Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tales of a Killjoy

Is Honesty the Best Policy?

by Anthrax_Angel 1 review

Angel has to tell the Girl and herself the truth

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-12-06 - Updated: 2010-12-07 - 901 words

0Unrated
Once I was sure the Girl was out for the count I moved her head out of my lap and crept over to my bag pulling the scrapbook out and returning to guard duty, “is Pony in there” the Girl whispers. “of course he is” I say pulling her into my lap, I open the book to where we left off, she looks at the picture of Ghoul “I’ve never seen him sad” she says looking up at me “I think that might be the only time he was, sad at the thought of losing you” I tell her. The next picture is of Dr. D he’s holding the Girl in his lap while doing his broadcast “I was on the radio” she says excitement colouring her tone “yup youngest Killjoy to make it on the radio” I tell her. She turns to face me “why am I special, why did they come to get me but they won’t go get Pony” I take a minute to think of a good response I decide since Poison let the cat out I could at least explain it to her.

“You see in Battery City every one takes pills for everything, to keep them perfect, the only problem is the pills make it so they can’t have children of their own. This means that the Scarecrow has to take the children of Killjoys to further race, but once they start forming opinions like you, then they can’t just give you to a family because you might contaminate the other young ones.” “Contaminate” she asks “umm well the people in Battery City can’t have kids but Killjoys can, if they raise the Killjoys children to follow their rule they don’t need as much medication, so they’ll be able to have kids.” “But since I have an opinion already what would happen to me” “well they don’t want to put you in Battery City until they were sure you would follow their rules. So they would do very mean, very bad things to you so you would follow their rules.”

She’s silent for a minute “what about Show Pony, he has an opinion” she says looking up at me with fear in her face. “It’s different with Pony because he’s an adult, and there are people in Battery City who want him to live with them. So they pay the Exterminators to bring him back alive then they pump him full of pills, and he forgets about the Zones and lives a controlled life in Battery City.” “So even if we safe him he won’t remember us” she asks burying her face in my neck, “Once the pills leave his system he’ll remember everything” I say squeezing her.


I lay her back down and soon she’s asleep, “you think you should have told her all of that” Kobra asks sitting beside me. “Honestly I don’t know, on one hand I want to protect her from the truth of this life, but on the other hand she deserves the truth” I say leaning into him. I pulled the Girls letter out of the back of the scrapbook, “what’s that” Kabra asks kissing my neck “a letter the girl wrote to me a year after I left” I tell him staring at the letter. “what does it say” “I don’t know I was too afraid to open” I confesses, I hesitate for a minute then open it.

Dear Anthrax Angel
I miss you, I wish you would come home, things aren’t the same without you. Kobra Kid misses you a lot, Jet Star says he wants to die because he misses you so much. I asked Kobra why he didn’t go find you because if I was older and had a bike and a gun I would be trying to find you. He said because you didn’t want him to follow you, is that true do you not want us to look for you. I think Kobra is wrong but he doesn’t believe me we miss you. I asked what they would say to you if they could and this is what they answered

KK – I love you
JS- Get your ass back here
FG- we miss more then fat kids miss cake
Party Poison wouldn’t say anything. Any way I miss you and I hope to see you again


I was crying when I was finished, “I was scared” I say folding the letter back up and putting it back in the scrapbook. “I know” Kobra said holding me close, “I tried to kill myself 5 times, I didn’t know what to do with out you, then one day she told me that you would be pissed if I wasn’t here when you came back.” I smiled “she was right I would have been super pissed, I beat the Impala with a pry bar broke the engine into a million little pieces. I was so angry and sad, I crawled into a ball and sat there for three days then I decided one day I would come home so I got up. I haven’t slept in so long, I’ve been too afraid of being alone” I say tears running down my face, “Sleep Anthrax Angel I’ll keep you safe.”
Sign up to rate and review this story