Rated for language. Rita gets to writin', Dumbledore looks stupid, Draco makes threats, Voldy is upset, Harry gets his ass kicked, Dobby gets promoted Hermione kisses some boo boos, Harry talks to...
- Good part. You've got a nice evil Dumbles working here. Just hope his end is painful.
Author's responseI'm building him up. He's always been a quiet evil, but with his cover blown, as it were, he's losing his control. It'll continue until Harry takes him down.
His ending will be far more than merely painful. For someone like Dumbledore, it will be utterly humiliating!
- "One has to ask what kind of morals is Potter teaching this poor bird that she would be cavorting with such clearly unsavory types?" Bwahahahahahaha! This is the most ridiculous comment ever from dear Rita :-D
Oh! And I didn't realize that Rita was unable to write Hedwig's name correctly, or even the same twice in the same paper :-)
This was the funniest article from Rita. Ever! Thanks :-D
Ooh! I so want to kill Severus RIGHT NOW!
I hope to read more soon!
Author's responseMost ridiculous: Really? I kind of liked 'Feathery Paramours' myself. It's so obvious that these birds are shaking down others for loose earthworms and the like.
Hedwig's name: Details, details. Who bothers with them? (Snicker!)
Article: Thank you. Once I got into her character, it was easy to write. She definitely has a case of verbal (verbose?) Diarrhea.
Kill Sevvy: Most everybody does. Don't worry though. When the time comes, his punishment will be both agonizing and humiliating.
More is coming. Thanks for reading.
- Good to see Arthur has some balls with Molly(not in his usual way). Now Rita should be able to unsettle Bumbles and hopefully Snape also. hope the Malfoys get there comeuppance soon. Another good chapter. Cheers.
Author's responseThe scene between Arthur and Molly was very had to write, given his canon personality. He's much too laid back to use the magic in their bond to control her, but he knows it's there. He's also got a steel that comes out far too rarely. My version is a logical extension of canon, so while he hated the idea of forcing her to comply, he could.
Since Rita is in Harry's pocket, she'll write what Harry wants. Unless Harry has an assignment for her, her articles will just be sniping, and since Dumbley can't find her, and has no cash to take out a contract on her or the like, he's pretty much buggered.
Snape and the Malfoys: I'm going to keep the torment light for the time being. Draco's already had a deep humiliation, and with Daddy on the lam, he hasn't got the clout to support himself, so the students are going to 'remind' him of that humiliation for the foreseeable future. Snape is the type to take his humiliation out on the students. But that will only last until McGonagall gets involved.
Don't worry, at the end, when the Malfoys get theirs, it will be permanent. Snape's 'reward' will be worse.
- I'm wondering who will be the first victim of the 4 Scond De attack as they will still carry out their attacks first with Wizards given their not so clear victory against that muggle Murderer!
Also I don't know if I got it clear but Hermione is to be Harry's only love interest? Or are there more GF/Wives in the future?
Finally will we be seeing more skirmishes between the Jedi/Harry/etc and the DE's soon?
Author's responseHeya Dennisud, good to see ya.
First victim: I've already identified the first victim. The attack will be carried out next chapter. How it ends???
Muggle Murderer: They underestimated the muggle, something most wizards are guilty of, and paid for their mistake. I decided to use Voldy's propensity for violence, to actually do some good. You've probably noticed, every time he sends out a crew, they come back a few less.
H/Hr: In this story, I'm keeping it as H/Hr, but there are a couple potential possibilities. "Always in motion, is the future ."
Skirmishes: Yes, but only a couple. the idea is to keep Harry&Co's abilities under wraps. The force will tell Harry where he's needed.
