Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Blue Moon

We're Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday

by SmashAuthority2 4 reviews

Stella attends the party thrown in her honor. What could possibly go wrong?...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-05-26 - Updated: 2010-05-26 - 3784 words

5Exciting
Thank you for the reviews!! xx

I stand in front of my bedroom mirror admiring my reflection. I am wearing a black bandage dress and matching black chain strap platforms. It's a revealing and risque look- not something I would ever dream of wearing, but Chase, my very gay best friend insisted I borrow the outfit from him. Lord knows what he does with this stuff in his spare time.

"Hurry up, Stella!" yells my dad from the bottom of the stairs. "Gerard's here!"

I grab my jacket and try to run for the door. Of course, the heels make that impossible so I hobble instead. I hold onto the wall for support as I descend the stairs, thanking God Gerard is not here to witness my ungraceful descent. I was hoping to make an entrance.

When I am safely on the ground I breath a sigh of relief and head for the living room where Gerard and my dad must be waiting. When I walk in they are both sitting comfortably on the coach watching the evening news. Gerard turns his head slightly when I walk in and I smile. Of course, he's aware of my presence. He can probably hear my heartbeat.

I clear my throat so my dad knows I'm here. He doesn't have super sharp hearing. Gerard gets up swiftly and turns to look in my direction. His usual cool demeanor falters when his eyes fall on me. I blush as he looks me up and down. It's not in a sleazy way, it's in a loving manner and makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

"You look....nice," he says in an even tone.

My dad gets up-a lot slowly then Gerard, and also turns to look in my direction. His reaction is different. He takes one look at me.......and bursts into tears.

Gerard and I stare at him in shock as he sobs into his hands. "Dad!" I cry. "What's wrong?"

"It's nuh-nothing," he sniffles. "I'm fine."

Gerard hands him a tissue from the coffee table and he takes it gratefully. "Why are you crying?" I ask, in what I hope is a gentle tone. He blows his nose in reply. "Dad," I say patiently. "Answer me."

"Fine." He takes a shaky breath and squints at me. "It's just...I've just realized. You're all grown up."

"What?" I glance at Gerard who gives me a look. "I don't understand." Gerard shakes his head.

"You don't understand?" he repeats. "Look at you!" he says dramatically. "You're a.....a.....woman." He whispers the word like it is sinister.

Gerard mouths something to me but I don't get it. His lips move way too quickly for me to understand what he is trying to say. Has he forgotten I'm not a vampire? Which reminds me, we need to discuss that matter soon.

"Of course I'm a woman," I say in exasperation. "Did you think I would turn into a man?" I put my hand on my hip and stare at him.

Gerard sighs beside my father. Dad sniffs loudly. "You kids grow up so quickly," he mutters.

That's when I understand. He's having one of those my-kid-is-no-longer-a-kid moment, something I thought moms were prone to having, not dads.

"Oh, now I get it," I say, and Gerard rolls his eyes. I glare at him. Just because he can read minds and I can't doesn't make him superior to me. He catches the look on my face and smirks, my anger melts immediately. I hate it when he does that.

I approach my dad and put my arms around him. I rest my head on his chest so it is a proper Kodak moment and he sighs contentedly. "I wish we could stay like this forever," he says.

"Yeah, me too," I say, though I hope he's not serious. I need to sit down, my shoes are killing my feet. No wonder people call them "killer heels".

I peer at Gerard with one eye and see he is shaking with laughter. I wonder what he finds so funny. It can't be this touching father-daughter moment, can it?

"Now, Stella," begins dad gravelly. "There's something I think we need to talk about." He releases me and puts his hands on my shoulders, giving me the most serious look ever.

"Okay," I say, nervously.

"I know you two are...dating." He smiles at me. "And I know what it's like to be young and to have all those hormones raging around inside of your body. I mean, I was a teenager once."

"That was centuries ago," I protest.

"That may be so," says dad. "But teenagers haven't changed much, have they? They're all still after the same thing."

Oh, Lord. I know where this is going.

Dad turns to Gerard, who's face is now expressionless. "I like you, Gerard. I really do, but I feel I have to say this: if you get my daughter pregnant, son. I'll kill you." He then pats Gerard affectionately on the back. "I'm the sheriff. I can get away with it."

"Dad!" I cry, in total horror. "What the hell?" I cannot believe he just threatened to kill the love of my life! Who cares if Gerard is already dead? It's just so rude!

"You stay out of this, Stella. This is between the men," replies dad airily.

"Hell no!" I yell, my voice rising. "This is so totally out of line!" I rage.

"It's fine, Stella," says Gerard. "I understand."

"Excuse me? The man just said he'd kill you if you knocked me up!" I glare at dad.

