Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Mission Complete

Itachi is a Good Boy

by IzzyLawliet69 0 reviews

Sasuke finds out about Itachi's secret missions, which can only end in even more heartbreak and tears. Naruto realizes his best friend isn't as stoic as his facade.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Itachi,Naruto,Sasuke,Tsunade - Published: 2010-08-18 - Updated: 2010-08-18 - 847 words

1Exciting
Tsunade intertwined her fingers, her chin resting on top of her hands. Her green eyes looked deeply into the young boy's emotionless orbs. Nothing was said. Instead, silence filled the room uncomfortably, making the two ninja feel as if they were drowning in nothingness. Finally, the busty blonde sighed and leaned back in her chair. "Where the hell is he?" She growled out.

Sasuke looked at her confusedly. "Who else are we waiting for?" Subconsciously, he glanced around the Hokage's office.

A soft knocking came at the door. Tsunade gave a grunt in recognition. The door opened, a squeak rang out through the room, bouncing off of the dark green walls. Fuming, Sasuke turned to face the busty ninja. "You called me here for him?" He growled out the last word venomously. Both Itachi and Tsunade sighed, looking momentarily away from the young raven, allowing him a small opportunity to escape. Said boy thought about whooshing out of the room, but decided against it. "Alright, get on with it."

Nodding curtly, Itachi took his place next to his brother. He contemplated reaching a hand out to rest on Sasuke's shoulder, quickly dismissing the thought. Both Uchihas looked at Tsunade expectantly.

"Alright, Sasuke, first thing's first. Itachi was forced to kill your clan." The Fifth Hokage leaned forward, expecting to get an earful from the youngest in the room.

His face showed utter disbelief. Anger and confusion contorted his face. "You want me to believe that crap?" He slammed his clenched fists on the desk before him, getting to eye level with his boss, so to speak. "What exactly do you mean he was 'forced' to kill the clan?" He'd calmed down a tiny bit by the end of his last sentence.

"It was my mission as a part of the ANBU." Itachi's silky voice startled his company. Red eyes stare into another set of familiar ruby eyes. "I had no choice in the matter, otouto."

The pissed raven shook his head in apparent disgust. "I suppose joining the Akatsuki was also a part of your 'mission?'" Itachi nodded solemnly. "So… You had to kill the Akatsuki, too?" Once again, Itachi nodded.

Tsunade spoke up. "He even had to kill Uchiha Madara." She looked expectantly at the younger boy.

As she'd hoped, he asked, "U-Uchiha Ma-Madara? You mean, there was another one of us?" His jaw was dropped to the floor, small tears gathering at the corners of his fading red eyes.

"Yes. He wasn't spared simply because he helped to found the Akatsuki, or so we were told," Itachi explained. Against his previous thoughts, he reached out to rest a reassuring hand on his brother's shoulder. Sasuke let a shining tear slip, streaking down his splotchy face. Angrily raising an arm, he wiped away any other stray tears.

Before anyone could say anything, the young Uchiha dashed out of the room through the open window. Without letting another damned tear escape, he pushed himself through emerald foliage. A myriad of thoughts swirled through his mind like a whirlpool. For the moment, he pushed everything aside as he made his way to the only place he could think of that might be able to help him in this situation: Naruto's.

Shaking uncontrollably, letting the tears fall freely. Why should he have to hide himself from his best friend? His knuckles lightly tapped at the door as he pitifully whimpered, "Naruto?"

Golden locks were the first thing he saw. Next was the brilliant sea blue of his (one sided) lover's gorgeous orbs. Looking a little further down, he saw a crimson blush on his cheeks. In the Uzumaki's hands was a bloodied towel. "Sasuke?" He blinked a few times, just to make sure it was really his usually stoic best friend standing before him with tears running down his face, a sad, lonely stare of a lost puppy visible in his black orbs. "What's wrong, Sasuke?"

Another whimper was his only response. Completely out of no where, Sasuke wrapped his strong arms around Naruto's thin waist, sobbing into his shirt, staining it no doubt. The blonde gripped Sasuke in a tight embrace before leading him inside. He sat the poor, weeping boy on the couch, hustling to the kitchen to make some green tea. When the kettle squealed, he placed pouches in mugs before pouring boiling hot water into the decorated containers. Rushing into the living room, the clumsy boy managed to spill a little bit of the HOT tea on his toes. Not caring about his welfare, but rather his friend's, he ignored the searing pain and pulled Sasuke's close to him. Soft, black locks were threaded around the demon vessel's fingers and he cooed at the boy to "Calm down, it will be fine" and "Sush, it'll be over soon."

The raven boy finally calmed his breathing down a little bit, salt water no longer running down his pale face. He reached out a cold hand to grasp onto his friend's, grateful for the willingness of Naruto. "It won't be over soon. Itachi's back for good."
Sign up to rate and review this story