Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's A Family Thing

Chapter 2: The past has a way of repeating itself

by ANeverEndingStory 1 review

Gerard however, didn’t embark in much conversation, he just shut his eyes and teared on his hair. His mind kept wandering off to the girl that was sleeping in the spare bunk in the front of the b...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-30 - Updated: 2011-08-30 - 1144 words

0Unrated
Okay, I decided to continue this story. Thank you so much for the kind reviews. Keep them coming. :) I would appreciate it A LOT, because I really like to get feedback. I also like to know if there are actually people reading it. But yeah thanks again! Here goes chapter 2.


Chapter 2: The past has a way of repeating itself

When he joined the rest of the guys in the back of the bus, he was pretty much just physically there. Well, at least for the first 30 minutes of the rest of the night. The guys were ecstatic about the show they just played and were talking about the set, the audience and about how this tour felt like it was going to be the best tour of their entire career. No one seemed to notice that the red-haired singer, was less talkative than usual and seemed to have a lot on his mind. And how should they have noticed? Nobody saw him carry a passed out Rachel inside the bus. So they just kept laughing and talking.
Gerard however, didn’t embark in much conversation, he just shut his eyes and teared on his hair. His mind kept wandering off to the girl that was sleeping in the spare bunk in the front of the bus: his and Mikey’s younger sister.

Rachel Elena Way. Named after their grandmother. Nicknamed: Rage (dear lord how that one suited her). 26 years old, soon to be 27 – not looking like it, just like her brothers, she often got mistaken for being 20 and had to show her ID to get into a club. A girl with blonde shoulder-long hair and dark eyes. Heightwise a Frank, slender and born with a pretty wilde and unique fashion sense. MCR had profited from that quite a lot, cause she used to help Gerard putting together some of their outfits for their live-shows and videos.
Their sister, Rage: The singer of the band “The Diamond Mile” currently touring as the supporting act for MCR and on the verge of getting really popular. 7 years younger than Gerard, 4 years younger than Mikey. The youngest of the family. The three of them always had an excellent relationship. Very caring. Both Mikey and Gerard were looking out for her. Even now; when she – well at least judging from the age that was displayed on her ID - was a grown up.

In a way she had become everyone’s little sister… and everyone loved her. All of the crew, everyone in the band. As well as all of their wives – even though they weren’t around that often since they had their own careers to pursue and kids to look after.
And how could you not love Rage – if there was one word that seemed to be made for her it was: CHARISMATIC. She was one of those people that naturally drew in all the attention when stepping into a room, even when just wearing a plain white t-shirt and black skinny jeans with converse and no make up on. There was just that certain something about her. A spirit some might say. A passion. Or… presence.

While taking a sip of the coffee Ray had just made for all 4 of them, Gerard remembered how they would all sit with their grandmother Elena and sing together. No doubt Rage had been influenced by their grandma. Just as he himself had been.
Sometimes it felt like the past had a way of catching up, almost repeating itself. Not always in a good way though… It might sound strange, but for that relatively small and petite girl Rage always had a pretty strong voice. Even back then when she was just a 12 year old girl. The strangest thing though was that people often said you could hear that Rage and him must be related. It wasn’t so much the sound of their voices people often said, but the way they pronounced the words. While thinking about it Gerard had no other choice but to smile to himself. They all had grown up so fast. He remembered it as it had been just yesterday how Rage was “raging” when he and Mikey left for Warped Tour and she had to stay at home. She loved music. She loved their music. She practically was their first and biggest fan – apart from Frank of course. She didn’t want to stay at home alone. As she said it was way too boring alone in the house, but she still had school to attend… so there wasn’t much she could do about it.

Except… starting her own band. And that’s exactly what she did. With two older brothers trying their luck in music it wasn’t that much of a surprise that Rage chose to do the same. In fact, it had always been only a question of time. When MCR returned from the Warped Tout Rage and her band had already played their first gigs. He could remember how he and the rest of the guys watched her play one night and were amazed at how good they were. Even back then. But now… now they were really good. Rage owned that stage.

Gerard liked to think some of her stage antics were stolen from him, but no matter if she did steal them from hom or not he had to admit that his little sister did a pretty damn good job when she was up ON that stage rocking out. But backstage? Not so much… In fact it seemed like she was barely keeping it together. Still no one seemed to have noticed that she’s been struggling quite a bit lately. Or was it him, who was plain and simply overreacting? He didn’t get to fully reflect on that option, because Mikey has just sat down next to him eagerly waving his hands before Gerard’s eyes to get his attention.

“Hey bro, what’s up, you’re a little sleepy?”
‘What? Hm… yeah I guess. The show was awesome!”, Gerard answered.
“Yeah, but hell did you see Rage, man she’s gave her all on that stage today”, Mikey added. You could hear in every single one of his words how proud he was. Gerard couldn’t help but think how disappointed and sad he would be if he told him how he had found Rage just a couple of minutes ago. Passed out, slumped against one of the bathroom stalls. He decided not to tell him. Maybe it was really just him. Maybe he was really just overreacting and so he finally joined in the conversations with his bandmates and almost forgot about Rage sleeping in the front of the bus. That was until he walked past her bunk, before going to sleep. She looked so peaceful. He was praying he was just overreacting...
Sign up to rate and review this story