"I'm not raising no grandbabies. Not yet anyway," dad sniffs.

I'm utterly speechless. Now I understand why Gerard was laughing though I don't see how any of this is funny. It's the most incredibly embarrassing thing that dad's ever done. And this is the man who starts doing the robot when he gets drunk.

"I understand completely," says Gerard, respectfully. "You don't have to worry about a thing. I promise." I watch his face carefully to see if he is offended but he gives nothing away.

"Great, great," says dad. "Cause I'd hate to have to kill you."

Gerard mouth twitches and he turns to me. "Shall we?" he asks.

I shake my head angrily. I'm so angry with dad right now, I want to kick his butt. I don't care if he's my father. I'm gonna go Joseph Jackson on his ass!

I think Gerard notices the steam coming out of my ears because the next thing I know he's standing beside me. He places a cool hand on my hip and rubs it discreetly so dad doesn't see. It's very distracting.

"Let's go," he whispers in my ear.

I nod grumpily and he leads the way out. When we get to the front door I'm all set to ignore dad but unbelievably Gerard predicts this.

"Just say goodnight or he'll get upset again. He's feeling very emotional right now," Gerard explains to me. I roll my eyes.

"Goodnight dad," I say in a forced sugary tone.

"I'll see you later, sweetheart," he says. I have to say I can see tears forming in his eyes already. What's wrong with this guy? Is he on his period? "Take care of my baby, Gerard," he calls as we make a hasty retreat.

"I will," promises Gerard.

We get into Gerard's car and he starts the engine-after making sure I have my seat belt on, of course. As soon as he rounds the corner I explode.

"That was so embarrassing!" I cry, cringing as I remember what my crazy dad said. "Oh God, I'm so going to need major therapy now." I rub my temples feeling distressed.

"Relax, Stella," says Gerard soothingly. "It's not that big a deal." He chuckles. "It was quite amusing actually."

"Well, I'm glad you found it funny, because I didn't," I huff.

He places a hand on my leg. "Don't upset yourself. We'll talk about it later if you want, but right now, we have a party to attend."

"Oh yeah," I sigh.

He drives on in silence for awhile. I try to erase the horrifying experience I just had and force myself to think of other things. My thoughts turn to Jacob and the card he left in my locker. So far, he hasn't tried to contact me. I tried to call him when I got home from school but his cell was off.

"What are you thinking?" Gerard asks softly.

"Erm, nothing," I lie. I feel guilty but I can't tell Gerard about Jacob. They totally hate each others guts.

"You sure?" he presses and I nod. "Okay. We're here."

The car slows to a stop and we get out. It's very dark now so I can't see very far ahead. I squint my eyes and attempt to observe my surroundings-it's almost impossible. I can barely make out his house. One thing I do notice is it's surrounded by tall trees, shielding it from the rest of the world.

I was looking forward to seeing where Gerard and the Sullen's lived but I was so distracted by my fathers behavior I didn't pay any attention to where we were going. The fact that Gerard drives like a speed demon probably didn't help.

"Come on," he says. His voice sounds soft and seductive in the darkness making me shiver.

He takes my hand and again leads the way forward. I follow behind him silently when suddenly the front door swings open.

"There you are!" cries an ecstatic Frank. "Oh my, Stella! You look ravishing!" He bounds towards us and tries to get past Gerard-who pushes him firmly away.

"Back off, Frank," he growls.

"No!" yells Frank. "I want a hug!" He holds out his arms to me. "Give me some sugar, sugar!" He demands.

Gerard and I exchange glances. I squeeze his hand reassuringly and step into Frank's eager arms.

"Happy birthday, angel!" He sighs and kisses me on my cheek. "I swear, if I wasn't gay...." I giggle.

"Then I'd have to kill you," finishes Gerard darkly. I roll my eyes at his somewhat crazed possessiveness.

"I love it when you talk dirty," simpers Frank.

Gerard ignores him and takes my hand. "Let's get you inside."

"Go through to the living room," calls Frank from behind us.

I look all around me as we walk through the front door. Their house is huge. There are floor to ceiling glass windows and I see we are walking over incredibly shiny laminate flooring which could be hazardous to my health. Whoever decorated this place sure did a good job. It looks like it was pulled straight out of a magazine or some fancy showroom. I notice a glass chandelier hanging from the ceiling in one of the rooms we pass. Gerard never told me they were rich! Not that I'm a golddigger or anything

Gerard guides me into a huge white living room where the rest of the Sullen's are waiting for us. I am greeted by a loud (only in Rays case) chorus of "Happy Birthday!" I swear I hear Mikey mutter "filthy human".