- Many thanks for the latest chapter! It seems as though Harry's plans are working well (crossing fingers), though Voldy, at least has started adjusting to the current situation. I hope that his assasination squad doesn't succeed! It's ironic that their first effort actually took out a serial killer and cost a few troops! If Voldy and the DE's knew that they'd have fits..... snicker Rita's article was well done, and I loved Dumbles tantrum! The house elves might need to set up a special cleaning supply closet just for him. I like seeing how much they are enjoying themselves. I'm glad that Dobby has the memory and gave it to Harry; Hermione and his primaries would love seeing it. Mackenzie has certainly started getting the troops into shape, and I wonder if he's also given said troops a few thoughts about their own parents.....ie as in what hidden talents and skills they might have never mentioned. Is Snape going to have an "unfortunate accident" soon? The rapist scum should meet up with an unpleasant fate, whether it's via lightsaber or something nastier! Pity he can't have a close encounter with dementor before they leave, and Scrimgeour should meet them too! Awwwwww.......Voldy's addicted to his headache potion. Well Dumbles did say that Harry could use love against Voldy, and sex is one way of expressing it (chuckle) What are the odds that Draco might find out about that little problem and say something in the hearing of Harry's allies? It would be embarrassing for Harry and Hermione but it might inspire them to be even more creative; I'm sure they haven't gotten through Harry's birthday books, etc yet! I also enjoyed seeing Vernon getting the word from Joshuah; but just how stupid is the idiot? He's seen what his nephew's lawyer is like and he thinks that he'll be able to go back to the old days? Didn't it occur to him that Dumbles can't make this go away as he did in the past? He'd better start seeing the realities of the situation soon. Then again, by the time Harry's finished with him he might think a jail cell is heaven! I loved that scene with Cho and Draco; and it should scare Voldy too! His tactics have worked in Britain so far, but he'd have less success with warned opponents. If Cho's family has alliences with other families/groups Harry and Amelia could gain some more official and unofficial allies. Who knows, perhaps a certain Dr. FuManchu does exist; and whether he was magical or not he'd outclass Voldy big time! The scene with Arthur and Molly was good, and I always enjoy seeing Arthur settle matters with Molly. I'm suprised though that Dumbles hasen't said anything to them about the kids yet. Or is it just that he hasn't gotten around to it yet with all the other shocks? Pity Poppy had to burn that copy of the Prophet, but I suppose she had to follow the Hippocratic Oath.........
Author's responseHi, Teresa.
Yeah, Harry is keeping a step ahead, for now. It's what happens when you have competent advisers and listen to them...something neither Dumbledore nor Voldemort do.
Much of Harry's plans have been formed and firmed already, but unlike his opponents, he's flexible.
We shall see the unfortunate result of his in-and-out squad, next chapter.
He'll never know. He sees the muggles as barnyard stock, nothing more. Even Dumbley will see the death of the murderer, as a sidenote.
Rita's story: Yep. Pride goeth just before your ass hits the ground! She pretty much slammed everybody but Dumbley got the most damaging hits, and as you expected, he didn't take it too well.
The House-elves. I was working on this scene,and wondering how I'd have Dumbledore react to his three time humiliation, when Dobby poked me on the arm and said: "Dobby has a idea for you. The house-elfs at Hoggywarts is telling Dobby that they is not having much to do, and they is needing more work. Headmaster Professor Albus Dumbleydore is needing a lesson about being naughty, but Headmaster Professor Albus Dumbleydore is not going to be liking it, so Dobby was thinking, why not have Headmaster Professor Albus Dumbleydore make a big mess so the house-elfs at Hoggywarts is having something to do?"
I said, OK, and he popped away.
For the meantime, he'll be mourning the loss of a hundred years worth of plans and the like, but this is not the end of Dumbledore's temper.
While the few parents there will be available to the students, for the most part, they are refugees. Harry hasn't isolated them, but he's kept them separate, both for thier own safety and for the student's focus.
If they want to help out, he'll be glad for their expertise, but for the most part, they'll be in the background. On the other hand, should Harry or his lieutenants see any potential force users, he would definitely have a word with their parents.
Snape: I detest Snape with a passion. His canon character is far too much like one aspect of my father's. (Unfortunately the other sides are very much like Dumbledore and Vernon.) His 'reward' as it were, will come at the end, and no, I didn't want to send the dementors off with a bellyache. 'Little accidents' on the other hand, are a different thing entirely.
Scumgouger: I detest him too. He's a bully and a coward, and the only reason I had hm in this at all is because he was mentioned in canon before Book sux. He's also going to get it in the end, but he, like Dumbledore will do all the work.
Memories: You betcha!
Voldy's addiction: Not quite yet, but it will be coming...with all the side effects. K'know, paranoia, spurts of rage, irrational actions...oh waitaminute! This is Voldemort. Ummm...nemmind.
Draco: While a good idea, Draco is first, in school, and second, he's not all that important to Voldy. Any audience with him will be formal,(such as his impending assignment) so he's not likely to see Ol' snake-lips in less than a perfect light.
Vernon: Mr Grunning has let him know in no uncertain terms, that he's now at the bottom of the scrotum pole, but as I said before, Vernon is not the sharpest tack in the box.
~but just how stupid is the idiot?~
By asking that question, you've given the answer.
Old habits and all that. Until it's driven forcibly through his skull, he will always think he's Harry's superior. He'll try to hedge, but that's what I have Carolyn for. She has all the power over him, and he hasn't even been to court yet.
~Didn't it occur to him that Dumbles can't make this go away as he did in the past? ~
Nope. That would involve thinking. Vernon is a bully and bullies rarely think about consequences.
Dumbledore: Harry is going to do something far worse than a cell. By the time they face off, it'll be too late for the old man.
Cho: Cho cannot possibly be related to every other Chang on Earth. It was a bluff, but because of the way she delivered it, it's a bluff that Draco takes seriously. Since he does, so will his father.
