Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Surprise!

Surprises and More Surprises

by Chatty_Pants 7 reviews

It'd Theresa's birthday and she's getting lots of surprises, but the last one she can do without.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-05-28 - Updated: 2006-05-29 - 1644 words

1Exciting
Theresa sat in bed thinking of what the others may be talking about. She still hadn't found out and today was the best day of the year for her, it was her birthday and the team's anniversary. She was seventeen today and she hoped that everyone remembered. The past to days were fun but today was special. She had had lots of fun with Jay, after all, who wouldn't enjoy them with your secret crush. They had gone for jogs in the park, had gone shopping together, they had even went to the fair. Best of all, it was just them, doing these thing together, ALONE! Today Jay was taking her to see a movie, her choice. She still hadn't decided but she thought she knows which one. Theresa fell backwards into her well-made bed. She sighed happily to herself, "I hope today will never end."
Someone suddenly knocked on her door and a muffled voice said, "Theresa I love you."
Her heart was pounding against her chest as she asked, "What?"
"I said, Theresa are you ready yet?"
"Just a second Jay!" she yelled through the door.
She shook her head and muttered to herself about going crazy enough to start hearing things but, then again, she was in love. She quickly brushed her hair and opened the door to let Jay in. He was just as handsome as ever with the sunlight from her window streaming down on his face. The faint scent of Axe drifted around her room. She never did like the smell of it but it smelt just divine on him.
"So have you decided on which movie you want to see?"
"Yeah. How about we go and see the new Simpsons Movie. It's supposed to be really good."
"Okay then let's go then. After you," he responded gently.
"Thanks," she said while giving off a faint smile.
"Do you want to drive or walk? It's a really nice day out."
"Let's drive. We'll take my car>"
"Can I drive or will you."
"Hmm, let's see. No, yeah why not. You can drive it as a special privilege because I'm in a really good mood today," she answered cheerfully.
"Yes. Just let me go and get my wallet," Jay said as he ran to his room.


"That was a funny movie!" Theresa giggled as they left the theater.
"That it was, that it was. So... do you want to go home now or do you want to wait a bit?"
"Let's go home now. I want to take a shower."
Theresa was getting disappointed. Jay hadn't even remembered her birthday yet and the day was almost over.
"I just remembered that..."
"That what?" Theresa asked getting hopeful.
"That today is the day that the Edmonton Oliers play against the Calgary Flames for the Stanley Cup," Jay finished.
"N-no-o thanks. I-I'll just go to my room," Theresa cried on the verge of tears.
She ran almost crying into the living room. Jay was running after her calling out her to wait. She turned around sharply as her tears were just about to burst free. She was just about to yell at him when the next thing she knew she was in Jay's arms. He was stroking her back and telling her that he was sorry. He finally got her to look up at him and he was smiling at her.
"Just come into the living room with me and you'll feel happier than you've felt this week," Jay told her warmly.
"I don't know, the past few days were a blast but then again you forgot something really important," she said teasingly.
"Oh did I? I don't think so,"
They walked into the living room when a shout went across the room.
"Surprise! Happy Birthday Theresa!" everyone yelled.
Theresa's emerald green eyes widened in shock at everything that just happened.
"Is all of this for me?" she asked incredulously.
"Of course it is silly. Who else could this all be for?" Atlanta teased her best friend.
"Now open up the presents!" Herry yelled.
"Yeah open them up!"
"Presents, presents, presents!" everyone shouted as the cheer went across the room.
"Okay fine. Who's first?"
No one answered. They all sat there looking at each other ad crossing their fingers hoping that it was going to be them.
"Okay. Atlanta you can go first."
Atlanta walked up smugly and handed Theresa her present. "This one's from both Archie and I. Hope you like it."
Theresa tore off the red wrapping paper and a brand new book of spells lay in her hands.
"Thank you so much Archie and Atlanta! It's wonderful," Theresa remarked as she lay the sleek black book down beside her. Herry passed his green badly wrapped present to Theresa. She opened it up and a new red, miniature punching bag was in the floor on top of the shiny book.
"It's really nice Herry. Thanks. I'll use it tonight."
Herry smiled shyly and mumbled a quiet you're welcome.
"Three down, three to go!" she giggled. "Odie you're next,"
He placed a bagged package in front of her and walked away. Once Theresa opened it her eyes once again widened in surprise when she saw it.
"Wow! Thanks Odie it's perfect," she exclaimed. Neil than walked up and handed her his present. He walked back with a superior look on his face. Theresa opened the bag which had Neil's face on it and dryly stated, "A scented bath set. It's just what I always wanted. Thanks Neil it's really nice."
"I knew you'd love it. After all, it is a gift from the gorgeous Neil,"
"Uh uh," Theresa stated rolling her eyes. But her smile quickly returned as she announced that it was Jay's turn. He gave her his present and sat down next to her. She stared at the small golden wrapped present in wonder. After staring at it for a couple of seconds longer she gasped. In her hands lay a garnet heart necklace. It was her birthstone. The small heart was attached to a braided golden chain. She was absolutely speechless and so was everyone else in the room. Jay sat there frowning.
"You don't like it," he said questioningly.
"Of course I don't like it," Theresa began. Jay stood up and was about ready to leave the room when she finished her sentence. "I love it! It's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Theresa cried as she hugged Jay around the neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Everyone in the room smirked as Jay was flushing while putting the necklace around Theresa's slim, white neck.
The rest of the party was the usual. Cake, games, dancing, ex cetera... Later that night they all agreed to go the fair and try out the haunted corridors. Even Odie, but he was skeptical about it until the others kept bugging him about it unless he went. Fifteen minutes later they arrived and paid the price to enter. The inside was somewhat spooky and gruesome. There were bones everywhere on the floor and there was fake blood on the walls. It didn't scare anyone but it put a chill down Theresa's spine.
"It's just like my dream," Theresa thought as they walked further in. She grabbed Jay's hand and started to walk on. It was really dark so you couldn't see what was going on. Soon they came to a fork. Jay, Neil, and Theresa took the left fork while Archie, Herry, Atlanta, and Odie took the right. Jay and the others were walking along when they came to another fork. Theresa wanted to go alone this time down the right fork while the others went straight. Jay wasn't too happy about this but he just let it go by after all, she could defend herself if anything happened. They, Jay and Theresa, promised to meet up at the exit and went their separate ways.
Theresa was waking along with her hand against the wall so she wouldn't miss a turn. She was almost out when somebody hit her hard in the head. She collapsed and everything went blacker.
Meanwhile, at the exit, Jay and the others were waiting for Theresa to come out so they could leave. Jay was getting very worried so he told the others that he was going to go back in and find her. He took the flashlight that Odie handed him headed back in. He turned at the fork where Theresa went and walked on farther. He kept the flashlight shining on the ground because he didn't want to miss anything. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw something red on the ground. He inspected it closer and to his horror he found out that it was blood.
"Fresh blood too," he thought. A couple of feet away lay a dirty envelope. He picked up the used to be white envelope and opened it. He took the letter out and read it. He gasped in dismay as he dropped it to the ground. In his mind he was still going through what the letter had said.
Meet me at 1:30 tonight in front of the old school building. Come alone. Don't bring any of your no good friends along or else poor, dear Theresa might be celebrating her last birthday ever!
Something slid from the envelope and fell landing on the ground with a soft thud. Still in shock, Jay picked it up wondering if what he read was true. Once he saw what it was his fears were confirmed. It was Theresa's necklace.

Sorry it took me so long to update but I just found out that I update faster on school nights. This is probably my favorite chapter and I hope that you like it. Please rate and review.
Sign up to rate and review this story