act like one!” she giggled. Inuyasha growled louder and mustered up all of his strength to push the hyperactive wolf off of him. Kouga yipped happily and clung onto Inuyasha.

He glanced at Kouga and back at Kagome. “I kind of like him better this way, actually.”

“We do too,” said Miroku and Sango.

“Right. Well, I brought fish.” Inuyasha retrieved the fish from a bush it landed in while he was being tackled.

“Good. We ran out of food,” Kagome said, snatching the fish from Inuyasha’s hand. She started on the fish. ”How come there’s only seven fish? That’s not enough for all six of us. Go get some more, Inuyasha.” Inuyasha’s eye twitched.

“Well, I don’t have to eat. Kouga can have my portion,” he offered politely, out of character.

“No. You need to eat and keep up your strength so you can protect me.”

“Protect you? Is that all I’m good for?” Inuyasha’s voice rising.

“Do not raise your voice at me, Inuyasha!”

“You’re not my mother, Kagome. Stop being an ungrateful wench!”

“Why you…SIT BOY!” Inuyasha saw it coming, so he braced himself for the impact. “Sit! Sit! Sit!” He wasn’t expecting those and heard a crack. He heard Kagome stomp off somewhere and leave camp.

“My love! Are you okay?” Kouga gasped, still hyper on sugar.

Miroku neared the hanyou crater. “Are you okay, Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha didn’t respond because he didn’t want to show his pain. He slowly got up and tried to keep a straight face. He kept his hair in his face to mask his emotions from the world and his friends. “I’m fine.” he grunted.

“Inuyasha, you’re bleeding,” Shippou gasped, eyes wide. Inuyasha looked down and sure enough, his haori was absorbing his blood. He sat down and took off his haori and kosode. His ribs. He concentrated and could feel that they were somewhat fractured and one was indeed broken. It was protruding out of his chest a sickly white color, oozing blood and pieces of skin.

He squeezed his eyes shut and suddenly heard a rustling sound. His heart picked up speed. He was injured, badly, by the little miko wench and now his pack was in danger. He slowly stood up, trying not to pull on his wound and unsheathed Tetsusaiga, but not before slipping on his haori to cover his ribs. The others stood at the ready, in front of Inuyasha. The intruder stepped out of safety of the forest. Sesshomaru.

Inuyasha gasped and clutched his chest, making his pain worse. He doubled over, dropping his sword. All the while, Sesshomaru stepped closer. His friends tensed. The Daiyoukai let out his energy whip and pulled the ningen and ookami out of his path behind him, making them land none to gently.

He stepped in front of Inuyasha and knelt down. The hanyou not daring to look up. Sesshomaru lifted his hand and Inuyasha flinched. Sesshomaru frowned slightly and pulled Inuyasha’s chin up, moving his hair out of his face. His eyes were guarded, but he couldn’t keep the pain from his eyes. Sesshomaru seeing this looked over Inuyasha’s body. He stopped at his chest and sniffed, smelling the dark spot on the haori. His eyes narrowed.

Unexpectedly, Sesshomaru shoved Inuyasha on his back and ripped open his haori. Inuyasha grunted in pain. Sesshomaru stared at Inuyasha’s exposed chest, eyes a bit wider than usual, but not so much that anyone could see emotion. He lightly traced his brother’s ribs with his deadly, clawed fingers. Inuyasha gasped at the sudden pressure of his wounds, but did nothing more because, surprisingly, Sesshomaru’s prodding didn’t hurt. Inuyasha didn’t seem to notice the small glow coming out of Sesshomaru’s fingers because he was staring at Kouga’s sudden sobbing. Miroku, Sango, and the now transformed Kilala were holding him back. “Why won’t my love get up? Is he dead? He’s dead isn’t he?! Oh, love, please. Get up! Don’t die! Don’t leave me!” Shippou just snickered.

Suddenly, Sesshomaru ducked and lay flat onto his stomach, next to Inuyasha as an arrow glowing pink whizzed by his head. “Get away from him, you big creep!” Kagome’s voice yelled. She got another arrow ready as Sesshomaru simply stared at her. She shot a warning arrow. “I said get away. I don’t want to hurt you.” Sesshomaru gave a small, almost unnoticeable smirk.

“You hurt me? Be serious, miko.” Sesshomaru unleashed his energy whip again and sent it toward Kagome. A sudden snap was heard. Kagome looked down and everyone stared at her. She fell onto her knees and her bow fell from her hands. He broke her bow. Sesshomaru broke her bow. Kagome stared at Inuyasha.

“Inuyasha, he broke my bow! Stop lying on the ground and fight him, you lazy dog!” She commanded. Inuyasha just stared at her with sad eyes. She glared. “I said fight him! Right now!”

“Why?” he asked simply.

“Because I told you to! You’re supposed to protect me!”

Inuyasha looked away. “Aren’t you supposed to protect me too, Kagome?”

“Well, of course! That’s what my bow and arrows are for, but your stupid brother broke it!” Sesshomaru growled lowly as a warning, but Kagome didn’t seem to care.

“Stop yelling, Kagome,” Inuyasha spoke without emotion. “It isn’t helping anyone or anything.” Kagome took a deep breath and looked calmly at him. Inuyasha leaned up to recline on his arms and sit up, but Sesshomaru quickly pushed him back down. He was kind of grateful because it hurt to move.

