Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Twenty-One

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

One more chapter after this. I know you'll enjoy it. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-06-23 - Updated: 2010-06-23 - 755 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jacob's POV

As much as I wanted to be here, I knew that I shouldn't be... I knew that everyone else here would rather that I wasn't here. As far as they were concerned, I was the reason that Nikki had died. When in truth it was her father's fault, and he knew that as much as I did.

Since her death, him, Frank and I had made all the funeral plans. Gerard made sure that she was buried next to her mom and sister. I was all for it. I couldn't think of anywhere else to put her.

So, there I stood. Frank and Gerard standing on either side of me as we watched Nikki's casket lowered into the ground. I was completely enveloped in what was happening that when I felt a drop of rain on my shoulder I literally jumped. I looked around us and there were only a few other people here, because it had started raining.

As soon as the ceremony was over, Frank tapped me on the shoulder, "Jacob, were leaving."

I nodded, never taking my eyes off her grave site. I heard their car start up and leave, and as soon as I was sure that they were gone, I collapsed. I let my emotions overtake me. I couldn't keep in my crying any longer. All I could think about was being with her. I never wanted to leave this place. After a while, the rain really started to pick up. I looked up from her headstone and noticed that the sky had gotten a lot darker. I glanced at my watch. It was almost midnight. They would be closing the cemetery soon...

I sighed and walked to my car. I got in and before I drove home, I glanced back at her grave one more time.

---

"Jacob! Your finally back!" Leah screeched as I stepped out of my car. She ran over to me and threw her arms around my neck. I looked over her head, not at her.

"Jay-Jay... I'm down here." She grabbed my chin, with amazing force and forced me to look down at her. She smiled, "I missed you so much! I knew you would ditch that loser girl..." She pressed his lips to mine. I stood there. Doing nothing. I could feel the tears building as I kept thinking about how I was betraying Nikki...

Finally, she stopped kissing me. She let go of me and sighed, "Jacob, what is wrong with you?"

I shook my head and walked into the school. I was met with my 'friends' from the football team as soon as I entered. I sighed and tried to walk around them without being noticed. Unfortunately for me, they noticed me.

"Jay! We heard about you just ditching that chick. We didn't know you would do that." Zach smirked.

I sighed. I had had enough of this... I walked up to him and looked him dead in the face, "I didn't do that. I ran away with her because her father wrongly accused me of doing something to her. She wanted to get away, so we ran away. We were at a rest stop when her father was driving too fast and hit her."

Zach smirked, "Sure, sure..."

I felt my hands balling into fists...

"I heard you just left her somewhere after you... well, you know. I mean, you did it." Zack laughed. All the other guys around him laughed as well.

That was it. Before I knew what was happening, My fist was bouncing back off his face.

He started at me, startled, "Noah, man... Calm down..." He held his hand up to his nose to check for blood. It was bleeding... I hoped I broke it.

I took a deep breath and left the situation before anything else happened. When I was in my first class, I went to my seat and sat down. I put my head in my hands. I couldn't believe I had just done that. I had punched someone...

After only a few seconds, I felt someone touch my shoulder, making me jump. I looked up and sighed. It was one of the guys from the team; Matt.

He sighed and kneeled down beside me, "What was that about...?"

I shook my head, "He was talking trash about Nikki." I emphasized her name.

He nodded, "Was that story true?"

I nodded, "Unfortunately..."

He put his hand on my shoulder, "That girl must have been pretty special."

I nodded, "She sure was."
Sign up to rate and review this story