Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > I Miss You Jared Leto

'What about Melody?'

by jlyEchelonMCRmy 2 reviews

It's all too much for Jared and he can't take it any more but can his brother keep him sane?

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-07-09 - Updated: 2010-08-08 - 573 words - Complete

0Unrated
At first the tablets seemed to help as Jared was talking more and he had at least eaten one meal. There were fewer pictures scattered in his room as he tried to move on. Shannon had started to trust Jared to look after himself again, even when he started staying in his room again.
One morning as Shannon was in the bathroom getting ready for a new day, he found Jared's pills, the bottle was much fuller than it should have been.
'Jared,' said Shannon as he walked towards his brother's room. 'Have you been taking your tablets?'
'What?' asked the younger brother, although it was clear he had heard.
'J, they were helping you why did you stop?' Shannon was worried that there was some deeper meaning to this than mere forgetfulness.
'Sorry. I'll take them again, I promise,' although he sounded convincing and there was more emotion in his voice than normal, Shannon wasn't sure if he could believe Jared, but he had to try to trust him.
'Thank you,' said Shannon, leaving the bottle on the side next to Jared. 'I'm just gonna go to the shop, we haven't got anything for dinner. Don't do anything stupid.'
All the way to the shop's Shannon was doubting his actions; should he have been harder on his brother, or stood there and made sure he took his pill for the day? But it was too late for that.
He arrived home to find the phone ringing. Not finding it suspicious that Jared hadn't answered, he picked it up.
'Hello?... Yes... Really?... Brilliant, thanks. We'll come down now. Bye.' he hung up again and ran up the stairs two at a time. If anything could cheer Jared up it was the news Shannon had just received.
'Jared!' he called as he approached the bedroom, 'J?' Slowly, he pushed the door open. 'S**t, Jared? What have you done?'
Jared was lying on the floor in the middle of his room, he smelt of sick.
'Jared, come on, talk to me!' said Shannon, sitting on the floor and pulling Jared up on to his lap.
'You were the one who wanted me to start taking the tablets again. So I did.'
That was when Shannon noticed the empty pill bottle on the floor next to them.
'Jared, you didn't! Please tell me you didn't take all of them?' Shannon didn't know what to do. Part of him wanted to scream at his little brother, tell him how incredibly stupid he had been. The rest of him wanted to comfort Jared.
The latter half won.
'But J, what about Melody?'
'What about her? She's been in hospital for over a week now. Nothing's gonna happen,' Jared's voice was raspy and breathless.
'I just got a call from the hospital. She fine Jared. We've got to go and pick her up. You've got to be ok,' Shannon was finding it hard to talk now, due to the lump that was forming in his throat.
'Look after her Shan, look after her.'
As his eye lids dropped shut a single tear fell from his left eye. His brother wiped it away as Jared fell limp.
'Jared?' said Shannon softly. When he got no reply he broke down. 'Jared,' he sobbed cradling his dead brother in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story