Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > All The Ghosts That Are Ever Gonna Haunt Me

Ever Get The Feeling That You're Never All Alone

by alligatorpie 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-09-11 - Updated: 2010-09-11 - 1050 words

1Exciting
Chapter Two - Ever Get The Feeling That You’re Never All Alone
Features: mrsgerardway616 (Katie), chemicalgirl210 (Shelby), thatjerokid (Jero)

Mikey was watching the news, wide-eyed and terrified.

“You picked a good day to be sick, Mikes.” Mikey’s dad said, trying to bring humor to the situation. Mikey’s mother was sitting next to him on the couch, both hands over her mouth, tears streaming down her face.

While Mikey was sick, Gerard had gone to school that day. The police told parents to stay off school property for now. On the news, they had shown several parents trying to find their children through the chaos, that the police officers had been forced to arrest.

Mikey was scared shitless. While he was at home with a fever, his girlfriend, his brother, his best friends… their lives were all changing. Or ending…

Mikey tried to fight back tears as he thought that. What if one of them had died? What would he do? Which one would it be?

The camera showed two female police officers escorting a man out of the building. His face was blurred, but Mikey would recognize that custom-made shirt anywhere. The shirt he had made, and given to his best friend. The shirt that had iron-on band logos covering almost every inch of it. The shirt he had given Matt for his last birthday.

“No…” Mikey whispered. There must be some mistake. No way that Matt could do this. Impossible.

“What is it, Mikey?” Donna asked. “What’s wrong?”

“Matt…” Mikey said, as a single tear slipped down his cheek.

“What are you talking about?” Donna asked.

“They haven’t shown the names of the victims yet, son.” Donald said, putting a hand on Mikey’s shoulder.

“No.” Mikey shook his head. “No, the shooter… That’s Matt.”

Donna and Donald both gasped.

*

Katie was sitting in her unmarked car, windows rolled down, listening to the buzz of chatter on the police radio. She reached into her glove box and pulled out her pack of Camel Lights, and lit one. She inhaled deeply, held it for a moment, then exhaled, smiling slightly.

Just as she closed her eyes, she heard something about a shooting at the local school. The school she had gone to just 5 years ago. The school her little sister went to now.

She turned her car back on, and sped toward the school. She hit the button that had been installed on her dashboard to turn on the concealed police lights. She pulled up SWAT style at the school, flung her door open, and ran into the crowd. Injured, unconscious, dead, and alive students were everywhere. The students who hadn’t been injured were being loaded into SWAT vans, to be taken home.

But no one could leave until they were accounted for. One paramedic was looking over a list on a clipboard. She flashed her detective badge, then took the clipboard from his hands.

It was a list of students, in alphabetical order, by last name. Next to each name, was a status. Some of them didn’t have status’s yet, but the ones that did, said Dead, Not Injured, or if it said Injured, it said what hospital they’d been taken to. She flipped to the T’s, and scanned for her little sister’s name.

Shelby Gordan Thacker

No status yet.

“Fuck!” Katie said, and only then, as the cigarette fell from her lips, did she realize that she hadn’t put it out.

*

Frank was still clinging to Jero’s body when Paramedic’s entered the room and flicked the lights on.

They started pulling people out from under the tables. They would look at the student ID that every student was required to wear during school, either on a lanyard or clipped to the waist of their pants, and tell someone over a walkie-talkie the name of the student, and their injuries.

A male paramedic pulled Frank from under the table.

“Frank… How the hell do you pronounce that?” The paramedic said, looking at his ID.

“Iero.” Frank murmured.

“It’s spelled I-E-R-O.” The paramedic said, ignoring what Frank had said.

“Injuries?” Another paramedic asked.

“A shot to the left shoulder, but he’s conscious. Looks like he’s in shock.”

A different paramedic took him out of the room, and outside, over to an ambulance. A young woman was standing with the paramedics there, listening to the information being passed over the walkie-talkie.

“You look familiar…” Frank heard himself saying to the girl. He didn’t think he’d ever met this woman. She had straight blonde hair that was tied back into a ponytail, with blue tips.

She was holding a pack of cigarettes and a lighter in her hand like she was dying to light up, but she couldn’t.

“You might know my sister.” She said. “Shelby Thacker?”

“Mikey’s girlfriend…” Frank mumbled.

A voice came out of the walkie-talkie that was sitting on a table next to her.

“Shelby Thacker. Bullet to the thigh. There’s tons of blood, and she’s unconscious.”

“Where?” The woman demanded.

“First floor. Room 121.”

The woman jumped up and ran into the school.

*

Gerard got out of the back of the SWAT truck when it stopped in front of his house. He ran up to the door, and knocked. They had made everyone leave their stuff at the school.

His dad answered.

“Gerard!” He said, then dragged him inside.

“Gee!” Mikey jumped up and hugged his brother.

Donna hugged him too.

Even though Gerard hadn’t been injured, he still had blood all over him. The person who had been sitting next to him in his social studies class had been shot, and Gerard was sprayed with that blood. He’d passed out, and fallen out of his seat, onto the ground, where blood dripping from those who had been shot was getting onto him.

Gerard was still shaking, even though the danger was over.

“We were so scared, Gerard.” Donna said, and Mikey and Donald nodded in agreement.

Gerard felt a sudden anger flare inside him.

“You were scared? You were scared? You weren’t even fucking there! You don’t know what scared feels like compared to the people who were there today!”
Sign up to rate and review this story