Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cross My Heart

Graduation Day

by Motherwar_13 1 review

Abigail looked quickly scanned the crowed looking for them...she spotted her mother and step father. Her mother wrapped her arms around her still crying. Then from the other side her next door neig...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-11-18 - Updated: 2010-11-18 - 1423 words - Complete

1Original
Abigail looked quickly scanned the crowed looking for them, dodging others from her class jumping around some with their hats on, others carrying them. She had finally done it, she was free, a high school diploma tucked under one arm, her hat hung crooked on her head when she spotted her mother and step father. Her mother wrapped her arms around her still crying. Then from the other side her next door neighbors, surrogate parents and brother and the love of her life walked up. Donna greeted her in much the same fashion, Don patted her shoulder, Mikey playfully punching her arm and Gerard pulled her into a hug only when she was released from the older women. The night was all she imagined, spending it out with her friends, not a care in the world. She had planned on sneaking over to Gerard’s that night since he was leaving in the mourning to go back to the city. When she got home late that night she didn’t expect the living room light to be on. She walked in casually knowing she was still before curfew her smile faded fast when she stepped in the room.

“You have a lot of explaining to do.” George said.

“I’m sorry? I am half an hour early my curfew isn’t till one tonight.”

“Don’t talk back to me.” He growled his hand collided with her face, though it had been quiet for a few months she wasn’t surprised at this at all. She had gotten better at going numb since Ger wasn’t at home for her to run to when he gets upset.

“Can you explain this?” He threw a pieces of paper at her and she picked them up, it was her acceptance letters, and full scholarships to three colleges, the three her parents forced her to apply too.

“Why have you not sent back for these, you have already lost your place at two of them”

“I don’t’ want to go to those schools, I found another one and I got in!” She was hit again and this time she backed up a few more steps.

“You had a guaranteed real life with one of these three and you throw it away? You will call this one tomorrow and tell them you’re coming.”

“No. That’s not what I want to do with my life?”

“How the hell do you know what you want to do with your future!” He grabbed her hard by the arm and shook her. She looked to her mother for help and could see then that she already had a bruise forming on her face and understood why she hadn’t said a word.

“I think I would know better at what I want then you, Mom I’ll still be close to home, its an art school.”

“You not going to that same school he is are you, please tell me you don’t think you can just run off to the city and with him.” He shoved her into the wall this time, before hitting her. She slumped down to the floor “Nt like that loser.”

“Please, he doesn’t even know I’m just going.” she sucked at her now bleeding lip and stood up. “He is more talented then you could ever dream of, one day you will regret everything you’ve ever thought of him, He’ll be everywhere you’ll see. So don’t call him a loser again.” She took a step to him. He was taken aback for a split second and then rage sat in, she never saw him this pissed off. She was back up against the wall again she lifted her arm up to block his blow and then for the first time she hit him back again and again and kicked him when he fell. “that’s for what you did to my mother.” she screamed before spitting at him and running up the stairs into her room locking the door. Having most of her stuff ready already, she grabbed the bag from under her bed that had her small savings from babysitting, the small job she worked in the summers and graduation money, stashed in it, and other important things, she shoved all the clothes she could in her bag grabbing her hoodie from the back of the door and pulling it on. She quickly unlocked her window and made her way out and down her usual way not even giving her old room a look back. Thankful that his window was cracked already and lifted it. She didn’t have much time before they come to look for her here. Gerard jumped slightly when she stumbled into the dimly lit room.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He stumbled slightly to help her up. Just as he did his door opened up and a girl walked in giggling. “Your brother is passed out so we pretty much have this house all to ourselves.” she stopped seeing the younger girl standing in his room.

“Who the hell are you?”

“I was going to ask you the same question. And why are you sneaking into his window at one in the mourning.”

“Gerard, please, I need you its.” she stopped taking a breath trying to calm her heart before she explained how important it was he take her to the city with him, “ Are you drunk?”

“I had a few, look you can’t just come in here when ever you please Abigail. We’re not kids anymore.”

“What? Gerard are you not listening to me, I need you more then ever please. Help me.” she grabbed his arm pleading, and her emotions from the fight she had with her stepfather got the better of her, she started crying.

“Look, I’m kinda busy if you haven’t noticed.” He pulled her out into the hall to give them some privacy. She started up at him like he was a stranger, and sniffled. “Gerard what where you going to say to me that night?”

He looked down at her, and bit his lip clenching his jaw. “What night?”
She took a deep breath and rolled her eyes and moved on to her next question desperate to make him understand even in his state.

“You promised me, you would always be there for me WHEN ever I needed you. Why are you doing this to me, please Ger, I love you. Please.” Hoping this would bring him to his senses, she grabbed his hand and drew a heart and crossed it with her finger.
“Remember.”

“Look that’s was all very cute when we where little, but if you’ll excuse me.”
Abi let go of his hand and looked at him heart broken.

“I am not asking you to love me too, I need you’re help.”

Gerard put his hand on the knob and swaying when he turned to go back in. Abigail’s hand was up in the air before she even realized it and slapped him hard across the face.
“Fuck you Gerard, have a nice life.” she turned quickly and hurried down the stairs and out the front door. When he walked in his room his date had already passed out on his bed, so he made his way to the couch downstairs. He woke up in the morning, too early in his opinion to pounding on his front door, making the pounding in his head worse. He opened it see Abigail’s mother still dressed in her gown and robe, her eyes red and check slightly discolored.

“Gerard, is Abigail with you?”

“No, she didn’t go back home.”

“No, her and George had a terrible fight last night, her clothes are gone did you see her?” he stepped aside to let her inside and lead her to the couch. Everything from last night hitting him like a ton of bricks. His heart started to beat faster and his stomach twisted.

“She came her, we had a fight and she left, I just thought she went back home.”

“I know some places she might be let me get dressed and I’ll go look.” he comforted her mother and went to wake his own before hurrying to his room. Thankfully his friend had already left and he dressed quickly. His mind racing on where she could be, scared to death if something awful happened to her and it was all his fault.
Sign up to rate and review this story