Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tales of a Killjoy

Blood Runs Thicker Than Water

by Anthrax_Angel 2 reviews

Looks like Poison wasn't the only one hiding something from Kobra

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-06 - Updated: 2010-12-06 - 1155 words

0Unrated
He looked at me confused for a minute “I think we should involve Poison in this conversation, I can’t tell you his motives cause I don’t know them” I say taking hold of his hand and leading him downstairs. “Hey kiddo why don’t you go play up stair with Ghoul and Jet, me and Kobra have to talk to Poison for a minute” she jumps up and drags Ghoul up the stairs Jet following slowly behind. “So who’s gonna tell me why I spent the last three years without my better half” Kobra says staring angrily at Poison, who stands there motionless. “One day bout three years ago Poison comes up to me, you had gone to get supplies it was just me and him” I start the memory flashing vividly in my mind.

“Hey Angel” Poison says coming up behind me, I’m in one of the booths working on the scrapbook putting in the picture of me and Kobra embracing, “hey” I say closing the book. “I want to talk to you about Kobra” he says sitting across from me, “shoot” I say confused. “Look I know you love him but, there’s something you should know he doesn’t love you, he just doesn’t want to tell you” I shake my head it can’t be true me and Kobra we were happy, as happy as any two people got in the Zones “no” I say simply. “I know you don’t want to believe it but its true, you deserve to know” Poison says reach across the table to pat my hand, I pull away, “I’ll talk to him when he gets back.” “Do you really want to make this harder on him, look I get it you don’t believe me, then leave if he does love you he’ll follow” Poison says crossing his arms across his chest. I put my head in my hands, then sigh “fine if it’s what he wants, can you give this to the Girl for me” I say taking a picture out of the scrapbook and handing it to him, “of course.”

“I gathered my stuff, got on my bike and left” I say “when you didn’t come looking for me I assumed Poison was right and I didn’t bother coming back.” “You did that to him! he tried to kill himself 5 damn times but you never told him the truth, just said she left. You told him she hated him, that she never wanted to see him again, I should ghost you right here and now” Jet said storming down the stairs and thrusting Poison into the wall gun at his throat. “Jet Star calm down, you’re not gonna break the code over this” I say, trying to pull him off, a difficult task given his height. “Why” Kobra says from behind us, me and Jet turn to him then to Poison, Jet even lowers his gun awaiting a response. “Because five is an uneven number we weren’t as strong as we could have be with just the four of us, we were safer without her” Poison says, I shake my head I never thought it would have been something that stupid.

“You fucking serious right now, you better be lying or I’m ghost ya” Kobra says attacking Poison “you can’t it’s against the Code” I say trying to pull him off. “Fuck the Code” Jet says standing to the side “hey shut it Jet, we can’t fuck the code we wrote it, we created it so that Killjoys could live freely and some what safely in the Zones. If you’re not gonna follow the code you guys can leave I can handle the Girl on my own” I say as I stop trying to pull Kobra off. “She’s right” Jet said “of course she is she’s always right” Kobra said stepping away from Poison. “You guys can figure out what you want to do right now I need some sleep” I say turning to go upstairs, and getting tackled by the Ghoul “flies upstairs” he says jumping up. The Girl comes down behind him my huge bag over her tiny little shoulder “looks like its time to go” I say taking the bag from her “I’ll go with Angel” Kobra says as we head out the door “me too” says Jet as he shuts down the genni. “Here Jet you drive I haven’t slept in days” I say tossing him the keys to the Impala, he nods as I crawl into the back.

“We’re here” Kobra says pulling me out of the car and onto my feet, I look up and see a place I never thought I’d see again the Diner “wow it hasn’t changed” I say smiling. “Welcome home” Kobra says snaking his arm around my waist I leaned into him and smiled, this used to be my home but it seemed foreboding now. We went inside and piled into one of the booths to talk strategy “what do we do now?” Ghoul says “well did the flies see you” I ask braiding the front of my hair, something I did when thinking. “no the Girl saw them not me” “well then that means as far as BLi know your still dusted” I say thinking hard “yeah but all the Killjoys think we’re Ghosted too” Jet points out. “So we send word through the Market that you guys are alive and kicking, and start rallying the troops. They won’t be expecting an attack cause they think they ghosted our leaders” I say.

“Sad news tumble weeds Show Pony’s been bounced, captured and restarted in the Battery City. Don’t forget keep your boots tight, keep your gun close and die with your mask on if you have to.” Dr. D’s voice drains from the radio that the Girl was playing with, I run over and pick it up turning the dial it couldn’t be true it had to be a lie. “Angel” Kobra says laying a hand on my shoulder, “I have to go see Dr. D, find out what happened” I say getting up and headed for the door. “Angel we can’t go after every Killjoy that gets bounced back to Battery City” Poison says “even if it is Show Pony” Jet says. “You guys don’t understand if he’s alive in Battery City I have to go get him” I say gathering my stuff. “Why, I know he was our friend but it’s too dangerous” Kobra says grabbing my arm and turning me to face him, he had a hurt look on his face and I knew I had to tell him the truth. “Show Pony wasn’t my just my friend he was my brother”
Sign up to rate and review this story