Kagome’s eye’s narrowed. “Why won’t you get your lazy butt up, Inuyasha? Don’t make me sit you again!” she threatened. Inuyasha flinched. That sudden movement made him gasp in pain, which in turn made Sesshomaru look at him. Not wanting to be sat again, especially in his state, he slowly got to his knees and closed his haori before Kagome could see his wounds. He grunted as he slowly got to his feet. Sesshomaru looked at him warily. He stood up and gently took Inuyasha’s arm, helping him up. Although grateful, he didn’t meet the daiyoukai’s eyes in fear of seeing hate or something similar. Sesshomaru positioned himself slightly behind Inuyasha so the latter could lean back and not overexert himself. “You’re so slow! Hurry up!”

Finally on his feet, he breathed deeply, trying to catch his breath. He looked up at Kagome. “I’m up.”

“Good. Took you long enough,” she sneered. “Now attack him.”

Inuyasha stared at her. “Why?” he asked again.

“Because he broke my bow! I already told you!”

“So?” he said simply.

“I can’t protect you if I don’t have it.”

“Wench, the only thing he needs protection from is you,” Sesshomaru mumbled lowly, hoping she would hear but knew she couldn’t.

“You can always get a new bow, Kagome. It’s not irreplaceable,” Inuyasha spoke calmly.

“That isn’t the point. I won’t be able to protect you when Sesshomaru attacks you. And it should be soon,” she sneered. Inuyasha tensed.

“Do not worry. I will not hurt you. If I wanted to, I would have already,” he mumbled softly. Inuyasha relaxed and shook his head.

“He won’t,” Inuyasha said, trusting his brother’s word. Sesshomaru had a very small smile on his face. A warm feeling went throughout his body.

“And how do you know that?” Kagome snorted.

“Because I trust him,” he said simply. Sesshomaru tensed as the words left Inuyasha’s mouth. He placed a hand on the small of Inuyasha’s back to show him that Inuyasha indeed could trust him. Inuyasha smiled lightly. Miroku, Sango, Kouga, and Shippou stared with eyes wide. Kagome laughed.

“Trust him? Please! He hates you and you hate him! What‘s there to trust? He‘s always attacking you, trying to kill you for your sword and because you’re an abomination to the world and your father’s name!” Sesshomaru glared and Inuyasha tensed, he didn’t miss that she didn’t deny the abomination statement.

“Please stop, Kagome. He won’t hurt me. I know it. Don’t you trust me?” Inuyasha pleaded.

“Of course I do. I just don‘t trust him, Inuyasha. You shouldn‘t either. You aren’t supposed to.”

“Do not tell him what he should and should not do, little miko,” Sesshomaru growled. Kagome squeaked in fear, finally.

“Inuyasha, he’s going to attack me if you don’t attack him first!”

“No he won’t, Kagome. Even if he did, it would be your own fault.”

“Why you…you…SIT BOY! SIT. SIT. SIT.” Inuyasha gasped and as soon as Sesshomaru was aware of what was about to happen, he grabbed Inuyasha and twisted them so Sesshomaru could get the brute of the fall. He grunted with each “sit” that came, but held tight onto Inuyasha. Inuyasha whimpered after the “sits” came to a stop. Kouga was the first to make it to the edge of the Inucrater, followed by Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kilala. As the dirt cloud cleared, Sesshomaru sat up, cradling Inuyasha. Kouga was still crying.

“My Inuyasha! Are you okay? Answer me, my love!” Inuyasha slowly opened his eyes as he heard the voice.

“Ko-Kouga. Will you shut up?” Inuyasha chuckled, though in a lot of pain. He looked up into his brother’s face. He searched his eyes. “Are you alright?”

“Do not worry about me, I am fine. I..never knew how much one of those such commands hurt. How are you, little brother?”

“I’m..fine,” Inuyasha lied. Sesshomaru chucked.

“You are a terrible liar.” Inuyasha glared.

Sesshomaru slowly got to his feet, still carrying Inuyasha in his arms. He climbed out of the crater and lied Inuyasha on the ground. Kouga ran to Inuyasha and knelt down behind him. He picked up his head and placed it on his lap.

“Are you okay, my lovely Inu?” Kouga asked.

“I am fine, Kouga! Leave me alone,” Inuyasha growled.

“But, I‘m worried about you!” Kouga whined. He leaned down and pecked Inuyasha’s nose. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru glared at him.

“When will this sugar high end?” Inuyasha sighed. Well…I don’t really mind it, I guess. He’s kind of…cute. Cute? Inuyasha doesn’t think like that! Snapping out of his daze, Inuyasha blushed and looked away. Sesshomaru saw this and his eyes narrowed. Maybe he should leave? Sesshomaru turned and headed toward the forest. Inuyasha saw him retreating. “Wait Sesshomaru. Don’t..don’t go,” he said, forgetting about the new moon. Sesshomaru nodded and sat under a tree at the edge of camp. Kagome glared at the brothers and Kouga from the other side of the camp and the rest of the group either sat near Inuyasha and Kouga or looked for fire wood. It wouldn’t be long until the sun went down and it was sure to be a chilly night.
Sign up to rate and review this story