Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Melodia Who

Chapter 6: The Order of Preparations

by MelodiaSnape 0 reviews

As their relationships blossoms, Melodia and Severus help Dumbledore prepare to meet the rest of the Order and begin plans for the final battle

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Snape, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-04-29 - Updated: 2006-04-29 - 2215 words

1Moving
Chapter 6: The Order of Preparations


Melodia awoke with the memory of her lover's touch lingering in her mind. She smiled secretly to herself and opened her eyes. Staring down at her, was Severus. He leaned down and kissed her lips gently.

She smiled again, as he stroked her face lovingly and said, "Good morning, Love." He was fully dressed in his usual black suit and robe.

"Good morning," she replied then asked, "What are you doing?"

He laughed softly and answered. "I'm watching you sleep, of course. You are truly beautiful you know."

Lost in the intensity of his dark eyes she realized that he was obviously freshly showered. He smelled so good! She thought. In an act of sudden modesty, Melodia pulled the covers up to conceal her naked body feeling completely vulnerable under his gaze.

"Don't do that, Darling," he soothed gently into her ear. "I want to see you."

Her face flushed and she found her voice to reply,
"You do?" He leaned down to kiss her again, this time more passionately, and in slid his left arm under her back as he stretched out on the bed beside her. His right hand caressed her breast and neck. She responded to his advance by taking his face in her hands and kissing him sweetly on his lips, then wrapping her arms around his neck. The earlier feelings of modesty faded, as the covers fell and she clung to her lover in desperation.

"Yes, I do, Love," he breathed, as he nuzzled the soft flesh below her ear. She could tell he was aroused again, and to her surprise, so was she. "Does this bother you?" he asked as he touched his clothing.

"In a way", she replied sheepishly, "I'd love to see you too, I mean, last night I..." her voice trailed off.

He smiled wryly and finished her thought for her, "didn't see much?" Slightly embarrassed again, she nodded. "I see," he answered mischievously, and began to unbutton his robe, very slowly.

"Let me," she heard herself say, as she relieved him of this duty.

Her fingers found every button, and then she delicately pushed his robe and shirt from his shoulders. His smooth pale skin was intoxicating! She explored his torso, then his shoulders, finding sparsely placed hairs, artfully adorning his broad chest, and deep scars from the wounds he had suffered a few nights before. She kissed them tenderly.

"Loddie, I love you", he whispered, as he became aware that she had found the front of his trousers, and began to free his love from the clothing constraints.

"My darling Severus," she breathed heavily. He shuttered with delight as she touched him and began to kiss her again.

Passion consumed them and they made love again in the morning light. They indulged themselves with each other until at last, both immense satisfaction and exhaustion overtook them and they slept again in each other's arms, as they had the night before.

For the next several days, Melodia and Severus spent their time caring for Dumbledore, and preparing for the arrival of the other Order members. Melodia had taken great pains to make sure the house was stocked with food, first aid supplies and equipment. She had also taken direction from Severus in gathering the ingredients that were necessary to brew more potion for Dumbledore, as well as those items required for Lupin's potion, and a few other remedies that could well be needed before all of this was said and done.

Severus and Melodia had also dedicated themselves to cementing their relationship. She had even convinced him to go riding with her, or at least she thought she had. He was not the animal lover that she was, and had no desire to sit astride a horse, so he was contented to sit under the great oak, and watch her exercise Black Diamond, laughing at her candor and marveling at her grace and skill.

They had also argued about her helping The Order. She was very obstinate, and he was typically Snape. Needless to say, the encounters ended with an "agree to disagree" status.

Most of their days and nights were spent talking, laughing and making love. She told him about her education and accomplishments as a sorceress, and he listened with obvious pride for his Loddie. He opened up to her about his past, little by little. It was the most difficult thing he had ever done. To his amazement, he found her receptive and non-judgmental of the nastiness of what he divulged to her.

It was a bittersweet time; yet, they both agreed it was the happiest either of them had ever been.

The two of them decided to make the most of the next several days, until the other Order members arrived. They knew that things would change rapidly within the next few weeks, and it was worrisome not knowing how the end would come, or just who out of their midst would still be standing.

It had been over two weeks since this nightmare had begun. Dumbledore seemed to be gaining both the physical strength and mental resolve to begin the assault on Voldermort and his band of Death Eaters. He presided over numerous meetings with the usually absent members of The Order, who were now regular houseguests.
The Weasleys were expected to arrive with Hermione Granger in a few days, after they had been apprised of the situation, it would be time to bring Harry Potter in. He needed to be aware of what had been happening, and the plan, which deceived him, and others into believing that his Potions master had killed his mentor.

Dumbledore wanted to wait until he was in better health and more himself so that he could be the one to do this. He had already formulated a plan to bring Harry here, and Melodia would be his instrument of choice for this task. It was a matter that he had not discussed with her to this point, but given her desire to contribute significantly for the Order, he felt comfortable with her ability to handle this task.

The only possible obstacle in his plan was Severus. He and Melodia had been at odds about her direct involvement consistently for days. He realized that they had gotten closer and was happy for them, but Severus was from the old school, and knowing Melodia as such a free spirit, Dumbledore expected, there would be more fireworks ahead between them if their relationship had progressed the way he suspected it had.

