Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > All The Ghosts That Are Ever Gonna Haunt Me

I Can't Always Just Forget Her

by alligatorpie 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-09-20 - Updated: 2010-09-20 - 1089 words

0Unrated
A/N: Sorry it's been so long! My parents have a 7on, 7off custody arrangement, and I only have internet at my dad's, so I can only update when I'm here. But anyway, here's chapter three! Rate&Review!

xxAnna



Chapter Three - I Can’t Always Just Forget Her
Features: mrsgerardwat616 (Katie), chemical girl210 (Shelby)

Katie was pacing outside Shelby’s hospital door. She couldn’t lose Shelby. If she lost her, she would lose herself. They had been through so much together, and Katie had nothing left.

After the car crash that killed their parents, Katie had been Shelby’s legal guardian, as Katie had been 21 when it happened, a little less than a year ago. Shelby had only been 16.

She hated to think of Shelby’s life ending before it had ever really begun. She walked down the hall, to go outside again. The hospital hallway was making her claustrophobic, and she needed another cigarette.

When she got back to Shelby’s room, her doctor was coming out of it.

“She’s awake.” He said before Katie could ask.

Katie rushed into the room and over to Shelby’s side.

“God, you reek of cigarettes.” Shelby murmured, looking up at her sister.

“Is that all you have to say to me?” Katie asked, sitting in the chair next to Shelby.

“You told me you were going to quit.” Shelby said. Katie shrugged.

“What happened?” Shelby asked Katie.

“You tell me, you’re the one who was there.” Katie said.

“It’s all coming back in pieces. When I first woke up, I didn’t know what had happened at all. Then I remembered getting to school, getting blueberry pop tarts for breakfast. Then I remembered solving an equation at the board in Calculus. Then I remembered getting shot. Then I remembered that I never finished the equation, cause I was shot in while I was in Calculus. I can’t remember who did it, though. I remember that I saw his face, and I was surprised, cause I didn’t think they were capable of something like that, but that’s all.”

Katie took her sister’s hand.

“Your class was one of the first that was visited.” She said. “I hate that I can’t tell you all that I know.” Katie sighed. “Since I’m on the force, I know a lot of what happened, but since you were there, you have to remember it on your own, since you’re a witness.”

“Is Mikey okay?” Shelby asked.

“You told me that Mikey didn’t go to school today. You said that he was sick.” Katie said.

“Oh.” Shelby said. “Can he come see me?” She asked hopefully.

“I’ll go by on my way home, and see if he wants to come up here with me tomorrow.” Katie said.

“How long will they keep me here?” Shelby asked.

“I don’t know. Depending on the severities of the other students injuries, they may have to let you out sooner than they’d like, but it’ll be at least a week.” Katie said.

“Damn.” Shelby said.

“Katie?” A different voice said from the doorway. Katie looked up, and saw Aria, the police chief.

“I’ll be right back, Shelby.” Katie murmured, standing up.

She stepped out of the room, and walked down the hall with Aria.

“How is she?” Aria asked, glancing back at Shelby’s room.

“I don’t know yet, I haven’t talked to her doctor. She’s awake, at least.” Katie said, reaching up to brush her hair back. Aria caught her wrist.

“What’s this?” She asked, looking at Katie’s newest tattoo.

“A tattoo.” Katie said nonchalantly.

Aria rolled her eyes.

*

Mikey watched Gerard storm up the stairs. This is what he’s been afraid of. Since he wasn’t at school today, he would forever be considered lucky, and his friends, his brother, his girlfriend would think that he didn’t understand. Mikey was almost sure that it was worse to watch it happen from home, then actually be there.

There was a knock at the front door, and Mikey went to get it. It was Katie, his girlfriend, Shelby’s, older sister.

“She’s okay, right?” Was all Mikey could say.

“Yeah.” Katie said. “She was shot in the leg, but she’ll be fine.”

“Thank God.” Mikey said.

“Yeah. She wants you to come see her tomorrow. I can take you with me when I go.”

“Yeah, of course. What time?” Mikey said quickly.

“I’ll be here around 10.” Katie said.

“Alright. I’ll see you then.” Mikey said.

“Yeah… Well, I have a lot of work to do, so I have to go.” Katie said awkwardly.

“Okay,” Mikey said.

“See you…” Katie said, half waving as she turned and walked back to her car.

*

Gerard stared at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. He hadn’t changed out of his bloody clothes, he hadn’t washed the blood off his face, he hadn’t even moved since he entered the bathroom.

He was sure that this had to be a trick, or a bad dream, and soon, Mikey would wake him up, and Gerard would realize that the screams still ringing in his ears were his own.

Gerard’s hands clenched around the edge of the sink involuntarily. He clenched his eyes shut tight, but opened them again when he saw the shooting flashing inside his closed lids.

“Fuck!” He said, pushing himself away from the counter. He turned away from the mirror, and leaned back against the counter, running his hands through his hair.

He let out a long breath, then opened the door to the bathroom slowly. He glanced down the stairs to make sure that no one would see him and talk to him. No one was there, so he walked across the hall to his bedroom. He grabbed a change of clothes, and went back to the bathroom.

He stripped off and turned on the water in the shower. He stepped in and massaged shampoo into his long, thick, hair. While the water was clear before it hit his head, it was light red when it ran off.

Gerard averted his eyes as he felt vomit rise in his throat.

When he was done showering, he put on his different clothes, stuffed the bloody ones into a plastic shopping bag, then he tied it tightly, and threw them under his bed, with the intention to never look at them again.
Sign up to rate and review this story