Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X-2 > Silver buckles and black belts

chapter 6

by lulusmage 0 reviews

chapter 6^^

Category: Final Fantasy X-2 - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Paine, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-04-28 - Updated: 2006-04-28 - 3082 words

0Unrated
I shall yet again remind you all that I disclaim everything that square enix owns.


I decided to update sooner than I usually do.


Chapter VI


The day had been a very long one for the sphere hunters and Wakka. Yes they had found the hidden cave, but unfortunately it was no ordinary cave. To be able to go inside you had to enter a password, which - from asking around the island - the sphere hunters found out that they had to find things called ciphers. They were secret codes which were scattered all over the island; therefore they had spent most of the day searching for them in the hot Besaid sun. Eventually they did find them and were able to pass through into the cave, and yes they found the sphere they wished for.


However from al the searching in the sun the gullwings were quite tired, well save from Rikku.


"So guys what cha suppose this sphere is? You think it's a cool new dressphere?" chirped Rikku.


Paine rolled her eyes at the thief; she had more important things on her mind, Lulu being the keyword for these. As a result of this she was walking faster than usual, she wanted to get back to the village before nightfall, and at this moment in time the sun was beginning to set and they were at the entrance to the beach.


"I don't know or really care what that sphere is Rikku", Paine groaned.
"Hmmm I can see that Paine, you're walking pretty fast, you wanna get back to your lover girl don't cha?" cheekily stated the Al Bhed as she ran in front of Paine and jumped on her heels.


Paine smirked at that comment, she's quite right, and little does she know that I liked that comment she didn't want to give away anything to Rikku, so she snapped out of it.


"Right it's hurt time!" she stated in monotone grabbing the hilt of her sword as she did.
"Oh I'm real scared!" mocked Rikku.


Yuna and Wakka watched all this from behind as they both conversed between one another.


"Guys, stop it please!" interjected Yuna.
"Ya, cut it out!" added Wakka.
"Shut up tubby", Rikku taunted sticking her tongue out at the islander.
"That's it, I'm on Paine's side now", he laughed as he chased Rikku, who in turn yelped and ran as fast as her legs could carry her.


After all the child play the group finally made it back to the village, Paine's stomach jolted as she felt sick with the butterflies that taunted her.


"Are you alright Paine?" asked a worried Yuna as she saw the nervous look in Paine's eyes.
"Yes I'm fine", the sphere hunter tried to look calm.
"You sure?" Yuna still questioned.
"Yeah", nodded Paine as she walked past a fighting Rikku and Wakka, currently he had her in a headlock and she was screaming playfully calling him tubby. Paine shook her head at their antics and smiled, she hadn't been happy like that in a long time, well that is up until now.


She found her way to the mage's door, from inside she could hear a gentle humming coming from a woman's mouth, she hesitated to enter. Nerves took over her; she didn't know what to say.


"Just go in, Lulu's not going to bite!" giggled Yuna from behind her.
"I know Yuna; it's just after what happened this morning...and now...." Paine turned to Yuna and sighed.


"Don't worry Paine, it'll be alright. I mean you should take a shot at it, because you never know when you won't be together", Yuna's tone changed to sadness as she looked up at the stars. Paine felt bad from reminding her of her ex-lover, Tidus.


"I'm sorry for reminding you"
"It's ok, you didn't really it's just I'll never forget because everything reminds me of him. But Paine you should go in there right now, and tell her how you feel before its too late", The gunner smiled to the warrior, and the warrior smiled back.


"You're right, thank you".
"It's alright".


Paine turned about to enter the hut, she didn't however as Yuna called out to her, "Paine, one more thing. If you're thinking of asking her to join us I'm with you one hundred percent. I'm sure the others will be too, and let's just say I can persuade Brother if you wish".


Paine smiled at this; she and Yuna had some close similarities, "Thanks Yuna". With that she entered Lulu's home.


Cinnamon, lavender and other exotic spices enveloped the hut, their scent was of lulu and it intoxicated Paine. Not that she didn't' mind, as she was captivated with the mage. Even simple mundane things about the mage sparked the fibres in Paine's being, if this was what it felt like to love somebody, she certainly didn't mind.


Apparently Lulu had not noticed her as she still sat on her bed, flicking through a black magic book, humming happily to herself. Paine just stood at the doorway silently admiring Lulu. The atmosphere stayed this way for a few moments that seemed to last for hours. Paine decided that it was time her presence was felt. Quietly she walked up behind the mage and placed her hands over Lulu's eyes, making her gasp in shock.


"Guess who?" playfully asked Paine. A smile made its way onto both of their lips as the mage turned around to face her lover.


"Do I really need to say?" Lulu spoke and winked at Paine.
"If you wish not to, then no", Paine sat near the woman and raised an eyebrow. Both women kissed tenderly before anything else was said, a minute or so later they broke away.


"We need to talk", spoke Paine.
"Yes we do, I've been waiting all day for this".
"Lulu I don't want to leave you".
"I realised that this morning", Lulu's eyes went to the ceiling, she didn't wan to replay the upset and hurt she had felt that morning.


