Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(16) New Perspective

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

Kacy starts to see things differently. Will that be enough to save what could be between her and Brendon?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-26 - Updated: 2011-08-26 - 1146 words - Complete

1Insightful
Brendon had dropped me off at my house so I never got that walk I needed though I figured some time alone in my bedroom might work out just as well as a walk. Plus my back still ached and my hand was numb from the ice so it would be nice to just curl up in bed and try desperately to forget the entire night. At least for a short period of time before I would have to face the rumors the next day at school, nothing short of a miracle could stop that from happening.

As I walked in to my room I remembered the note from Brendon that I was supposed to read. The flowers were still lying on my bed, untouched. I hadn’t known what to do with them at that moment. I actually felt guilty he had even gone out of his way to get them for me. I didn’t want them to die though so I went back out to the living room and got a vase that I quickly filled with water and took to my room. After placing the flowers in the vase and setting them on my desk I opened the card from Brendon and read what he had written inside.

-Let’s make this interesting and start all over.-

I felt my lips moving upwards in to a smile as I thought about it. A fresh beginning would be nice. I grabbed my phone and found the number Brendon had called me from earlier and after adding him to my contacts list I started a text to him. All it said was; ”I’d like that.”

My phone vibrated quickly in response. ”Meet me at the park in 15?”

I looked longingly at my bed but decided sleep could wait as I texted him back that I would be there. Then I grabbed my car keys and headed out. I might as well be early. I had nothing to do that would take fifteen minutes and if I stuck around I knew I’d fall asleep for a lot longer than fifteen minutes.

The park didn’t take long to reach since it was relatively close to my house and when I pulled up I was surprised to see that there weren’t many people around. It was about the amount of usual traffic but I didn’t mind a few people being around, it actually made it a little less nerve wracking. I gripped the steering wheel and noticed that I was unusually nervous for going to ‘meet’ someone that I already knew.

As I got out of my car I felt the warm breeze hit my face and brush against my injured knuckles. Everything at the park seemed so much more alive than it usually did. I heard dogs barking and smiled, thinking of when Lisa and I used to come just to play with other peoples dogs. It was how we decided to spend our time when I had first moved here and since we both loved animals it went over well but slowly the thrill of the park had died out and we’d moved on to other things. Someone threw a Frisbee which almost hit me in the face but luckily it missed me and I laughed as a dog ran past me to get it. “Sorry!” Someone yelled but I yelled back that it was okay. No need to apologize for having fun or at least that’s how I saw it.

I started walking along the trail slowly. I had no idea when my fifteen minutes would be over or if Brendon would even show up. He’d gone through so much just trying to show me undeserved attention. It was strange how everything was suddenly coming through in a new perspective. I walked along, ducking under low hanging branches and swatting bugs away. The trees were huge. Sometimes I felt so insignificant next to nature.

As I continued walking along I saw Brendon standing near a picnic table, looking around at all the other people as if he were searching. The view I had of him was perfect with the sun shining down directly on his face. He looked as if he were squinting because of that reason but I found it lovely as I took in his beautifully sculpted face, his brown hair lightly blew in the air but there wasn’t enough of it to make it fly around his face like mine was. How had I missed just how handsome he was?

This all felt like a wake up call for me as I stepped closer to him, unsure of what to say or how to say it. My defenses hadn’t quite fallen down but I was trying to fight against them. He didn’t deserve my harsh words. He never had. I thought back to how I had seen him and realized myself a fool. I had been mad at other people for treating him differently but at the same time I had been treating him differently for that same reason. Instead of praise it was criticism but I was still doing exactly what the others had been doing; just in a different way.

Brendon turned and noticed me walking towards him. He flashed me an alarmingly gorgeous smile and started walking to meet me. Once we were within speaking distance we stopped and he was the first to speak, “Hi, I’m Brendon.”

I smiled and felt foolish as I played along as if I had no idea who he was. “Hello, I’m Kacy.” He extended his hand in a very formal way and I accepted, shaking his hand gently before he let go.

Brendon looked up at the sky though I could see the smirk still playing on his lips. “The weather is nice today… Why’d you decide to come to the park?”

“I couldn’t think of a better place to spend my day.” I stated, “What about you?”

“Well, I was hoping to stumble upon a beautiful girl. Look’s like my goal has been reached.” Brendon stated, looking back at me.

I bit my lip and smiled at him, unsure of what to say. I was finding it difficult not to apologize again for Alex but this was play and we weren’t supposed to know each other. “That’s very kind of you.” I replied as I started walking towards the picnic table with Brendon.

“Is there a possibility that I could take you on a date?” Brendon asked.

I smiled nervously back at him, “I thought that’s what we were doing right now.” I said, teasingly.

“Well for a first date how am I doing?” Brendon asked, sitting at the picnic table.

“Perfectly.” I replied, the smile still gracing my lips.
Sign up to rate and review this story