Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believers Never Die...Well Maybe Sometimes

Ch 7-"James?!"

by chandlerbing6 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-08-12 - Updated: 2010-08-12 - 2505 words

0Unrated
Ok, thanks so much for the reviews guys! A few people wanted to know more about the James/Jenna relationship so that's what this chapter is gonna cover. Have fun X



"Well, that was amazing. You were right, sushi is the best type of food in the world." Jenna moaned as she finished off her Unagi. Yes, it's sounds disgusting but it tastes beautiful...seriously! Jenna smiled at Patrick from across the table. "Thanks for showing me this place. It's so quirky and vintage. Just my style!" she giggled again, slightly embarassed by what she had said and slightly tipsy from the three mojitos she had polished off.

"Hey, I don't take just any girl to this place you know! We found this place on our first tour. Me and Pete that is. We were exploring, as you do, and we stumbled upon it. I come here every time I'm in New York now. It's a calm place. Plus, I don't get recognised much, which is a huge bonus!" Patrick laughed as he gazed at Jenna. She had really let her hair down tonight and he was happy that she felt comfortable enough around him to do that.

"I'm so embarassed! I can't believe that I didn't know you guys at all. YOU'RE HUGE! And I had no idea who you were. Clearly journalism is NOT my true calling." she chuckled nervously. She really couldn't believe that she didn't know Patrick's band. They were so famous, that much she had found out in their interview, and she was none the wiser. It was her job to know everything that was going on in the world of celebrities and yet all through the interview she had sat looking awestruck and shocked by the awards they had one, albums they had released, shows they'd done etc! Thank God they hadn't made her feel worse about it. They really were nice guys...and girls!

"Don't be. It's refreshing to meet someone who doesn't know us! Sorry, that sounded big headed... but it's true. It's really difficult for any of us to have girlfriends who like us for who we are and aren't just after the fame. The guys all met their girls before the band started so they know they can trust them implicitly. I didn't meet anyone who I had any sort of effinity with at that age so I have to be really careful now...IIIIIIIII think I'm gonna stop talking now...Yeah" Patrick cringed at how he had just poured his heart out to this girl he hardly knew. She probably thought he was an idiot now!

"No, I know what you mean. You think it would be easier to not get involved than to do so only to get hurt. I'm the same...now." Jenna pasted a ghost of a smile on her face at Patrick's questioning look and moved on quickly. "Well, I think we should head off. It's getting late and I need to type up your awesome interview!"

"Yeah...OK." Patrick warily dragged his eyes away from the girl in front of him, sure that there was something she wasn't telling him but not wanting to pry, and caught the eye of the waitress to mouth for the bill. She came over with it quickly and Patrick reached in his pocket for his wallet.

"How much is it?" Jenna inquired as she reached he left hand out for the reciept. Patrick had other ideas. He placed his hand over her wrist and pushed it back.

"No. I'm getting this. I invited you here so I'll cover the bill." There was no way Patrick was going to let her pay. He was just supremely happy that she had agreed to go out with him!

"Oh, come on! I ate just as much as you, probably more. We should at least half it." Jenna was really suprised he was going to cover the bill himself, willingly. That was rare in a guy these days.
'You really like him don't you?' Jenna asked herself, knowing the answer full well.

"Seriously, I want to. How 'bout you get the next one?" Patrick asked, not aware that he had just assumed they would have a second date.

"Oh, so we're going out again are we?" Jenna asked with a sly grin on her lips. She giggled as the look of realisation passed over his features. Before he could say anything else, she added, "Sounds perfect."

Patrick hadn't realised what he had said until Jenna had spoken. He was all ready to apologise and beg her to forgive him for being so prosumptios but she had cut him short when she said it sounded good. 'Just smile and get your wallet. Don't push it!' he thought as he looked for his money. And looked again. And again. Once more. 'SHIT!' he thought as he looked Jenna in the eye. She was staring at him quizically, clearly waiting on an explanation as to what was taking so long. "Erm...Oh God this is so...Look, I'm really sorry but...we just got here today and...Well,...I've not got any money. I'm SO sorry!" Patrick shyed away from her penetrating gaze. She obviously thought he had planned it like this from the beginnning. He really hadn't, he just hadn't thought to stop at an ATM. What with all the ankle twisting, interviewing and kissing that had gone on today.

'Of course! I knew there was something wrong with this boy. Well, maybe it was just a mistake. Still, maybe that second date won't happen as quickly as I once invisioned.' Jenna grumbled to herself as she fished out her purse. "Don't worry. I've got it." she smiled as she put down the correct money, (no tip for the slaggy waitress) grabbed her coat and purse and started outside, with Patrick in tow. She stepped outside and breathed in the night air. Sure, she hated New York in the daytime but at night...Well, it really was the city that never sleeps. She looked to her left and saw that Patrick was peeking at her from beneath his cap. She realised that he hadn't PLANNED to forget his wallet and he really was sorry. She reached her hand across the gap between them and held his right one tightly, silently telling him that she knew it was a mistake. He perked up instantly and beamed at her. "Walk me home?" she asked. He nodded silently and they made their way to her apartment.

It was a relatively quiet walk, but it didn't feel awkward. The exact opposite of it actually. Jenna had both her arms wound round Patrick's right one and she was resting her head on his shoulder. Maybe not the most comfortable position, but she wanted to be close to him. Plus, the way he was leaning into her and the occasional chaste kiss that was being placed gently a top her head made the necks spasms worth it! "This is me." she tried to hide her disappointment, as she untangled herself from his arm, but failed epicaly. Her only consolation was that Patrick looked just as dejected. Sure, his mouth was smiling, but his eyes were not.

