Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Kids.

School

by lisahaiditorak 0 reviews

Jared is going to school without Shannon.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-02-20 - Updated: 2011-02-20 - 1604 words

1Ambiance
As the black car stopped in front of the school Jared looked out of the window. The guys that hated him and Shannon was waiting by the tree. Like always, but they always gave up the fight when Shannon gave them the look, you know the “look”. “I’m going to die today mom. I love you.” He sighed and jumped out of the car. Constance laughed; “You are strong my boy, you will do fine!” She watched his ten year old son walk towards the school. She smiled and drove back home to Shannon.


Jared could see them in the corner of his eye. He walked faster and almost ran when they came after him. “Fuck!” He started to run when then almost grabbed his backpack. “Come here you son of a bitch!” the oldest boy, Harvey ran after him. But Jared ran faster. “My mom is not a bitch, jerk!” Jared shouted and ran into his classroom and closed the door fast and Harvey almost crashed in it. Jared gave him the middle finger and pouted. “Fuck you!” Jared read it from Harvey’s lips. They were going to kill him for real. Jared turned around and everybody in the classroom stared at him. “Jared?” Mrs. Raven looked at him with small eyes. “Sorry Mrs. Raven…” Jared walked to his seat and found his English book. “Talk too you later boy,” she said and continued whatever she was doing on the blackboard. That old woman can’t draw… he looked disappointed up at his teacher and yawned while he started to look in his book. Jared closed his eyes and suddenly it was dark, comfortable and… and… it was wonderland.

“Do you remember this?” Shannon said and pointed at the picture he had in his hands. Jared nodded and smiled. “It’s the picture when mom helped the dog from across the street. Too bad we couldn’t keep him. He was so cute!” Jared took the picture and looked at it closer. The dog on the picture was grey, with big ears. “Well, Jared. It is not a dog, it’s a wolf. Mom saved the wolf. It was lost.” Shannon laughed. It was true though. “Oh…” Jared gave Shannon the picture back and sighed. “Do you have any more pictures?” Jared asked and looked over his brother’s shoulder. “Yeah, I got one of this man, mom says it’s our father…”

“JARED!” Mrs. Raven looked at him and smashed her hand on his desk. “Come on, place Canada on the map!” she was almost spitting on him, she was furious. “I just fell asleep…” he said and tried to excuse himself. “Go and draw …. Canada on the map!” she pointed at the blackboard and dragged him up from his chair and pushed him up to the blackboard. “Draw!” and then she sat down on her desk with her arm over her chest. Everyone in the classroom was whispering and laughed. Jared tried to place Canada on the fucking map, but then he closed his eyes and started to cry. He ran out of the classroom and out in the hallway. He didn’t see Harvey that was standing behind the door. “Hey, Jared!” he shouted and when Jared turned around with red eyes he could see that he was holding a bat. Jared started running again. But this time Harvey threw the bat at Jared and he fell to the ground. He grabbed Jared’s hoodie and dragged him into the boy’s bathroom and kicked Jared on his jaw before hitting on him with the bat. “Fuck you! Fuck you!” Harvey shouted and kept on hitting Jared that was lying on the floor. “Stop it!” Jared screamed and tried to put his arms up. “Perfect little shit!” Harvey smashed the bat one more time in Jared’s stomach and then he ran out of the bathroom. After an hour of screaming and crying Jared limped out of the bathroom. He ran with pain in his whole body away from the school and he could see Harvey and his boys in one of the windows. Why did they do this? “Shannon…” Jared cried and walked home. His entire body was screaming.