"Lulu, I didn't actually think of a way that we could be together permanently but just before I came in here Yuna mentioned something. And it was something I had never even thought of doing it was so obvious", Paine smiled happily giving hope back to Lulu.


"Go on Paine, tell me what it is", Lulu's face was of happiness and excitement.
"Well", Paine paused as she gathered up the courage to ask what she wanted to the mage, "Lulu, come with us on the Celsius, become a gullwing, a sphere hunter, be with me".


Lulu was speechless she'd never had somebody that she loved in that way ask her such a serious question. Sure she'd been asked to be a guardian three times and one of those times was by Yuna. Even though being a guardian entailed the cost of your life, your summoner's or everything everyone has ever known, Lulu was never fazed by these questions. Each time she was asked these questions she answered with a certain and confident 'yes'. Now however was a different story.


It wasn't the fact that she had a history in Besaid which made her doubt leaving, no it wasn't that. It wasn't the fact of becoming a sphere hunter and changing her lifestyle completely, no that wasn't it. The reason was because of who was asking her such a question, Paine.


She'd never had such strong feelings for a person before, not even Chappu. The feelings he and she shared were strong, yes, but he had known her all of her life, Paine hadn't. But here she was, head over heels in love with her, a woman she had only just met the previous day. Her feelings were much more than she'd ever experienced, they were so intense, so 'real' that it scared her. It scared her that she loved someone like this and the fact that this someone loved her back just as much. It was the fact that she was able to love, and be loved, because for so long she had been an ice queen, she felt void emotion. Then comes along Paine and all that changed, she changed, and it was frightening because she'd changed so quickly. In the space of two days she'd opened up to Paine and let her in, she'd confided in her, shared feelings with her, kissed her and made love to her. Things which usually take years to happen, had happened so quick, and it was frightening.


Lulu felt nerves tingle her insides like tiny butterfly wings flapping in her stomach. She could tell that Paine was feeling anxious and wanted an answer from her, her eyes told it all. Lulu gulped, choking back her troubles, she wanted to give Paine her answer.


"Paine that's quite a serious thing to ask, are y-you sure y-you'd want me to come?" nerves showing in her voice Lulu double checked with the warrior, she didn't want Paine to make one of the biggest mistakes of her life.


"I'm positive Lulu. That is if you want to come", Paine confirmed what Lulu had secretly wished to hear, she really does want me to come! With that her nerves gave her another jolt; she knew that it was her turn to confirm her answer next.


"Well, y-you see Paine, it's not that I don't want t-to come, because I-I do. But it's just I'm quite overwhelmed by you a-asking me to do so. I've never felt this way for years", she finished with a smile on her lips.


"Felt which way?" Paine smirked sexual innuendo in her voice, she knew very well what Lulu was going to say next, and she loved it.


"In love", Lulu blushed and the women's lips met again lovingly.
"I understand completely. I had refused that I'd ever fall in love, but here I am, and yes I love you".


With those words uttered both women fell back on the bed, groping each other through their clothes. Paine moaned in Lulu's ear as the mage suckled on her collarbone, Paine rewarded her by rubbing her breasts through the fabric of her bodice. Lulu also moaned and met Paine's lips with her own; they shared a passionate and deep French kiss. Paine's hands reached the top of Lulu's bodice. Gently she stroked her cleavage and was about to pull the black mage's top down when Rikku, yet again burst through the door.


Paine jumped up from on top of Lulu as she sat bolt upright. The couple's faces were both deep red with blushing, and Lulu's purple lipstick was smudges across her cheek, both of their lips were swollen from kissing.


"I don't know what I'm gonna do with you two, you guys can't keep your hands off of each other!" Rikku stood on her tip-toes and shook her finger at the women.


"And I don't know what I'm going to do with you Rikku. You keep bursting in my hut and spoiling my fun!" Lulu mocked an impression of the thief with her voice and hand actions as she did this.


Rikku walked over to Lulu and playfully tapped her on the nose, "Maybe I don't wanna miss out on all the fun", and impishly she winked and walked back near the door. Lulu just sat, not really bothered by this and fixed her hair.


"Rikku what did you come here for?" Paine asked standing up from the bed, folding her arms across her chest.


"Oh erm Yunie is waiting for us outside, Brother is being impatient pain in the butt as usual, and he says we have to get back to the Celsius. He wants us to go hunt a sphere back in the Zanarkand ruins".


"I see", Paine spoke nodding at the same time; she wanted to break the news about Lulu, "Brother may have to wait a little while".


"But why?" Rikku asked puzzled.


Paine looked over toward the black mage who was busy putting her hair back in a bun properly; apparently it took quite a while to do so. She was staring in her mirror, not noticing the two sets of eyes upon her.


"I asked Lulu to join us!" Paine exclaimed quite excited herself. Lulu looked toward the pair as she heard her name being mentioned. She had little time to move or react in any way at all as Rikku came bounding at her, very excited at the prospect of her old friend joining them on their 'adventures'.