"My precious niece! How wonderful to see you!" Dumbledore exclaimed as Melodia entered the study.
"Hello Uncle," kissing him on the forehead. "It is encouraging to see you up and about."

He smiled and confessed, "I must say, it is quite a welcome relief for me as well."

"What is that you're doing?" she asked. There were stacks of parchment in front of him, which he was leafing through, with the use of his wand.

"I have gone over all of the information the Order has gathered on Voldermort and his followers, and made record of the happenings over the past 6 years, both in and outside of Hogwarts. It seems that there are loose ends to be attended to," he paused for a moment and eyed his niece as if waiting for a sign of understanding. Melodia nodded obediently. "Many of these loose ends are directly linked to Harry Potter; therefore, I have decided that you, Melodia, will both find and escort Harry here."

"I see, then where should I begin looking? Hogwarts?" she asked.

Dumbledore shook his head, then said "No. I can see, however, why you believe that to be the logical place to start, but I am not completely certain of that " He appeared to be pondering his next thought, then said, "I will need some time to consider our best course of action." He resumed his study of the parchment momentarily, then spoke again, "I will call for you again soon, Melodia. At that time, I will have more detailed direction for you." She nodded in agreement. Just as she was about to leave the room, Dumbledore surprised her.

"Until then, I assume you have some other matters to attend to?" Her eyes opened wide in astonishment. Dumbledore smiled before breaking the uncomfortable silence, " As your elder, I feel I need to speak out, my dear." She listened intently wondering where this conversation was going.

"If you and Severus have become as close as I believe you have, it is time you answered his questions." His eyes sparkled, and his smile transformed to a good-natured yet serious expression.

Melodia was startled by this confession of knowledge, "How would you know about that?"

Dumbledore widened his eyes a bit, "What makes you believe I wouldn't know?" He paused for another moment then continued, "I am aware of quite a lot, my dear. Severus and I do communicate, you know."

Great. She thought, and could not help wondering what other little tidbits Severus has communicated to her uncle. Dumbledore noticed her pained expression and he knew that she was struggling with something.

He looked at her warmly, "Melodia, you are my only niece and I love you very much. My only wish for you is your happiness. I fear; however, that you put your future with Severus in jeopardy by keeping secrets from him."
Again she was stricken dumfounded. Tears formed in her large brown eyes, as she thought of the anger and hurt she would see on her lover's face once he knew.

"Please Uncle," she pleaded, "don't make me feel bad about this. I can't open this can of worms now. I just can't!" He hasn't even mentioned my absence from Hogwarts since the morning after you came around from your sleep. Why should I go and dredge it all up again now? I see no reason to bring it up anymore, unless he does."

Dumbledore leaned back into his chair and eyed her cautiously for a moment before he spoke again, "I think you should know him well enough to expect him to do just that."

She started to tremble with a mixture of anger and dread, "Not unless someone pushes him into it!" she spat in a bitter tone.

It was Dumbldore's turn to look pained. "If you are implying that I have instructed him to ask you again, you could not be more mistaken. In fact, Severus has asked me for the answers, on several occasions. He said he didn't want to push you because he believed he had upset you once before." Melodia sniffled a little through tear stained eyes, and bowed her head as her uncle continued, "He loves you, dear. Much more than you know, and far deeper than I ever suspected he could love anyone. He strongly believes that you are his priority. Especially now that you are getting closer."

Dumbledore reached across the desk and touched her hand gently, and added. "He will ask you again; not because I've told him that he should, but because he realizes that I have given him all of the answers he requires of me; you however, have not."

In her heart, she knew that her uncle was right. Panic set in and her mind raced, 'What will I say if he asks again?' she asked her self 'I can't keep ducking his questions, he will get angry with me.'

Gradually, she lifted her face to meet his.

He was reminded of the young girl he had to send away so many years ago. The precious young girl that sat across from him now, just as she had in his office that day, feeling ashamed of her situation, waging an internal war with herself about how she should handle it.

"Uncle, I can't..I just..can't". She was trembling visibly now. Soft sobs escaped her, and she couldn't control them.

Dumbledore could stand it no longer, he made his way around the table and put his aging arms around her shoulders comfortingly. "It is difficult for you I am sure, but you must be honest." Dumbledore moved to face her. "Don't you think that he is entitled to know the circumstances that have kept the two of you apart for all of these years?" She continued to sniffle and sob slightly, so he continued, "Yes. I am confident that you will do the right thing, my dear, you always have." Albus touched her arm gently, and said. "Good night my dear. I will see you in the morning, I trust?"

Melodia smiled at her fragile uncle, "Good night Uncle." she managed. He winked at her and gave her short wave as she left the study.


As she lie in bed that night, her mind raced with what she should do about telling Severus the awful truth. Dumbledore was right, of course, he should be told the truth. It was in the past, she tried to convince herself. Perhaps he would understand and not hate her or be ashamed of her. Then again, perhaps he would not. She began to sob softly again imagining the best of scenarios, but also fearing the worst. At last she fell asleep and the bad dreams began...again.
Sign up to rate and review this story