Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believers Never Die...Well Maybe Sometimes

Ch 8-Secret Smile

by chandlerbing6 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-08-20 - Updated: 2010-08-20 - 1954 words

0Unrated
Hey guys. Thanks to everyone who's reading and double thanks to those who are reviewing too! If there is anything you don't like in the story, or want more of, just give me a bell...I'd love to hear from you. Anyway, STORY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was dark. Very dark. Jenna tried to prise her eyes open but they felt like they were welded shut. She search the bed, at least that's what she assumed she was lying on, with her hand to try and figure out where she was. It was definitely a hospital bed. If you could call it a bed. It was more like a slab of concrete with a sheet on it. There was a strong smell surrounding her too. Iodine. It was burning her throat and making her eyes sting slightly. She tried to remember how she got here. As if on cue, the pain that had been laying dormant within her reared its ugly head. She gripped the sheets with her fists and gritted her teeth, determined not to make any noise. Suddenly, she pictured Patrick's perfect face leaning over her, his face a mask of worry and slight pain. Just as suddenly as it had flared up, the pain subsided and a warmth spread through her, reaching from her top most hair to her little toe. He was like her personal anaesthetic. Slowly but surely, she managed to force her eyes open, to see if she could glimpse his face again. In real life this time. She wasn't disappointed.

There he was. His face was distorted into the same one he had been wearing in her memory. When he saw her eyes open wide, however, his face broke into a smile that was as bright as the sun. He looked tired, like he'd been awake for a lot longer than was advised. He had pulled a hospital chair right up next to where Jenna was laying. His hair was disheveled, obviously he'd been running his hands through it a frequently. she had noticed that he did that quite a bit, particulaly when he was anxious. She smiled faintly, not sure she had the strength to return a one as huge as his was, when he reached his hand out to wrap around hers. He began rubbing his thumbs gently over her skin as he spoke.

"Hey." He whispered gently, as though he thought Jenna was so fragile that if he spoke too loudly she would snap. It made her feel safe and wanted. "How are you? Are you in pain? Do you need a nurse? I can get one right now...hang on." Patrick began to raise himself from the chair, but Jenna simply tightened her grip on his hand and pulled him back down. He looked at her quizically, waiting for her to say something more.

She murmered, "Hi. I've been better. Not really. I don't need a nurse. Just you." She ticked each answer off on her fingers as she answered them and then looked at him intensely. He took a minute to process everything she said and then, when he saw the way she was looking at him, he quirked his eyebrow and leaned forward to place a chaste kiss on her lips. She groaned as he pulled away and tried to raise her hand to wrap it around his neck and pull him back. Mistake! She hissed in a breath and retracted her hand, clasping it against her chest with her left one. Patrick's eyes bug out of his head and he scrambled to his feet.

"Oh! Oh God! What is it? What did I do? Oh God I didn't break you, did I?" His questions came fast and furiously and he was jumping from foot to foot quickly, as though he had a vast amount of hot coals under his feet. His eyes popped out even further when he heard Jenna's soft, melodic giggle echo around the room. 'Christ! The pin's made her go insane. I have actually broken my girlfriend!...Woah, girlfriend? where in the hell did that come from? We just met and...PATRICK! Bigger picture here, please!' It seemed that all he'd done today was apologise or scream at himself. Not good. He concentrated on the wounded woman in front of him and realised she was smiling that beautiful smile, that smile that Patrick thought was as bright as the sun. He calmed down instantly and lowered himself ontothe bed, near her feet. He took her hand again and she smiled even wider than Patrick thought physically possible. He revelled in the fact that someone as amazing as her was so pleased to be close to him.

"No, I'm fine. I just got a bit over excited. I've always been too eager. Come here." She whispered as seductively as she could. He looked wary, clearly worried that he may hurt her again. Jenna rolled her eyes at his hesitation, grabbed his tie for the second time that night and eased him forward until his upper body was pressed slightly against hers. She ried to pull him closer but he locked his arm, effectively making that impossible.

