Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Twenty

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Only 2 more chapters left. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-06-19 - Updated: 2010-06-19 - 806 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nikki's POV

"Ready?" Jacob asked.

I nodded, "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess..."

He smiled, "That's the spirit!"

I laughed and followed him. Instead of going to the car, he took me to the bathrooms. He smirked, "Either you can wait here while I go, or you can go too."

I laughed and shook my head, "I think I'll be fine."

He smiled, "If you say so."

I was leaning against the side of the building, waiting for him to come out of the bathroom when I saw it; my dad's car. Or at least, what I thought to be my dad's car. I knew I was probably just seeing things. A lot of people could have a car like that... The car was just pulling into the rest stop when Jacob walked out of the bathroom. He smiled and grabbed my hand. We started walking to the car and he kissed me lightly, "Today is the first day of our new life together."

I smiled and we started walking across the parking lot to get to the car. I remember Jacob freezing half way there. I turned to him and he screamed, "Nikki! No!"

The next thing I knew was pain. Lots of pain. It felt as if millions of tiny pieces of glass were being shoved into my skin. All I could see was darkness because my eyes were closed. It took a lot more strength than it should have to open my eyes. I searched for Jacob, and he was sitting a few feet away from me, crying. I could see my dad and Frank standing off the side of him a little, and they were crying too. I tried to move, but it only sent more pain through my body. I opened my mouth to speak and after some effort I managed to get out a soft whimper.

Jacob ran to my side and grabbed my hand. He smiled, "Nikki, sweetie. The ambulance will be here in a few minutes." Ambulance...? "Please, stay with me until then..."

My eyes started to close because it was struggle to keep them open. I heard Jacob gasp beside me, so I squeezed his hand, even though it hurt so much.

I heard him sigh and he pressed his lips to mine. I couldn't find it in my to kiss back. I was so weak...

After what seemed like ages of lying in pain with only Jacob's hand to let me know that I was still alive, before I heard the ambulance. I was already drifting in and out of consciousness before they had me into the ambulance.

---

Jacob's POV

"Has anyone said anything yet?" Gerard asked as I walked back into the waiting room.

I shook my head, "No..."

He sighed, "Where did you go?" he asked when I sat down in the seat that I had been sitting in the whole time we had been here.

I went to the vending machine down the hall." I glanced down at the bag of bite-sized Oreo's that were in my hand.

He nodded, "We should probably get something to eat..." he turned to Frank.

Frank nodded, "If you want I can run and get us all something."

Gerard smiled, "Yea. That would be nice."

Frank turned to me with questioning eyes, "Do you want something?"

I shrugged, "I really don't care."

He nodded, "I'll get you something."

I nodded. Frank started to stand up to leave when the doctor walked in. Frank sat back down and Gerard grabbed his hand. I stood up and walked to meet him.

The doctor pulled of his gloves and sighed before looking me in the eyes, "I'm so sorry..." He paused looking back at Frank and Gerard. He raised his voice so they could hear, "We did everything we could to save her... We had managed to get all the glass out, but by that time she had lost so much blood already..." he shook his head and put his hand on my shoulder, "Like I said, I'm so very sorry." he sighed, "I hate losing teenagers and children."

He sighed and turned to leave. I stood there watching him, dumbfounded. I couldn't believe it... The one girl that I had ever really cared about was gone. Gone forever. I would never get to touch her again. Just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I slowly sank to my knees and put my head in my hands. I was there for who knows how long before someone touching me brought me back to reality.

I looked up and Frank and Gerard were standing over me. They were both crying. I sighed and they helped me stand up. At that moment, I didn't care that Gerard wasn't a big fan of me, and we all hugged.
Sign up to rate and review this story