Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > aa The World's Unfair

Up-rooting

by drpeterick 0 reviews

Moving day is this saturday - nervous!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-07 - Updated: 2011-08-07 - 1346 words

0Unrated
JAKE'S P.O.V

Me and Mikey were sitting on the couch in my house making out when we heard floorboards. I hadn't told my mom about us yet, but I think she already knew. Mom turned the corner and Came over to hug us both. I'm really glad her and Mikey got along. My mom was the one who'd always been there for me all my life. I wasn't sure about Mikey's family - he never talked about them. I thought now was as good as time as any to fill mom in on the situation. I looked sideways at Mike and he gave me a little nod.
'Hey mom can we tell you something?'
'Well of course dear! It's not bad is it?'
I hope she doesn't think it it. That would be bad.
'Look um, i'm not sure if you already know this but me and Mikey are kind of uh... dating'
Why did I say that like a question???
'Oh. Well, I sort of expected that. Don't worry about a thing sweetheart. You'll allways be my baby and nothing can change that.'
'You'll still be saying that when i'm forty, won't you?'
'Yes I will! Love you honey'
'you too ma'
I heard Mikey 'Aawwww' from behind me. Mom stood up and took me in a bear hug. She did the same for Mikey.
'Now listen sweetie, if you ever hurt my pumpkin, you will die, do you hear me?' She said it in such a sweet voice I was a little scared, I won't lie.
'Yes ma'am. Don't worry - I wouldn't let anyone hurt him including me!' She smiled into my neck as she took me into another hug.
'I know you won't' she said quietly. 'Well' she straightened herself up as she pulled away 'I guess you can call me mom now!' We laughed and he sat back down next to me but then his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID - it was Zack.
How did Zack get MY Mikey's number? He excused himself and went to answer it. I was angry but then remembered I hadn't told my mom about it.
'Oh mom there's one other thing!'
'Yes dear?'
Now I was really scared thinking of what she'd say about us going to LA. I tried to explain it as nicely and best as I could, but she still looked a little deflated.
'Well, you're old enough to make your own life decisions now and I can't stand in the way of that. Does everyone else's parent's know? Ooh I'll go call them. Has Mikey told his?'
'Uh I don't think so, he never really talks about them'
'Oh well that's ok i'm sure he will'
She kissed my forehead and went into the kitchen and called Craig's mom on the house phone. I decided to hear what Mikey was talking to stupid Zack about. He was in the dining room with his back to the door. It was slightly cracked so I could see him leaning on the back of a chair with one hand.
'Saturday? THIS Saturday? Well yeah but... Ok. I'll tell everyone. What? Yeah I am actually but I have a boyfreind, sorry man. Um, I'm not gonna leave him for you bro - That's bad. No I don't want to at all! I love Jake with all my heart. Ok you know what i'm gonna give you Craig's number - he makes all the decisions anyway. No actually, if you're going to talk to me like this then I won't answer my phone when you ring.'
There was silence for a minute.
' ...You can't do that. You're gonna fuck up our future because I won't go out with you?!'
Mikey walked around to the other side of the table and sat down, not looking up. He put his head on the table and listened to what was coming from down the phone.
'If I go on one date with you, will you please just do everything you said you were going to do? Ok then. Where d'you want to go? Ok fine. meet me there tomorow at 5. Bye.'
He clapped the phone shut and breathed a heavy sigh. I walked in and sat down opposite him.
'Baby if for the good of the band then I don't mind' I said.
He looked up and sighed again.
'You know I really hate this guy now, right?'
'Yeah. So do I. I knew he'd try something like this though.' I confessed.
'You did?'
'Yeah, he was totally checking you out the whole time we were there even though we were holding hands.'
'What a douchebag.'
'Mmm... but I also saw you checking him out while we were there.'
I knew i'd caught him. And I knew he felt bad so I decided not to make it any worse.
'It's ok baby, I don't mind. As long as you don't fuck the guy' I said smiling.
'Babe i'm really really sorry, I didn't even realise I was doing it.'
I walked round and put my arms round his neck and kissed the side of his head.
'You idiot.' I murmered into his hair.
He chuckled and hugged me.

It was Tuesday. We'd just got back from school and Mikey came in for a bit to change. He basically lived here now, but mom didn't mind. Alison had actually been pretty great about me being gay. She seemed a little disappointed over losing Mikey though. That amused me. He threw on some old stuff saying he didn't want to look nice for that prick, but he looked great in eveything he wore. That boy should model I thought as he undressed in front of me. Woah he has a back tattoo!
'Hey what's that?' I said not being able to take my eyes off it. There were two now he walked over to me and I could see better. One was on his lower back on the right side and read, Janet. The other was a pattern on the back of his shoulder.
'Who's Janet?' I asked, thinking it was an old girlfriend. He told me he used to be bi.
'It's uh, my mom'
'Aww that's so sweet!' I said kind of relieved. He walked back over to the dresser and continued looking for his 'disgusting gross shirt' that he only wore around people he hated.
'You never talk about your family'
'That's because there's no family to talk about.'
Shit.
'Fuck i'm sorry'
'It's cool baby.'
I was afraid to ask, but I really wanted to know.
'What happened to them?'
'Well, my mom died when I was 14. And my dad's still alive but we don't really see eye to eye.'
'Oh.'
'Yeah. It's a pretty sad story.'
He was talking in a low, solemn voice i'd never heard before. But something made me want to press on.
'So... what happened?'
He walked over and sat next to me - still shirtless.
'Um, car accident.' He was silent for a minute. 'I don't really like to talk about my family. It really depressing.'
He went back to looking for his shirt and I layed back on the bed.
'AHA!'
'Got it?'
'Yep! And it's got stains down it - perfect!'
He threw it on and skipped over to me, running a hand up my leg making me giggle. He lay on top of me and kissed my lips. He moved down to the cave in my neck under my adam's apple and put his hand over my crotch. I looked at the clock.
'Baby it's 5 to!'
He turned to look at the clock too.
'SHIT!' he yelled and we ran down the stairs and said goodbye at the door. He jumped into his car and sped to the coffee shop down the road.
Sign up to rate and review this story