Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Laceration Gravity p1

Laceration Gravity p7

by dArDeViL 0 reviews

Skyler tries to help Mikey get better and Mikey loves her company. Frank joins both of them, Mikey lashes out at Frank when he makes Skyler feel bad, Skyler gets closer to Mikey and Frankie. But Mi...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-01-17 - Updated: 2011-01-17 - 1779 words

0Unrated
"Soup and crackers," I stated aloud once I walked back into the living room from upstairs.
The guys stared at me, bewildered.
"Excuse me?" Gee questioned.
"Hello! Your brother is sick. He needs to eat."
“He doesn't want to," Gee retorted. “I’ve been checking on him.”
"Well, I got him to change his mind.”
"Okay well...there's stuff in the kitchen."
Gerard waved in the direction of the kitchen and I rolled my eyes as I walked past him.

Some nice big brother he was. He didn’t even lend a hand or point specifically to where anything was. If this was still about the jacket incident I was sorry. It wasn’t like I forcefully made Mikey take off his jacket and give it to me. But you still accepted it.

I frowned as I rummaged through all the cabinets until I found the soup and crackers. I then found a can of 7Up in the fridge and smiled as I poured it in a glass. Once I had all of the items, I found a tray to put them on and take up to Mikey’s room. As a finishing touch I added a couple napkins and a straw to the tray.

"That was fast." a voice from behind me said.
I titled my head and saw that it was Ray.
"Yeah, well, I guess that’s just the kind of person I am," I responded simply, quickly so I could hurry up and bring the tray up to Mikey.
"Look, I just wanted to say that you don’t have to worry about Gerard. He's just having a bad day and he’s real stressed. We haven’t been able to practice since Monday and our big gig is tomorrow.”

I guess I expected as much, but still.

“I understand. Thanks for the heads up,” I replied as I grabbed the tray and walked out of the kitchen and back up to Mikey’s room.

"Here you go, Mikey," I said in a sweet, cheery voice in an attempt to make him feel better.

I set the tray down on his nightstand.

"Thank you, Skeye," Mikey mumbled gently.

I sighed and sat at the edge of Mikey’s bed.

“You’re very welcome, Mikey,” I began, “but I feel I should tell you something.”
“What?” he asked curiously.
“That name- nickname- Skeye. I don’t really like it all too much. At least, I don’t want everyone calling me that. It just- it reminds me of my ex. He gave me that nickname and he’s a jerk.”
“Oh, I’m sorry. I won’t use it then.”
I shook my head and said, “No, it’s fine. But only you can call me that from now on, alright?”
Mikey smiled widely and replied, “You got it.”
“Okay well, finish you food and I’ll be downstairs with the guys.”

He nodded and I left his room before bounding down the stairs and entering the living room again.

This time Frank was with the rest of the guys and greeted me warmly.
"Hey, Skyler!"
"Hey, Frankie!" I greeted effervescently.
"Guys, how come you guys didn't tell me she was here?" Frank inquired.
"It’s okay, I'm just here to take care of Mikey."
"Why?" Frank sounded jealous as well as curious.
"Because he's sick," I pointed out, then shrugged. “So, do you guys want to hang out or do something?” I asked curiously.
"Nah," Gerard said.
“Not really up to doing stuff,” Ray agreed.

They were all acting weird around me because of what happened except for Frank so I ran back upstairs to Mikey’s room and to the only person I felt truly got me and wanted my presence.

"Frankie's here,” I announced when I made it back into Mikey’s room, “and the rest of the guys seem to hate me, excluding you and Frank, of course."
"What?!” Mikey questioned. “They don't hate you," he protested.
“You have to get better and play bass for the gig tomorrow or they will- all of them.” They were already giving me an awkward cold shoulder sort of treatment and I’d hate to see that escalade.
“Skyler, I can’t just-,”

Mikey was cut off by Frank coming into the room.

“Hey, Mikey,” he replied happily before he turned to me. “So this is where you took off to,” he mused.

Frankie smiled at me assuredly as if he knew something was wrong and that- the look on his face along with everything else- made me feel like bursting into tears, but I knew I couldn’t, wouldn’t. At this point I’m sure even Mikey could tell that something was wrong and bothering me.

Frank was the first to react and moved his arms out toward me. I tried not to let my tears fall as I walked into his arms.

