Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Friends in Holy Places

Chapter 4

by Qball 0 reviews

Brendon has abandoned his past, will he ever truly escape it?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2011-04-17 - Updated: 2011-04-18 - 363 words - Complete

0Unrated
As the suns rays crept over the ship, they revealed a ship abuzz with activity, and a changed Brendon. As crew members hustled around deck getting ready for arrival at Galveston.

Brendon stood at the stern watching the wake of the ship in the early light. He smiled watching two crew members wrestling a heavy crate to the lower deck, " You fellas sure start workin' early in the morning" he chuckled, "Aye sir" the shorter of the tow men said in a heavy Irish accent " must get everything ready for unloadin' in Galveston". "I see, you fella's wouldn't happen to know when we'll arrive?" he asked pulling a pocket watch from his vest "Oh aye sir in just under an hour" the crewman answered just as the look out cried "land ho!" "well mister I guess my timings a bit off" the crewman chuckled. "thank you all the same!" Brendon said turning toward the stern awaiting the ships horn to sound, signaling it was safe to disembark.

He didn't wait long, soon he was the alone on deck with just one other passenger, the two men met eyes and nodded an acknowledment of the other. Both moved for the gangplank, the stranger allowing Brendon to pass down the plank first, at the bottom of the plank stood a stunning blonde woman in a flowing black dress "Brendon?" she shouted "yes Clara it's me" he whispered to his mourning sister-in-law " I'm so sorry about Eudoura" they both said in near unison, Brendon took her hand and led her away from the dock.

They left the docks hand in hand together but alone in their mourning "Brendon?" Clara whispered after they had walked some distance "who is the man that has been following us? He came off the ship behind you" Brendon glanced behind them "I was hoping to wait until we got to your house, but now seems as good a time as any..." he said stopping and motioning the other man to come closer. "Clarabell Watson, I would like you to meet my good friend" he smiled " Uh Ryan, Ryan Ross" the stranger said flashing a smile that melted Clara and Brendons hearts.
Sign up to rate and review this story