Categories > Original > Drama > I Remain

I Am...

by _Kira_ 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-17 - Updated: 2011-01-17 - 1293 words

0Unrated
As soon as they realized they were far enough to rest for the night,they did so and made a fire.
"Well,are you going to tell me why we were running from those soldiers?",Kira asked.
She sat on one side of the fire meditating.Anahita ate to herself,as Abda and Amira talked amongst themselves.
Dastan was making sure his horse was well.
Dastan looked to Kira.She sat there,her legs crossed,and her eyes closed.She didn't look like much of a street rat.Or traveller.More like a pampered princess.
"And why should I?",he asked.She opened an eye and looked to him.
"You might as well.There's no way that my friend will want to leave so soon.We'll be travelling together for quite a while.",Kira said.
"Will you now?Who says that I will allow you?",Dastan asked turning to her.
"...I do.",she said and closed her eye.Dastan snorted and walked up to her.
"How about you tell me who you are?",he asked.
"My name is Kira and I am sent on a mission.",she said.
"What mission?"
"To find something...I am from the Temples of the Achaemenid Empire.",she told him.
"I see.The Sassanian Empire have conquered you already.",Dastan said.After a moment of staring,he bent down so that we was at the same as she.
She opened her eyes and turned her head towards him.
"Yes?",she asked.
"There is something you are not telling me.What is it?",he asked.
"I am not hiding anything.I have no secrets.And what of yourself?I know there are secrets of your own.",she said.
"How would you know?",he asked.
"I have my ways...you were once a soldier,no?",she said.Shocked,his stare on her got intense.
How had she guessed so?
"And if I were,how did you figure out so quickly?",he asked.
"First,you are packed with weapons.And second,soldiers are trying to catch you.Not to mention,you wear soldier equipment under your robe.",she said.He sighed and pulled off his robe.
"Might as well not wear it,then.I was once a soldier,but I had run away.",he said.
"Are you the warrior I've always heard so much of.What's his name?",Kira said.
"My name is Dastan.",he said.Kira nodded,and her eyes fell upon his wound from earlier when an arrow was shot.
"Do you need help?",she asked.
"No,I'll just wash it with some water and then wrap it up.It'll be fine.",he said.He started to stand up straight,but she grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back down.
"Let me help you.At least to thank you for what you did for me.",she said in a low voice.Dastan stayed silent for a long moment before he nodded.
She had put together the herbs making medicine and wiped it onto his injury.He gritted his teeth to the pain but stayed silent.She then wrapped a cloth around his arm and tied it on tightly.
"Exactly what did you do at those temples?",he asked as soon as she was done.
"Helped around here and there.",she murmured.She grabbed one of the fruit and took a bite of it.
"Kira,how long are we allowed to stay?",Amira asked.
"Not long.We must continue with our journey.",Kira told her.
"What exactly are you out to find?Treasure?",Dastan asked as he sat beside her.
"That's one way to call it.",she said.
"I want part of it!",Abda claimed.
"Sorry,no tag alongs.",Kira replied.
"So stingy.You want all the treausre to yourself.",Anahita complained.
"But,what tre-",Amira began to say but got a look from Kira that warned her to keep talking.
"I'm sorry?",Dastan asked.
"But,what treasure will be big enough for us all?Kira is right!No tag alongs.",Amira quickly covered and continued to eat her fruit.
"Greedy whores.",Anahita muttered.
"Anahita,watch your mouth.",Dastan warned.Anahita scoffed and continued to eat.
"Obviously,you will all slow us down with your complaining and chatter.We will continue alone.",Kira said.
"Exactly what kind of treasure are we talking about?",Dastan asked.
"It is none of your concern.It is for me to know,and you to leave alone.",Kira defended and then stood up.
"Where are you going?",Dastan called as she began to walk away.
"I am going to get as far away from the noise and go back to meditating.",Kira said.
"I will join you.",Amira said and ran after her.
"Such a horrible woman.",Anahita muttered.
"But she does have much to look at it.Especially her friend.",Abda said.
"Enough.Let's rest.As soon as sun rises,we must be on our way before the soldiers show up.",Dastan said.
"Fine.",Anahita retorted and threw aside her fruit.
"May you friends have good dreams.",Abda said.
"Abda.",Anahita said.
"Yes?"
"Shut your mouth."
"Tsk...And you say the ladies are rude.You are worse off then them."
Slap!
"Ow!Well,excuse me.That just proves it!"
Slap!Slap!
"Will you stop it!"
...
Slap!
"Forget it!I'll just shut up!"
...
Slap!
"I didn't say anything!"
"I know.Goodnight,Abda."
"Goodnight,Anahita!"
"Enough.",Dastan muttered.
He layed back and looked up to the stars.Then he let his head fall to the side,his eyes fall to Kira.
She sat there,her eyes closed with legs crossed and hands floating in the air.Her little friend did the same.
Kira spoke words,but too far to hear anything.She spoke fast and seemed to mke no mistake.
Dastan's eyes started to drift closed,the sleep overcoming him.
But before he was officialy asleep,something from Kira glowed.
Her eyes glowed...

Dastan groaned as he opened his eyes to the blazing sun.
"Those lying,greedy beggers!"
Dastan flinched to the screeching noise coming from his little sister.
Could she be any louder?
"Wake Dastan up!",Dastan heard before a slap.
"Ow!Stop hurting me!I was going to anyway!",Abda yelled bakc and soon,Dastan fell a kick at his arm.
He groaned once more before sittign up straight and rubbing at his eyes.
"What is all this commotion about?",Dastan asked.
"Remember our lady friends?",Abda asked.
"Yes?",Dastan asked already getting annoyed.
"Well,they made off with our horses.",he said.Dastan's eyes shot open and they looked over to see only Abda's horse.
"What?!",Dastan yelled and got to his feet immediately.
"And the rest of the food.",Abda said.Dastan ran over to Anahita as she cursed and kicked at the sand.
"She must have taken off while we were asleep.",Dastan muttered.
"Dastan,isn't that already obvious enough?!",Anahita yelled.
"Anahita,enough!Just go cursed and kick somewhere else.I need to find the trail to where they were headed.",Dastan said.Anahita snorted and did as he said.
Dastan thought about it for a while,until he finally got it all.
Well,if they are travellers seeking treasure.It must be long from the poor lands of the Parthian Empire and towards the Achaemenid Empire.
They will most likely stop at the closest village,though,to get supplies.That is about 25 miles from where they stand.And they must be halfway there by now.
"Umm,Dastan.",Anahita said.
"Not now,Anahita.",Dastan shushed.
"Dastan.",Abda said.
"Will you two quiet down for once?",Dastan retorted.
"Dastan!",both Anahita and Abda said in unison.
"What?!",Dastan yelled and turned to see both pointing ahead.
Soldiers!
"Well,this is not so good.",Abda said with a nervous laugh.
Sign up to rate and review this story