"If I go any closer, you'll get hurt. You need to give yourself time to heal." She humphed at him slightly, but his mischievous grin made her forget any grudge she may have been holding. Her body hummed all over at the gentle pressure and she sighed into the kiss, as Patrick neaded her lips with his expertly. She ran her finger tips along the neck line of his shirt and tugged at it slightly, indicating that it was in her way. However, he pulled his head back and removed her hand from his collar. He smiled at her gentle and whispered, "Did you listen to a thing I just said? Give it time. That was a really nasty fall you had. Speaking of which," Jenna was aware that the moment was over when Patrick raised pulled himself into into a seated position once more. "what happened there Jenna? You must have been lying there for a while before I found you. Tell me what's going on. Truthfully." He spoke gently, but she could sense the tension behind every careful word. She'd known this conversation would happen at some point, but that didn't make it any easier to go through. She squeezed her eyes shut and sucked in a deep, painful breath.

"Completely truthfully? Or can I...fudge a few details? Please?" She tried to make a joke out of it, and she put on her best doe eyed expression but the fire was back in Patrick's eyes. He clearly wasn't going to let this go any time soon. She decided just to bite the bullet and tell him everything. she sighed loudly, before rattling everything off as quickly as she could. About how her and James started out. About how he had gotten more and more violent. How he had hurt her the first time. And finally how, after she had stood up for herself, he had shoved her down the stairs and run away. Now, she was sitting up right in the bed with the covers pulled up to her chin, waiting for Patrick to say something. Anything. He was just staring at her. Well, not right at her, but somewhere on the wall above her head. His jaw was clenching and unclenching and he had only blinked once in the past two minutes. She'd counted. "Erm...Patrick. If you just wanna go...I'll understnad totally. I'm fine, really." She hoped that sounded convincing, but she didn't really want him to leave. She started to say something else, but Patrick's hoarse voice drowned her out.

"Yeah, you're fine this time. BUt what if I hadn't been there. What if he hadn't run away, but kept at you. What if I'd found you dead, instead of just wounded! What IF JENNA!" His voice got progressively louder each time, up until the last sentence, when Jenna flinched and turned her back to him. Tears bit at her eyes and and she didn't have the strength to fight them back. Patrick watched her shoulders shake and instantly regretted rasiing his voice. He was just so angry. When she had listed off all the things James had done to her, he felt a rage build inside of him that he had never experienced before. He did his best to keep his cool and remain calm for Jenna but he just couldn't keep it inside. It was causing him physical pain and it just exploded out of him. He felt slightly better when he did that. However, as he watched her shake silently, that same pain came back again tenfold. He stood up quietly and pulled back her covers. She craddled herself tighter and moved even further towards the edge of the bed. Patrick stilled himself for a minute, letting her relax slightly. When she loosened her arms a bit, he slid in next to her and turned her to face him. She tensed again slightly but soon she calmed down again and placed her head on his chest and cried, louder now. He stroked her hair gentle with his left hand, and rubbed circles over her hip with his right. She clawed at his shirt, desperate for him not to leave her alone. He tightened his arms around her even more, in an effort to reassure her that he wasn't going anywhere. He would never treat her the way James had, and he would never leave her on her own. Unless she wanted him too. He just wanted her to feel happy and safe, however she achieved that.

Her sobs began to quieten, until they had stopped completely. The kisses that he was placing softly on her head, and his strong arms and chest next to her made her feel warm. As though she were home. Home. That thought both shocked her and filled her with a joy she hadn't felt since the beginning of he relationship with James. She realised now, though, that James was never good enough for her. Patrick let showed her that. She knew he would never hurt her, purposefully at least, and she loved that assurance. she breathed in a steady breath as she heard Patrick whisper, "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to shout. I just can't stand the idea of someone hurting you. I don't understand how it's possible. I wish I'd been there. I could have protected you. Jenna, you know that I..." He was cut off by Jenna's finger over being placed delicately over his lips.

"Sssh. I know. Just...hold me for a while. I like being near you." She didn't want to sound desperate but she didn't think she could bear him leaving, at least not right now.

"I like being near you too. Try and sleep for a minute 'kay?" He rhythmically stroked her hair again and he felt her melt into him. He loved that feeling, it was as though she were a part of him.

"Okay. You won't leave?" He could barely hear her as she drifted off. He heard her breath become more shallow but he knew she wouldn't relax completely until he confirmed her question.

"No. I'll never leave. Not as long as you'll have me." He murmed the last part quietly, sure that she hadn't heard. As he rested his head a top hers, however, he didn't notice the secret smile that played on the corners of Jenna's lips.



Hope that was alright for you guys?! Hit me up if you have any good ideas, or things you think I should change. I'll write more soon! Thanks XxX
Sign up to rate and review this story