Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(8) Attention, Please Stop Looking At Me

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Kacy doesn't get how Brendon can put up with everyone's staring when she gets her own tiny taste of it.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-24 - 1489 words - Complete

1Insightful
The morning came and my alarm sounded from my phone notifying me that it was time to get ready for school. I groaned. “Seriously? We stayed up all night!” I complained, knowing I was going to be very tired all day. We were on the third movie but after several interruptions for food/drinks/conversation about the movie it had taken us all night and we still hadn’t finished.

“Stay.” Brendon said, stretching out from under the blanket next to me. We had laid on the couch together which was uncomfortable since couch’s are generally for one person to lay on but other than that nothing had happened.

“I can’t. And remember to be up for practice today.” I said and cursed myself, I did sound like someone who lived with him and was involved in his life. In a weird twisted way I had become involved in his life though and it really wasn’t all that bad.

Brendon laughed. “I will be. I’ll stay up until you’re off school.” He stated.

“Did we… make plans?” I asked, thinking I had forgotten something.

“I thought you’d come to practice after.” Brendon said, standing up which is when I realized he had shed his shirt at some point during the night. I had to tear my eyes away. I didn’t want to start crushing on someone based on looks. Then I’d be…. Well, Brendon.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea.” I said, walking to his bedroom to get my bag so that I could change. “I’m going to shower, if that’s okay.”

“”Of course that’s okay and why isn’t it a good idea? I think it’s a great idea!” Brendon said, following me in to the bathroom.

I turned and stared at him. “I think I can do this alone.”

He shrugged. “I’ll be out here waiting.”

**

I walked out of the bathroom to see Brendon standing in the kitchen, waiting. “Hey.” He said, smiling at me. “You look good.”

I laughed at that absurd remark. It’s not like I looked any different that I usually did and I didn’t always look good. I knew he meant to be sweet but I wish he’d look at someone else with that desire that I saw. “Thanks, I guess.” It did kind of make me feel good about myself but my bitter-ness drove it away immediately as I thought of all the other girls he had probably said that to.

“So want me to take you to school?” Brendon asked.

“Depends. Are you going to put a shirt on?” I asked.

Brendon shook his head. “Are you afraid all your classmates will get jealous?” He asked in a teasing tone.

I shrugged. “I don’t care.”

“Then no, if you don’t care then I am not going to put a shirt on. Let’s get going. What time is school out?”

I walked along behind him with my book bag as we headed to his car. “It’s out at 3:30 but I’m still not sure about going to practice. I might have plans.”

“Might?” Brendon asked, getting in his car.

“Well, and I just don’t think I should. Isn’t practice for practicing? I don’t want to get in the way of your work.” I stated, not sure how to get out of this.

“We constantly have an audience so it’s good for practice too. I’ll pick you up at 3:30.” He said, pulling up to the high school.

I gave up on arguing but as I got out of his car I noticed that a lot of girls had stopped and were staring at the bare chested Brendon. Then as he drove away their stares turned to me.

Lisa walked away from the cheerleaders she had been talking to and up to me. “He drove you to school?!?” She asked, seeming giddy as if she were vicariously living through me with Brendon.

I shrugged. “I stayed at his place last night so it seemed like the thing to do I guess. He was being nice.” I really didn’t know how to dig myself out of this hole.

Lisa seemed to shrink in sadness a little as she spoke her next words. “I’m sick of us not being friends. I miss you Kacy. I don’t care about Panic! At the disco if it means losing you.”

I smiled back at her. “I’m not going to tell you to dismiss them forever… You can like who you want. I miss you a lot too Lisa but I really don’t feel comfortable with you giving them personal information about me.”

Lisa nodded. “I understand.” And then we hugged. It was one of those overly sweet moments and yet I loved every second of it since I knew I had my friend back at the end of it.

**

School was weird all day. It started with people whispering about me and I heard Brendon’s name thrown around so I could only assume it was based on people seeing us together this morning with his shirt off. That gave a lot of people the wrong impression but aside from that it seemed like a lot of guys were looking at me in a way they hadn’t before.

There were even a few that I was sure had been flirting with me. Was that because of the rumors too?

It made me question everything about anyone that talked to me other than Lisa because none of these people showed any interest beforehand.

Lisa and I were in history together discussing it and she nodded, agreeing with me. “It probably is about you and Brendon unfortunately. I’ve heard some rumors that you guys have been going out for awhile now then I heard another rumor that you had sex with the entire band last night and there’s of course the rumor that Brendon impregnated you and now has to deal with you.”

I groaned as Lisa recounted the numerous rumors she had heard through out the day. Brendon may be use to people paying attention to him but I certainly wasn’t and I really didn’t like it. I wished that I could cancel him picking me up from school but I didn’t have his number to do so.

Then I was surprised as someone put their hand on my shoulder. At first I thought it was the principal and my face turned red as I prepared myself to get a lecture about talking in class but it turned out that the teacher had momentarily left the classroom and I hadn’t even noticed. The person with his hand on me was a football player named Alex. He was really cute and a lot of the girls in our school wanted him but we had never even had a conversation together.

“Hey Kay.” He said, smiling down at me.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion but then corrected him, “My name is Kacy.”

He nodded. “Kacy.” Rolled it around in his mouth as if he was trying to feel it out for the next time he said it. “I was wondering if you could help me with my homework tonight.”

I felt a chill go through me. I had become cool because of Brendon it seemed. “I um.” I felt around for the words to say but then realized maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I could tell Alex that I wasn’t with Brendon and that it was just a freak accident and he was popular enough to spread the rumor through out the school. “Sure.”

Alex smiled, “Thanks! How does 9 sound? I can pick you up from wherever.”

I smiled back and made my hardest attempt to seem kind. “9 sounds fine but how about I just meet you at the coffee shop near the movie theater?”

Alex nodded and then walked off, leaving Lisa to stare at me as if I were another person. “Alex?” She asked eyes wide. “Well that’s quite a catch yet usually you’d say no.”

I sighed and laid my face down on the desk to catch my breath and reassure myself that this would all be over soon. “I have a plan.” I assured her yet didn’t go in to detail as the teacher walked back in and the majority of the class groaned.

This plan just had to work. I refused to be the object of everyone’s curiosity. There were only a few more months left of school but that was still too long for me and I had to talk to Brendon. I didn’t know what he wanted but it couldn’t happen anymore. This was starting to ruin my life outside of his.
Sign up to rate and review this story