Categories > Original > Drama > Vampires Of The Past

Chapter Five

by _Kira_ 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-02-04 - Updated: 2011-02-05 - 1160 words

0Unrated
Soon,it got dark and Jackie made her way back home with Bonita.
Once they got there,Jackie hurried with Bonita to her room and set her down on the bed.
"Bonita,I want you to answer me something.",Jackie said.
"What?",Bonita asked.
"That man that talked with me.Do you know who he is?",Jackie asked.
"He's the guy that scared me.",Bonita cried.
"Why did he scare you?"
"I don't know.I asked him to play with me and he got mad.",Bonita said with a frown.
"Well,what did he say when he got mad?",Jackie asked.
"Well,he said he had to be somewhere and to go play with my mommy.Then he asked for my name.And then he asked me if I was a vampire.And-"
"Wait,what?",Jackie cut her off.
"He asked me if I was a vampire.",Bonita repeated.Jackie sighed and looked away from Bonita in thought.
"That's what I thought you said.",Jackie muttered.

The next day,Jackie had started to walk around,hoping to bump into Sam.
Unfortunately,no luck.
"Why do we keep walking?",Bonita asked licking onto another lollipop.
"Sorry.Does your feet hurt?",Jackie asked looking down at her.
"No,I just hate walking.Why can't I pop around?",Bonita whined.
"Bonita,you're in a place where everybody in the neighborhood can see you.You cannot just pop around.",Jackie explained.
"This sucks.",Bonita muttered.
"Jackie,right?"
Jackie turned to see the friend of Sam's that she met.
"Umm,hi..."
"Michael.",he introduced and shook her hand.Bonita had run off somewhere,most likely distracted.
"So,have you seen Sam lately?",Jackie asked.
"I see him everyday.He's like a brother.",Michael answered.
"Do you know where I can find him?"
"Either down at the warehouse,or jusr roaming around.",Michael said with a shrug,Bonita ran past them with a squeal."Cute kid.",Michael murmured.
"Thanks.Are you sure?",Jackie said.
"Yeah."
"Okay...where is the warehouse?"

Sam sat in the old,abandoned warehouse just thinking.
About everything...including Jackie.
"Hey."
Sam turned to see just that person.
"Why are you here?",he asked standing up quickly.
"What a nice greeting you have there.",Jackie said walking slowly towards him,holding her hands tightly together.
"Sorry.It's just...you're not supposed to be here.",Sam murmured.
"So,what were you doing?Sulking?Not so manly.",Jackie joked.
"Just thinking.So,who told you?"
"Michael.Says you're like a brother.Must be close.",Jackie said stopping a few feet in front of him.
"Yeah,I guess.So,did you need something?",Sam asked.
"I wanted to talk to you.About yesterday.About Bonita.",Jackie said.
"Bonita?The kid?",Sam asked.
"Yeah.The little girl.So,she told me what happened."
"Look,I'm sorry.Just in a bad mood.I don't think that's a reason to come and talk with me.",Sam quickly defended.
"It's not really about that.It's about what you said to her."
Sam stayed silent for a moment.Jackie stared at him for a while before continuing.
"She told me you told her that you needed to be somewhere.Then she said you asked her for her name.Then...if she's a vampire?Excuse me if I think it's weird,but I am pretty sure you don't ask a little,innocent girl like Bonita that.",Jackie said in a bit of a strained voice.
She was forcing herself.If not,she'd be running out of the place screaming for her life.
Sam sighed and crossed his arms,looking down.Then back at Jackie with a glare that made her tremble.
"Jackie,do you really think anybody can ask a little girl that?Are you sure the little girl wasn't just making up some stories.All I did was give her a little fight,and made on my way.",Sam said in a now serious voice.
"I may have known Bonita for a little while.But I am pretty sure she wouldn't lie to me.",Jackie defended back.
"Jackie.You don't know anybody long enough to tell if they're lying or telling the truth.",Sam said with a small grin.
"Let me tell you here,that that does not make any sense.Well,at least not to me.Sam,all I want to know is why you asked Bonita if she's a vampire.",Jackie said crossing her arms.
Sam walked closer to her.And closer,and closer until he was not even an inch away from her.
Jackie could feel herself go red and burn up,and gulped loudly.
"Jacqueline Swan,understand that I said nothing like that to the girl.Just because I look like a scary person,it does not mean I am one.",Sam said in a low voice talking low enough for her to hear.
Jackie stared at him in both fear,but shock.
This was surely not the Sam she knew years ago.The guy she had to leave.
Sam smirked and turned away letting Jackie let out a deep breath she held in.
"I think I'm just gonna go now.",Jackie said and quickly spun around making her way out.
But before she could,Sam called her.She stopped and turned back,her face obviously of fear.
"How about next time we see eachother,we make it a good meeting?",Sam called out.
Jackie bit her lip and without answering,she quickly broke into a run away from the warehouse.
Away from Sam...
"There will be another meeting?"
Sam turned to see Lin walking towards him,her arms crossed with a serious face.
"Yes,there will.Jackie has come back and I've always had a liking for her.",Sam said sitting back down.
"Sam,that girl is going to find out who you are.WHAT you are.",Lin warned him.
He looked up at her with annoyance.
"Lin,worry about yourself.I'll worry about myself.Just go find Michael.",Sam said and stood up,walking away from her.
Lin watched as he did in pure anger.
Then she disappeared.

Jackie sat down on her bed with a loud breath.
She wondered if it was really necessary to keep running thought she was far from the warehouse.
"Where were you?",Bonita asked walking in the room with another lollipop.
Jackie wiped the sweat off of her forehead and gave a smile.
"You keep eating those lollipops and you'll get cavities.",Jackie said.Bonita shook her head.
"I'm a vampire.I don't get cavities."
Jackie gave Bonita a questionable look,still smiling.
"What'd you say?",Jackie aske.d
"I'm a vampire.I don't get cavities.",Bonita said and skipped off to the mirror to look at herself.
Jackie had frozen,though.
Completely.
She stared ahead.And just stared.Her eyes wide,her mouth no longer in a smile,but in a O shape.
Her body had turned into stone.
Vampire?Was that really what Bonita just said??
Vampire??
Sign up to rate and review this story