Even Voldy cannot ignore the idea of thirty thousand people out for his blood.
While another great idea, just now, Voldy and crew are a local problem. The Queen has the ear of several other governmental leaders throughout the world in case there is a disaster, but I don't want this to turn into a Muggle/Wizard war.
Neither FuManchu nor Lao Chang will be making an appearance. I agree FuManchu would outclass Voldemort, but I'm of the belief that 'Ming the Merciless' would outclass him.
Thanks for the kudo's. I needed a way to let Molly know, but make her accept it. Arthur was the only one who could do that. He loves Molly dearly, but has to impress upon her that he as 'master of the house' has given permission. I hated to use the compulsion, but Molly is all kinds of stubborn.
Dumbledore hasn't told them, because he hates paperwork. That sort of administrative duty would fall to Minerva!
Poppy: "First, I shall cause no further harm..."
- this chapter was a lot of fun. the trials that dumbledore has been going through have been a blast to read. looking forward to more soon.
never met your friend, but then i was in combat systems 8 when i was aboard conny, so its doubtful i woulda known him if i was on board at the same time.
Glad you're having fun, and Dumbledore is only getting what he has earned. Karma, man!
Combat 8, huh? If I'm not mistaken it was on the second deck forward of the forward mess deck. 'Course, since I was in Crash&Salvage at the time, I pretty much stayed on the deck.
- Alorkin, for some reason every time I use the review box it squashes everything together, I don't know why. I'll keep fiddling with it, but it must be some interaction between my laptop and the site......sighs. Take it easy now! :)
Author's responseDon't sweat it. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the suckiest, this little problem is a two.
- I love it that Voldie actually did a couple favors for the muggle world and never knew it. I suspect he's going to find that catching Amelia by surprise may be more difficult than he believes (I suspect Harry or one of his people is going to be strong in that function of the Force - I can just see Harry appearing, taking out the strike team with his lightsaber, and then disapperaing as the carnage gets portkeyed back to Tommy-boy.
I have to say that neither Albus nor Vernon is having a good time (be interesting to see who was feeling the effects more) and that's not going to improve anytime soon. On the other hand, Rita's having a very mixed time and I suspect she's shocked to find the Minister and Harry double-teaming her like that; I doubt ehe's ever really been challenged that way before. I quite loved ALbus' reactions as more and more slips out of his control; the bit where he finds that he's got an "authentic fake" sword as a delightful touch.
Methinks that Cho, while she'll never be part of Harry's team, will certainly be on the side of the Light and I can see her, and her extended family joining in when Harry and crew decide to take down the barriers of bigotry that beset British wizarding society. I wonder if a certain Dr. Lao is part of her extedned family? His coming to visit could bring quite the spot of chaos to Britain and that would promote growth whild demolishing the old prejudices.
Author's responseHeya Cat!
I agree. People like our unnamed murderer(and likely rapist as well, given his target) should be eliminated as quickly as possible. I disagree with the stance that executing them is a crime in itself. Heinlein once said: "To be a punishment, it must be both cruel and unusual." (Starship Troopers)
While a wonderful idea, and not at all unlike the assassin squad's tactics, The lightsabers have got to be kept as quiet as possible, until it's too late. Also, I need to -dissuade- Voldemort from using this method again.
I've already set the stage for the attack on Amelia, in chapter 8. If you re-read it, you'll see exactly what I'm going to do.
Albus/Vernon: You're right. Their days and nights are filled with woe,(Right now, it's a toss-up.) and that ain't gonna change.
Rita: She underestimated Harry and got caught. I wonder how much of her 'reporting' Dumbledore knew about and allowed. I'd suspect all of it. If the wards around the school told him about the people there, he'd -have- to know about all the animagi in school. His Deputy was a cat! Even the Marauder's Map could identify people under polyjuice, and as animagi. So why couldn't Dumbley?
The sword: Thank yeeewww! I laughed so hard writing that, I had to do it over three or four times, 'cause I made so many spelling errors!
Cho: The primary reason I kept her out of the group, was the potential for conflict between her and Hermione. I also feel it was necessary to keep some of the canon characters in the school, to help out as needed. As Cho is the Head Girl, She'd answer directly to Minerva. I also see her as having a strong mind and a dedication to what's right. Dumbledore thought his giving her the position would make her his puppet. He was wrong.
As I told Teresa, It was a very believable bluff. Cho being related to all the Chang's in the world, is ludicrous, but Voldemort doesn't know that.
Neither FuManch nor Dr Lao Chang will be making an appearance.
On the other hand, maybe I can have Harry studying under Chang in another fic. After all, Chaos is a -good- thing!
The bigotry will be mostly discredited by the end of the story. There will always be those die-hards, but for the most part...
Until next week.