The room has been decorated by hundreds of pink candles which have been scattered everywhere and there are dozens of crystal bowls filled to the brim with blood red roses. I think it looks gay but say nothing, presuming Frank is responsible for it. I should have told him I am allergic to the color pink.

There is a glass table in the middle of the room holding a scary looking pink cake which is surrounded by neatly wrapped presents-the wrapping paper is pink also. I can feel a rash coming on already.

"Wow," I lie expertly. "This is so....erm, lovely!"

Gerard raises an eyebrow. Maybe he can hear my thoughts? Or maybe he just knows me well?

"Thank you," says Frank, bounding in after us. "Pink is sooooo cute, right?"

I can find no words to speak so end up nodding instead. "That's not even the best part," he continues excitedly. "Check out your cake."

I approach the three tiered monstrosity with trepidation. Upon closer inspection I see it has been decorated with purple butterflies and pink hearts. "You won't believe who baked it for you," says Frank, disturbingly close to my ear.

"You baked it?" I ask, surprised.

"I didn't." He turns dramatically to his family. "Step forward:Bob!"

I gasp in amazement. Bob? As in, the serial killer, Bob? He steps forward slowly looking as mean as ever. I seriously can't imagine this guy in an apron. Especially making a pink cake.

I look at Gerard. He nods to confirm my unspoken thoughts, though he looks like he is trying not to smile. "Wow," I whisper. "Wow." That's all I can say, really.

"Thanks, Bob." I manage to drag a few words out of my mouth. He grunts in response.

"Don't thank him yet, thank him after you've tasted it," twitters Frank. "Bob's the official cook in this family-not that we ever eat food, of course. But, you know, once in a century it comes in handy."#

I wonder how rusty his culinary skills are and if it's safe to eat a meal cooked by a vampire. I glance at Gerard who smiles back encouragingly at me.

"Let's cut the cake," suggests Frank. He pushes me towards the table and literally forces me to stand behind the cake, which is causing my eyes to hurt. "Alright everyone." He claps his hands together to get their attention. I see Ray is playing on a DS today, Bob is watching us carefully-and unblinkingly, Gerard is leaning on the table looking terribly sexy and Mikey is staring at the ceiling in a bored manner.

"Let's sing Happy Birthday to the birthday girl."

"You don't have to do that," I say hastily.

"Nonsense," scoffs Frank, "it's tradition."

I sigh as he begins singing at the top of his lungs. He is joined by Gerard, who's voice is just delicious. Bob moves his lips but no sound comes out, I think Ray is cursing instead of singing because I distinctly see his lips mouth a dirty word, and the delightful Mikey is glaring at me. I glare back.

When they are done I smile at them-especially Gerard. "That was sweet."

"I know, we're the best, aren't we?" beams Frank. "Now cut the cake."

He hands me a gleaming silver knife which looks incredibly sharp and I take it.
Gerard comes to stand beside me, maybe he thinks I'll accidently chop a finger off or something. To show him he is wrong I carefully slice through the cake making sure to keep all my fingers tucked in away from danger.

Frank claps enthusiastically. "Now taste it."

Gerard hands me a plate and I grudgingly place a slice on it. Bob is watching me with narrowed eyes making me self-conscience. I take a small bite.....and regret it.

There are no words to describe how bad it is. To put it into elegant terms, it tastes like crap. I immediately begin to choke, my eyes start to water and the urge to drink a jug full of water crosses my mind.

I swallow with great difficulty but a small piece gets stuck in my throat. I cough to try to clear my throat but that itself causes an uncontrollable coughing fit. I rub my chest as I try to calm myself. It doesn't help that my eyes are watering. Man, I hate it when this happens. Especially when people are watching.

"Oh my God!" screams Frank. "She's choking to death!" He spins me around super fast and instantly puts me into the Heimlich maneuver. Unfortunately, in his panic he is forgetting his vampire strength. His arms feel like iron clamps around me. I can hear my ribs being crushed.

I flail my arms around weakly as he squeezes me. "Spit it out!" he bellows.

"Unghf," I reply. What I am trying to say is "Get off me you crazy mother....." Unfortunately, I can't breath thus I can't speak....And is that a light at the end of a tunnel I see? So it does exist! How exciting!

My knees are beginning to feel weak when his arms are wrenched from my body. I collapse onto the table in a heap as the world spins. I hear a voice speaking quickly beside me but I cannot make out the words at the moment as my ears are ringing.

Someone takes me into their arms and holds me close to their chest. I rest my head gratefully and take some deep breaths. When my vision begins to clear up I look up to see who it is. It's Bob. His blue eyes are alert and full of concern. Up close I see he sort of resembles a giant golden teddy bear. Maybe I was wrong about him?

"What the hell where you thinking, Frank!" I hear Gerard bellow.