"Yeah Lulu! Oh my this is gonna be so much fun!" Rikku swung her arms around the mage's neck embracing her in a tight hug.


"Yes Rikku, can you let go of me now you're suffocating me", Lulu literally choked in the thief's vice like grip.


"You're gonna have to change you're outfit! I know I'll fix your hair first! How about black leather? Gloves? Nah, erm I don't know if you should still wear those necklaces, maybe just one. And shoes, shoes, black boots, like Yunie's!" Rikku spat her words out like a raging torrent as she circled Lulu in excitement. The thief's words and actions were so fast that all Lulu and Paine could do was stand and watch.


"Oh and you'll have to pack! I wouldn't pack too much though! How's about this?" she grabbed Lulu's suitcase from under the bed and quickly stuffed in a few spell books, underwear, make-up and her onion knight. Rikku looked at Lulu waiting for an answer.


"Thank you for trying to help, but I think I should pack my own bag", smiled Lulu.
"Ok if you insist, but you'll have to be quick, we're leaving in five minutes. Come on Paine lets go tell Yunie the great news!" Rikku grabbed Paine's arm and before you know it was at the door, Paine only had enough time to mouth an 'I'm sorry' before being tugged outside.


Lulu hastily grabbed a few things which were important to her; she knew she wouldn't need much. She packed her spell books, her onion knight and a few other magical dolls, her make -up and a few necessities. She packed a sphere which was recorded just after they'd beat Sin; it was of the speech Yuna made in Luca stadium. Lulu wasn't too fond of it as Yuna was so sad because she'd just lost 'him'. There however was another sphere she had, with it a letter, this sphere Lulu was very attached too. It was of Chappu, before he went to battle Sin; he apologised to her for his actions and told her he loved her. She spent many a night since his death watching it, crying over it, that and the letter confirming his death. Now however she did not feel sadness looking at it, and she now knew she was free. She knew she'd gotten over him, but now, she could finally let go, for good.


She threw it out of the window and ripped the letter up also letting it go out the window. The sphere rolled down the grassy bank behind her hut, but the pieces of her letter were carried by the wind. She knew that wherever he was he would understand, she smiled and left her abode.


Rikku, Yuna and Paine stood in a circle near the centre of the village, Wakka and Datto with them. A few villagers came to watch the sphere hunters go, they did not however expect the Island's black mage to be leaving with them.


"Lulu!" Rikku called the mage over throwing her hands in the air, Lulu walked toward the group.


"So, you've decided to join us?" Yuna softly spoke with a genuinely friendly smile on her face.
"Yes", nodded Lulu, her left hand holding her suitcase and her right finding Paine's hand.
"Are you positively sure you to come?" Paine asked.
"I am".
"Good then because we're off in like a minute. Say your goodbyes Lu!" Rikku said giggling.


She looked toward Wakka her life long friend, her best friend. Caught up in all this she never thought of him, and she felt guilty. Even though she knew he had Datto and the Aurochs, she still felt bad leaving him. They'd practically always been by each other's side so she couldn't help but let a small tear roll down her cheek. He saw this and smiled at her.


"Come here you silly woman", he joked and laughed at the same time as Lulu wrapped her arms around his big muscular shoulders.


"I'll miss you", she softly spoke.
"I'm gonna miss you too, ya".


She smiled against his shoulder, "Yes, ya", she mocked his accent.
"Don't be gettin all cocky Lu, I can still scrub ya!" he laughed reminding her of when they used to play fight as children.


"I know, but you wouldn't do that, you're just a big softy", she said breaking away from him.
"Ya, I suppose", he spoke smiling. Lulu let another tear roll down her cheek, Wakka wiped it away with his thumb.


"Hey don't go cryin on me, it's not like we're never gonna see each other again".
"Yeah I know Wakka", she smiled at her 'big brother'.
"You go and have a good time, but be sure to visit, ya".
"I will do", spoke Lulu leaving his side and returning to Paine, "You take care".
"I will Lu, don't worry bout me! But you take care of Paine, ya hear, or you'll have me to answer to", he said laughing. Paine nodded to the blitzer in a silent response.

Lulu again let her hand be enveloped in Paine's, her other held the suitcase. She took one last look at her hometown and silently said goodbye.

"You guys ready?" asked Rikku quite bubbly as per usual.
"Ready as we'll ever be", Paine spoke in her monotone voice.
"Ok then! Yunie!"


Yuna nodded to Rikku.

"Y", she spoke putting her hand in the middle of the circle.
"R", Rikku said putting her hand on top of Yuna's and nudging Lulu to continue.
"L", Lulu put her hand on top of Rikku's leaving go of Paine's.
"P", Lastly Paine put her hand atop of them all. With that a beam of light engulfed them and they were beamed aboard the Celsius.


Ohhhh Lulu's joined the gullwings, ohhh interesting. What's going to happen next? And how is Brother going to react? Hmmm you're going to have to find out next time :P.
Sign up to rate and review this story