"Well, I guess I'll just see you when I see you...Yeah?" 'Oh that was so charming. Why ladies aren't falling all over you is beyond me!' Patrick didn't want to assume anything again, but he didn't want to sound quite as girly as he just had.

"Is that the best you can do? Sorry, but I think you owe me dinner. I'm not letting you off the hock that easy." Jenna goaded as she closed the distance between them for the second time that night. She wanted to see him again and she was fed up of these stupid games that couples play. She wanted what she wanted and she'd be damned if she wasn't going to go for it.

"Oh God I hope not." Patrick whisper a second before he tentatively placed his lips on hers. They kept it gentle, knowing that if they took it too far they might do something they weren't ready for. He ran his hands up and down her sides and she tied her hands around the back of his neck. They broke off soon and stepped back from each other, both smiling in a dazed sort of way.

"Call me." Jenna whispered. Then she turned and walked up her steps, to unlock her apartment block door, without looking back. When she was on the otherside, she leaned against it and sighed contentedly. She was happy. Truly happy. She hadn't been that in a while, since she and...

"James?!"

"Hey, baby. You're home late." There he was. The man she'd been in love with for five years of her life. The man she had wasted five years of her life on. He was leaning against her door, one floor up, with his arms crossed over his chest and his right legs crossed over his left. He had that smile on his face that she used to love. Now she saw it for what it was, a smug grin that showed how superior he thought he was. His short, curly black hair was pushed back behind his ears and his chocolate brown eyes felt, to Jenna, like they were boring into her soul. Like they knew all her darkest thoughts and could bring to life her deepest fears.

"James, what are you doing here? You got all your stuff this morning." Jenna questioned as she made her way up the steps. She really wasn't in the mood to deal with him tonight. She had had a wonderful evening and he was ruining it just by being in her presence.

"Hey, can't a boyfriend just drop in on his girlfriend?" he had moved away from the door now, and he was walking slowly towards her. His face was soft, but his eyes were burning hot and black as night.

"Of course a boyfriend can. But we are NOT going out anymore. I'm pretty sure I made that perfectly clear this morning. Now leave." He was getting too close now, and she was nervous. She had meant to sound strong but it came out shaky and childlike. She'd never liked the fact that he could do this to her.

"Oh, aren't you feisty tonight?" James countered as he walked even closer. Now, he was so close that Jenna was being pushed against the bannister, gripping it for dear life, and leaning her upper body as far away from him as she could.

"I said LEAVE. We're over!" Jenna shouted as she moved to shove him further away from her. He stopped her, though, by grabbing her wrists and shaking her violently. His left hand was gripping tighter onto her right wrist, the one with the bruise, and it was making her cry. She tried desperately to stop herself but the pain was far too great.

"Don't EVER speak to me like that again. We aren't over till I say so bitch." James hissed as he spun her around and threw her against the wall. He locked eyes with her quickly and then bent his head to trail his lips along her chest. Jenna struggled and squirmed but his grip was too strong. She tried desperately to raise her knee and hit him where it hurt but his position made that impossible. "Stop trying to fight. I did it once, I'll do it again. Just let it happen." he sneared before he swooped down and captured her lips. She tried twisting her face away from him but he grabbed a fistful of her hair and dragged her face back round to face him. He raised his hand to her dress and yanked it violently. The hallway was filled with the sound of the expensive fabric ripping down the middle. It didn't split completley, but it left Jenna fully exposed to whatever James wanted from her. "You're mine." James whispered against her lips before he attacked them again, bruising them violently.

Jenna wasn't going to let this happen again. It was three nights ago that he had done this the first time and she had been so in love with him, and so shocked by the complete betrayal of trust, that she hadn't fought back as hard as she should have. Tonight, though, she had gotten over that ridiculous infatuation. She had met Patrick, and she knew that he was more trustworthy, and good, and kind than James had ever been. She had a reason to fight now, and fight she did. She relaxed into the kiss and let James feel like he had won. That thought alone made her heave but she ploughed through. When she felt his muscles slacken slightly, she raised her hand and punch him in the side of his face. He recoiled and Jenna took her chance to run towards the stairs. She was about to take her first step when she felt a strong pressure on her upper back.

Then everything went in slow motion.

She was falling, tumbling, hitting every step on the way down. She could here James vicious laughter echoing, surrounding her completely. She felt pain sear through her body and yet she felt numb. She finally reached the bottom, landing violently on her back. She felt a rush of air blow past her and she assumed that was James running away like the little boy that he was. She didn't know how long she lay there for. An hour, five minutes, ten. It didn't really matter. She tried to move, lift her leg or her arm, but everything hurt far too much. She was starting to give up when she heard voices from outside the main door.

"Hey...erm...could you let me in. I need to speak to a woman that lives here." It was Patrick. 'Oh thank God' Jenna enthused as she tried to move her leg so it wouldn't block the door. Clearly the person on the other side, with Patrick, had agreed because Patrick thanked them as they unlocked the door. Jenna had never seen a door open so slowly in her life. Finally, she saw Patrick's face. He looked scared, as though his life was flashing before his eyes.

"Jenna! Oh God, what happened? Are you alright? Can you move? Call an ambulance!" Patrick shouted at the man who had let him in. He placed his hands on either side of Jenna's face and caressed her cheeks gently. She smiled as much as she could with the pain she was in.

"I think we're even." That was the last thing Jenna managed to say before her world went black.


Anyone see that coming? I would love to know if that was what you thought had happened between James and Jenna. Review if you wanna, don't if you don't(allow it is helpful lol)! Thanks for reading X
Sign up to rate and review this story