Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(7) Moving In

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Scream marathon! -Mild spoilers for scream- I don't really give anything away persay but I put that just in case.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-23 - 1364 words - Complete

0Unrated
“I can not believe how that ended.” I said, surprised in a pleasant way. I love when horror flicks have twists like that and the movie was just now coming to an end leaving Brendon and I surprised.

Brendon nodded. “That was excellent!”

I stretched out, trying to wake myself up from movie-mode. Whenever I went in to a dark theater it made me slightly sleepy. I, of course, paid attention through out the whole film but it left me with residual comfort though it was a bit chilly.

“Want to come back to my place?” Brendon asked, turning his attention to me. I was about to protest and he noticed. “Not for any funny business… I give you my word. I just figured we could have a Scream marathon. It would be fun after this.”

It actually would be. Hesitation struck me though. I had school tomorrow so I felt the need to get home early. Then again it was late so my mother was probably throwing a party with a new guy which would keep me from being able to get any sleep anyway. “Sounds fun.” I agreed, noticing Brendon’s face light up with happiness.

Brendon decided that he needed to go to the store beforehand so that he could have suitable snacks even though he had just had enough candy at the theater to make a normal persons stomach explode so we had compromised and he had dropped me off at my house while he ran to the store.

As I quietly walked in to my house I heard voices and strained. Sure enough there was a guy’s voice and my mother giggled. I went to my bedroom, trying to make as little noise as possible. I didn’t want to deal with this right now.

I grabbed my purse off of my chair and stuffed a clean outfit inside without thinking too much about it. It was just a precaution in case I ended up sleeping at Brendon’s. It would be a lot better than coming back to the despair my mother radiated when sleeping with random guys. I knew it didn’t make her happy. Even though we didn’t get along I felt pity for her. I knew that every night she was looking for love, hoping ‘he’ would be the one but that never happened. The hangover ended up lasting longer than the guy and it killed her.

Then I also grabbed my bag for school with all my books and homework inside. I definitely wouldn’t leave that. Then I was done and I quietly snuck out of my room and out of the house that I felt condemned to for the time being. Even for a night every now and then escape felt good.

Brendon’s car was sitting out front and he was watching me approach, smiling at me. He had a beautiful smile. He needed to find a girl worthy of it and waste it there. I couldn’t play with hearts to please anyone. I didn’t know how to get over my mothers heart break. It seemed as if I had taken the pain as my own while she threw it out and took guy after guy as a method of evicting the truth.

“Moving in?” Brendon asked, looking at my book bag and purse as I threw them in to the back of his car.

“Don’t get your hopes up.” I stated. “A scream marathon will take awhile and it’s already late so I figured I might fall asleep. If I do then I need my things for school tomorrow.”

Brendon laughed. “I figured you’d just skip but I keep forgetting I’m dealing with a nerd.”

“Get enough food to feed a village?” I asked, ignoring his comment.

He did have quite a few bags in the back of his car now. “I didn’t know what you liked and I like a lot of things so between the two of us it equaled that.” Brendon replied.

When we got to Brendon’s Ryan was standing outside. Was he always waiting for Brendon? As we got closer I saw Jon and Spencer too.

“Maybe I shouldn’t come over.” I told Brendon, feeling unsure as we carried the food and my stuff to his door.

“Chill. It’s okay to be seen with me.” Brendon said, smiling. “Hey guys! What’s up?”

Ryan took my stuff from me before I could protest and spoke to Brendon, “Just wondering what you were up to. Hadn’t heard from you all day.”

“But now that makes sense.” Jon commented, staring at me.

I glared back at him without meaning to and soon enough he was no longer staring but Spencer, Ryan and Brendon were. Thankfully then we walked inside to Brendon’s apartment and I started putting the food items away out of habit while Brendon watched me with an annoying grin plastered to his face.

“She’s moving in.” He said, in response to his friends stares of confusion.

As I put things away I glared at him and shook my head. “I’m really not. We just were going to watch some movies.”

Spencer pulled my clothing items from my purse and raised an eyebrow at me as if to challenge my denial of living with Brendon. “Why are you going through my purse?” I asked, getting annoyed at everyone in the room.

“Would you like some Midol?” Jon asked.

I stopped what I was doing and glared at him again. “I’m going to pretend you did not just say that to me. Believe me; it’s for your sake.” Then I shut my eyes as I composed myself and finished putting all the crap Brendon had gotten away.

“Nah. This is always how Kacy is.” Brendon said, grabbing my book bag and purse and taking it to his room. I assumed it was so that his friend wouldn’t go through it anymore but either way I said nothing, kind of glad to have it out of sight.

“So we have practice tomorrow.” Spencer said to Brendon.

Brendon nodded. “I’m aware of that.”

“Just wanted to make sure that you didn’t get distracted.” Jon said, seeming worried about that as he shot me a look.

I looked straight back at him. “Don’t blame me for distracting anyone… I have school tomorrow.”

“What? Brendon!” Spencer said, seeming shocked.

“I’m not that old.” Brendon complained.

“And we aren’t doing anything.” I complained, annoyed with the assumption.

“Illegal.” Spencer sang out.

I rolled my eyes and went through Brendon’s freezer to see if he had any good ice cream. Bingo! “Seriously? Amazing.” I muttered while the guys talked and I took out some mint chocolate chip ice cream and coffee ice cream, mixing it in a bowl. Delicious.

As soon as I sat down Brendon stole it from me but after one bite he looked like he would be seriously ill and handed it back, coughing as he went to the fridge for a drink to wash it away.

“That is the most disgusting ice cream I’ve ever had.” Brendon complained.

I laughed. “It’s quite yummy.” Then Spencer stole it from me and took a bite. After nodding he handed it back to me. “It is good.” He agreed.

Brendon looked at us like we were crazy and got himself a bowl of chocolate ice cream with nothing mixed in.

“Are you guys staying for the scream marathon?” I asked as I got comfortable on the couch next to Spencer and Jon. Brendon sat down on the couch next to Ryan and shook his head. “They are taking off actually.” He said, forcefully.

Spencer laughed and nodded. “Yeah we have other stuff to do.”

“Not really.” Jon said, confused until Spencer elbowed him and from there they slowly made their way to the door, saying their goodbyes.

“Well it’s good to be alone now.” Brendon said, moving to the couch that I was on. There goes any chance of lying down and watching the movie…
Sign up to rate and review this story