"Oh, Frankie, thanks for being you. Thanks for being my friend," I mumbled into his chest.
"No problem, sweetheart. I'm here to help," Frank replied kissing the top of my head. “That’s what friends are for.”
"I'm your friend, too," Mikey retorted, breaking the short silence.
I smiled and said, "I know you are Michael and I love both of you for that."
"Yeah and besides, Mikey, you're sick so it's not like she can get all extra close to you anyways," Frank pointed out.
"Fine," Mikey muttered, obviously disappointed.
“But,” I began, “once you get better I’ll give you all the hugs you want.”
Mikey smiled widely and replied, “I’m going to hold you to that.”

There was a brief moment of comfortable silence before Frank gazed at me and broke it.

“I think they’re probably acting weird- Gerard, Ray, and Bob- because they don’t want to miss the gig,” Frank stated very matter-of-factly. Thus confirming my assumptions and making me feel even worse.
“Frankie!” Mikey said angrily.
“No, he’s right,” I murmured in agreement, “they’re right.”
Mikey shook his head profusely and burst, “Like hell they are!” He then turned his anger on Frank and added, “You’re wrong, Frank! It’s me! All me! I chose to let Skeye borrow my jacket and I chose not to wear it on my way back. Skyler put it back on me once she was done using it, but I took it off shortly after. Totally MY fault!” Mikey then calmed down long enough to breathe normally and glare at Frank before saying one last thing. “So back off.”

Frank barely let Mikey’s words faze him as he put his arm around me. And in doing so, I shuddered. Frankie then removed his arm quickly and said, “So it is true.”
“What is?” I asked, annoyed when I caught the accusation in Frank’s voice.
“Gee told us that physical contact irks you,” Frank explained.
I rolled my eyes and stepped away from Frankie.
“I’m just not used to it,” I retorted simply.

Frank gazed at me for a quick second before slinking his arm around me once more.
This time I didn’t flinch. Guess that was either because I was getting used to him and more comfortable, or due to the fact that I knew and saw what he was going to do. As for Mikey, though, I had always been comfortable around him. With him I didn’t flinch at all and I wondered why that was.

As if he could read my mind, Mikey remarked, “She doesn’t flinch when I touch her.” And by the way he said it I could tell he was very proud of that fact.
“We’re here for you, okay, Skeye?” Frank asked softly while totally disregarding and ignoring what Mikey had just said, as well as changing the topic at the same time.
“My name’s Skyler!” I snapped.
“Hey, it’s only a nickname,” Frank said defensively.
I sighed loudly and Mikey looked like he was going to intercede until I spoke up.
“Fine. But only you two can call me that from now on. Got it?”

They both nodded furiously.

“Well, I’d better be going home now.” I no longer felt like being around this somewhat gloomy atmosphere with a majority that seemed mad at me. “Get better, Mikey,” I said as I walked up to his bedside and placed a kiss on his forehead. “Bye.”
“See you later,” he replied softly, breathlessly.
“Bye, Skeye,” Frank said as he gave me a tight hug.

Once again, I didn’t flinch or shudder. I hugged him back and smiled once more at the two boys before heading out of the room, back down the stairs, and out of the Way residence.

As soon as I reached home I ran up to my room, plopped down on my bed, and stared up angrily at the ceiling. At least I could think somewhat clearly when I was here, on my own; and not around conflicting energy. Here, no one could bother me.

I wished for death and disappearance, but life never granted me what I wanted.

The whole getting Mikey sick incident was tearing me apart inside. I hated myself. I didn’t need that kind of anger channeled toward me… but it was nothing compared to what I’d have to face on Monday.


I awoke quickly and quietly, my alarm clock never ringing, and got dressed.

I made my regular route to school and coincidentally met up with Frankie again.

“Hey, Frank,” I replied cheerfully.
“Hello, Skeye.” He smiled in return.
“So how did the gig go?” I was afraid to hear the answer if it was a no- to hear that they didn’t do, couldn’t because Mikey was sick.
Frank sighed and said, “It didn’t. Mikey’s worse and Gee is very disappointed. I’d stay clear of him if I were you but it’s your choice.”

Now I felt extremely bad. Especially because I was proven that being hopeful never guaranteed shit.

“I’m so sorry, Frankie,” I replied sincerely.
“It’s okay, Skeye. There’ll be other chances. And I still have my other band, Pencey Prep.”
“Oh,” I responded, “right. I forgot.”
I still felt bad though.
“It’ll be fine. I promise,” Frank assured me as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded, ignoring the internal shudder, and instantly believed him.

“Alright, well, I’ll see you after school, Frankie,” I retorted as we reached our parting point.
“Okay, bye.”
“Bye,” I replied lastly before I headed in my own direction and walked away from Frankie.

dArDeViL™
Sign up to rate and review this story