"I thought she was choking to death!" screams Frank. "It looked that way!" He is rubbing his arm and appears quite upset. "I don't know how the human body reacts. I'm a vampire remember?"

"Get him out of my sight before I rip his head off!" growls Gerard.

"Oh, that's just typical of you, isn't it, Gerard? You always have to resort to violence. Can't you just talk things out?" Frank says, now sobbing.

"Ray...." There is an extremely dangerous edge to Gerard's voice. Ray looks around nervously, his DS forgotten.

"You're so mean!" cries Frank and turns his back on him. To cry in private, I think. "I totally hate you right now."

"I'm so upset," Gerard bites back sarcastically. "How will I go on?"

Frank's body goes stiff. He turns around slowly. The look on his face is murderous-totally unlike the Frankie I know and love. Ray gulps and takes a step backward. Even Mikey looks concerned. Bob holds me tighter and watches the scene before us closely.

"You're such an ass, Gerard," Frank hisses through gritted teeth. He sure looks pissed.

Gerard rolls his eyes and shrugs carelessly. Probably not a good idea, I think.

"Motherfucker!" screams Frank. "I'll kill you!!" I watch in amazement as he leaps through the air. I should mention it's a graceful leap, something a ballerina would produce.

He lands squarely on Gerard's chest and they fall to the floor. "Or cause considerable damage, whichever works!" he snarls as he punches Gerard full in the mouth.

"No!!" I shout. Can this really be happening because of me? Only moments before I was eating a disgusting cake. I feel so guilty.

Bob lets me go and rushes towards them. I stumble around the table to see whether I can help. When Frank smashes through a glass window I decide to back off. I watch in horror as Ray and Bob try to restrain a furious Gerard, who seems hell bent on tearing Frank apart.

Frank on the other hand, seems to want to do the same to Gerard-only he's currently sitting in a heap outside. I shake my head in disbelief. Never make a vampire mad, trust me.

"This is all happening because of you," snarls an all too unfriendly voice.

I turn to face Mikey. He is giving me the look I think he invented just for me. It makes me feel all special inside, believe me.

I ignore him. "Pathetic human," he spits. "If only Gerard could see you're not worth the trouble."

I grind my teeth together but continue to act like he isn't there. This only makes him more mad. He grabs my arm. "Why don't you just get out of our lives?" His face is scarily close to mine.

"Let her go." We both turn simultaneously and see Gerard standing with his arms folded.

Mikey considers this order for a second but chooses to disregard it. "Relax, big brother," he says darkly. "Your pet is safe." He pulls me closer. Gerard's face grows angrier.

"I will not repeat myself," he says, in a barely audible whisper.

Again Mikey disobeys him. Instead choosing to smirk evilly at him. "Make me," he taunts.

"Now, now, guys," I begin in what I hope is a placating tone. "Let's not get all excited."

Gerard ignores me. "Mikey," he says calmly. "This is your last warning."

Bob, Ray and a dazed Frank watch in silence. I'm glad to see Frank doesn't look fatally wounded.

What happens next is unimaginable.

Mikey and Gerard stare at each other for the longest time silently. I am beginning to wonder what the hell is going on when Gerard's face goes pale-actually as white as a sheet. He looks so horrified it's like someone has just told him Santa doesn't exist.

"No," he breaths.

I would have asked him what was up, but Mikey chooses that moment to push me. I'm not talking a little get-away-from-me push but a mighty shove with all his undead strength. I suddenly became airborne, I swear it's like I am flying. I would have enjoyed it as well if I wasn't aware I had to land somewhere.

Frank utters a high pitched scream in the distance, I have to say he sounds a bit like a girl. Meanwhile, I continue to sail like a football heading for a net. But it isn't a net I land in.....

I crash right into the glass table the birthday cake had been sitting on and go right through it. Millions of tiny shards of glass spray me in the face and I close my eyes instinctively. I feel a sharp stab of pain in my hand and hundreds of tiny prickles on my exposed legs. I lie on the floor for a second thinking what a huge bastard Mikey is before I manage to get myself into a sitting position.

Mostly I am numb from shock. I've never been assaulted before, you see. At least not by a vampire. It is pretty traumatizing stuff.

I am also a little peeved. I expected Gerard would have been by my side in a flash but he isn't. Hello? His crazy baby brother has just thrown me into a glass heap. Doesn't he care at all?

Confused and disoriented I peer at the blood gushing out of my hand. There is so much of it, there are little tiny spots oozing out of my legs as well. I sigh. What a crappy birthday. Vampires and their unpredictable tempers. Vampires. Vampires.......... Oh crap.

I look up from my injuries and into the eyes of five blood drinking vampires.....

What is going to happen next?....
Sign up to rate and review this story