Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm not psycho.. i just like psychotic things

Welcome to the life of Gerard Way

by MyChemical_Me 8 reviews

Gerard's at the shrink.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-25 - Updated: 2011-08-25 - 1274 words

1Moving


Chapter 3.Welcome to the life of Gerard Way



Me and my mom was in the car on our way to the shrink. Shrink. Ha, crazy people talks with shrinks. That must mean I'm crazy.

"Gerard, are you listing?" I looked at my mother confused. Listing to what?

"No."

"I said that you had to answer the psychologist when he asks you something." Mom repeated.

"Oh yeah... Of course. Why wouldn't I? It's not like I don't wanna talk with him. I'm completely ecstatic about all of this!" I screamed out, making my mom jump in the seat. The rest of the ride we sat in silence.

The car stopped outside a big building, with big glass doors. I got out of the car and followed my mom inside the building. My mom walked over to a disk with a young woman behind it. The woman looked up at us.

"Can I help you?" I walked closer and looked at the name tag. Leah Tiff. I realized that she knew I was staring at her, and quickly looked away.

"Yes, my son, Gerard Way, has an appointment with Dr. Nowacain." I looked at my mom in horror as I realized that a shrink was a doctor. I hate doctors and everything that has something to do with hospitals.

"Great. Iwill let Dr. Nowacain know that you are here. Please take a seat while you are waiting." She smiled and picked up the phone. Probably too call the Dr. Ifollowed my mom over to the chairs standing up against the wall. My mom picked up a magazine and started reading.

"Mr. Way, Dr. Nowacain is ready for you now. Please follow me." Leah said. I stood up and followed after Leah down the hall. While walking, I studied Leah's body. She was about 5'5 high, with long black hair. Her eye was big and blue. We stopped outside a door, which Leah knocked on and then opened.

"Doctor, this is Gerard." I looked around in the room. It was big and white. There was adisk placed in the back of the room and some chairs. Pictures on the wall, which most of all looked like something a 2 year old had made. Then I turned my gaze too look at Dr. Nowacain. My guess is that he was around 35 years old. He definitely didn't looked like any other doctor I knew.

"Thank you, Leah." Nowacain said before turning his attention to me.

"Nice to meet you, Gerard. I'm Dr. David Nowacain, but please just call me David." He reached out to shake my hand, but I didn't put my hand forward. He looked at me and gestured for me to take a seat. He himself sat behind the disk.

"Do you know why you are here, Gerard?" He asked. I shook my head as responds.

"Then let me tell you why. This morning I got a call from your mother, she was very upset. She told me that your behavior have changed in the last couple of weeks, to the worse. She also told me that you have been doing self-harming in the form of cutting yourself. She didn't know what was going on and wanted to get you help. That is why you are here now." He finished.

"I'm not sick." I said while looking him in the eyes. He smiled lightly.

"I am not saying that you are. But let's make your mother happy, nothings worse than aworried mom." He now smiled fully at me. I looked at him smiling a bit myself.

"Fine. What do you wanna know?" I asked him. If I just collaborate this thing will be over much faster.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" He took some papers from a drawer at his disk.

"Erhm... Well my name is Gerard Arthur Way, I'm 17years old and my birthday is April 9th. I like to draw and I think I'm pretty good at it. I love horror movies and my favorite book is 'The catcher in the rye'. I have a little brother called Mikey. My favorite monster is a vampire. Uhm... When I'm bored I sometimes go for a walk at the cemetery. I like skittles and Dr. Pepper. I'm also deathly scared of needles. Welcome to the life of Gerard Way." I looked at him.

"Well, Gerard I think you missed out something." He says. I stare at him wondering what the hell he's talking about.

"You didn't mention that you like black flag." He smiles. I began to giggle.

"Well I do like Black Flags..." I grinned, looking down at my hoodie.

"Since when have you been cutting?" He asked. Wow... From fun to shit.

"None of your business." I tell him looking away, felling slightly offended by the question.

"Actually it is my business. You see, you have to come here until I say you're good to leave. And I think you would appreciate if it didn't last to long." He said while scribbling something down on a piece of paper.

"What are you writing?" I ask him curiously. He looks at me smiling.

"I will tell you what I'm writing, if you tell me when you started cutting." Of course I'm so curios, so I accepted the deal.

" I did it the first time when I was 13. Then I stopped again when I was 14. But started again when I was 16." I tell him. He nods, and writes something more down.

"I wrote that the patient, you, seems to be good at socializing. And I also wrote what you just told me about the self-Harming." I begin to laugh hysterically as he says I seem good at socializing. Nowacain looks at me with a worried look.

"Is something wrong, Gerard?" He asked worriedly. I shook my head.

"I'm not the socializing kind of person." I succeed saying, while trying to stop the laughter. "Haha, if you told my mom that, she would think you talked with the wrong kid." Nowacain writes something down then looks at me smiling.

"If you aren't the socializing kind of person, then what kind of person are you?" He asks still smiling.

"I'm the freaking misfit!" I grin. A huge grin appears on Nowacain's face.

"Well, Mr. Misfit times up. But I before you go I have one last question for you." I looked at him waiting for him to finish the sentence.

"For how long have you been drinking?" I looked at him in horror.

"I.. Mmm.. What do you mean?" I ask trying to act like I have no idea of what he's talking about.

"You know what I mean, Gerard." He looks me directly in the eyes. "You can give me the answer next time you come." Next time? I have to do this again? Then he gets up and walks to the door.

"I'm looking forward to next time, Mr. Way." He says before closing the door after me, as I leave the room.

I walk out to the lobby where my mom is sitting, still reading magazines. As she sees me coming, she stands up.

"How was it, Honey?" She asks pulling me into a hug. I pull myself free from the hug, and walks toward the door. Right before I goes through the door I turn around.

"Bye Leah. See you next time." I waved at the secretary. She looks up at me, grinning.

"Bye Mr. Way" She says. Then I walk out the doors, my mom right behind me.







R&R Please :D so far I haven't got any R&R :C Please tell me what you think; Even if you hate it :D
Sign up to rate and review this story