Jared opened the door silent when he came home. “NO! I’m not going to the doctor. No, mom!” Shannon yelled and screamed to Constance that desperately tried to help him. “Shannon, please. I need to pick up Jared later, come on!” She threw the jacket on Shannon that was pouting. Shannon started to laugh. Jared watched them laugh together out of the situation. It was not dangerous to go to the doctor. Shannon shaked his head and then he looked at his little brother by the door. “Jared?” Shannon’s jaw dropped and he ran to his little brother and took his arms around him. Jared didn’t say anything. He just gasped and cried silently. “Oh my god Jared!” Constance ran to his son and looked at him. “Shannon, give me an icepack. It is in the fridge.” Shannon ran to the kitchen and found what he was told to find. Constance took off the hoodie and placed her hand on his bruises. “Mom, you’re cold…” Jared said and gasped more. She placed her left hand over her mouth and started to cry. “Who did this!?” Shannon’s eyes were furious. “I… I don’t want you to know.” Jared said low and looked at his mom, and then his brother. “Jared, come on. Who did this?” Shannon placed his hands on his brother’s face and looked into his blue eyes. “Har… Harvey,” Jared said and closed his eyes. Shannon didn’t say anything. But the look on his face told everything. Constance called the doctor and after some minutes the Leto brothers were at the hospital. Shannon had the stomach flu and Jared had to be home for two weeks to recover his injuries. Shannon couldn’t stop thinking about Harvey and what he would do to him when he got back at school.


Jared got on his black hoodie that actually was Shannon’s hoodie. “If you spill something on it you’re dead…” Shannon said and found his GameBoy. “He is only borrowing it.” Constance said and sighed. She looked tired and so did Jared. “How are you Shannon?” Constance lifted Jared, who was now asleep, in to the car. Shannon opened the door and jumped in. “I’m better.” He said quiet and smiled. “School tomorrow?” she asked and started the car. “I want to be with Jared…” he said and looked back at his little brother and smiled at him. “It’s okay…” Constance understood that Shannon wanted to be with his brother now. “Is he going to die?” Shannon asked out of the blue. “What? No, Shannon. He just had a broken rib and some really big bruises. He is not going to die.” She smiled and stroked some of Shannon’s hair back. “I love you and your brother Shannon. Never doubt it.” She said and then they drove home. It had started to snow a little. But Shannon didn’t smile this year over the snow. He was worried. Jared was still asleep when they came home. Shannon walked to his bedroom and jumped to bed. He wandered off to wonderland.


“Our father?” Jared asked and looked closely at the picture. “Yeah, he is our father.” Shannon pointed at the skinny man, with brown eyes and he had long hair. “He looks like a hippie!” Jared laughed. Shannon smiled and looked at the picture one more time. He didn’t like it. He never knew his father. And why did Jared have blue eyes, when Constance and Shannon had brown. And brown is dominant. Mom, dad and Shannon, but not Jared…


Shannon woke up suddenly and gasped after air. “MOM!?” he shouted in the dark. He could hear that she ran down the stairs and came into his room. “What is it?” She looked around in the room and found the light switcher. “Why does Jared have blue eyes, when you and dad had brown and I have brown?” he looked anxious at his mother that started to laugh. “My mom and dad…” she continued. “They had both blue eyes. But my dad had some blue around the brown and if you look closer at my eyes, I also have some blue at the end of the color.” She smiled. “But…” Shannon looked at her eyes closer. “Oh…” he smiled and started to laugh. “Go back to sleep darling.” She kissed him on his forehead and then she went upstairs again. Shannon places his feet on the floor and went on tiptoe over to Jared’s room. He opened the door carefully and closed it. “Jared?” he whispered. “How are you?” Shannon asked and walked towards the bed. “I would love a glass of cold water…” Jared turned on the light. “Dude! You look like a zombie!” Shannon pointed at him and laughed. “Well, I don’t like the medicine…” Jared yawned and smiled. “I’ll get water.” Shannon ran to the bathroom and found a glass and filled it. He walked back and Jared was sleeping again. “I’ll just place it right here…” Shannon placed it on the side table and smiled to his little brother before he lay down beside him. “I’ll be here Jared. I’ll watch your back,” Shannon whispered and fell asleep beside his brother. He was thinking about his little brother more than Jared was able to know.
Sign up to rate and review this story