Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Mortuus Magica

Torture and a Letter

by wiwuno 1 review

Meeting a Teacher

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-10-20 - Updated: 2011-10-20 - 1963 words

1Boring
Mortuus Magica

“Talking”
'thinking'
'spell'
“Spirit/creature talking”

AN: Well here I am again still making an attempt at writing. I asked a friend of mine whose British talk is better than mine to beta this for me so when I here back from her this story will taste 50% more British. What does British taste like anyway, I'd imagine fish and chips but that's the only British food I'm really familiar with. OK enough with my ramblings, on with the story!

Disclaimer: I own neither Harry Potter nor Bleach they are the property on J.K. Rowling and Tite Kubo respectively. I almost got them in a poker game once but Kubo-san beat me with a straight flush. Damn my luck.



With his relatives successfully cowed Harry devoted all his free time to his art. Reading and training constantly seeking out new ways to use the books spells and expand his creativity with them. Steadily advancing through the spells learning stronger and more devastating techniques, he began to realize that he would need practice and improve his control when he first tried the spell ' Way of Destruction Number Thirty-One: Red Fire Cannon' and the spell promptly exploded in his face. His training in the healing techniques really improved when he met his new friend a small black cat with deep golden eyes. She was a smart little cat with a strangely high amount of spiritual energy compared to regular cats. He had taken to calling her kitty not being able to find a name she liked.

At the books recommendation he had begun physical training to increase his ability to use some of the more demanding techniques. At first it was mostly just exercise and lifting anything heavy that was nearby but soon he began looking up fighting styles from the local libraries books and sloppily teaching himself from the diagrams in the books. It was while he was in the park practicing that he met his fighting instructor. He had setup a set of homemade training bags in an out of the way place in the park and used them for practicing his untrained fighting technique. He was practicing his kicks on an admittedly poorly made heavy bag when a sudden voice startled him out of his count.

“Wow!” the feminine voice exclaimed causing him to jump back in surprise. “you suck.” Harry turned to person mocking him and saw a young woman in her late twenties at the most, her skin was dark and she had strange dark purple hair but the thing that drew his eye the most was her deep golden eyes. 'They look just like Kitty's' he thought while out loud defending his pitiful attempt at martial arts.

“I'd like to see you do better. All I have to learn form is a bunch of books.” He nearly whined out while crossing his arms and glaring at the woman. The woman didn't even seem to be paying him any mind walking around his little clearing observing the homemade equipment with a light playful look in her eye. Turning away from a punching bag made from a sack of dirt hung from a low branch back to Harry she gives him a mischievous grin.

“Well maybe I could teach you a little something hum. I've been wondering who put this place together.” She offered leaning over so that she was eye level with the strange boy.

“What could you possibly teach me?” He huffed still mad about being mocked by her earlier. In response the dark woman walked past him towards the heavy bag he had been kicking. Drawing her leg back she struck the bag with a powerful blow knocking it back and breaking the branch it had been suspended from causing Harry to go wide eyed at the power this purple haired woman could put behind a single kick.

“That.” She says happily seeing the shocked look on the dark haired boys face. “Well am I good enough to teach you now?” she asks in her eternally playful tone. Nodding quickly Harry replies quickly.

“Yes, yes please teach me.” he nearly begs her.

“I don't know.” She slowly draws out. “I don't appreciate you scoffing at my offer earlier maybe if you beg me I'll change my mind.” She says with a playful smirk adorning her face. Getting on his knees he lowers his eyes to the ground and begs.

“Oh please teach me how to fight miss I'll do whatever you say no questions asked.” smiling to herself the golden eyed lady nods.

“OK sure since you asked so nicely.” she says through a grin before leaning over and picking Harry up by the back of his shirt. “I like you kid so I'll give you a few pointers. My names Shihouin Yoruichi and you are?” She asks.

“Harry Potter.” He says excited to learn something new from this woman.

“Well Harry I'll teach you what I know about the fighting style Hakuda. Meet me back here tomorrow first thing tomorrow for your first tortu- I mean training session.” She says while catching herself from slipping. Harry pales slightly hearing this.

'I have a bad feeling about this' He thought nervously while hurrying off home to rest and prepare.

True to her word Yoruichi's training was torture. The first day she brought a set of training weights and told him to slip them on five pounds extra on each limb and ten pounds on his torso. She started him off on simple punches and kicks telling him to get used to the added weight. After a week she had him running laps in the park and practicing beginner kata upping the weight every few weeks. Slowly Harry found himself improving not just in strength and speed but also technique his strikes becoming quicker and more precise, the moves ingraining themselves in his muscle memory. After about six months Yoruichi took his training down to twice a week with the promise to practice on his own time.

By the time his eleventh birthday rolled around Harry could safely say he was proficient in binding and healing and was happily advanced in destruction and Hakuda. It was on this day that his young life would grow even more interesting. A few weeks before his eleventh birthday the green eyed wonder picked up the mail going through it he found to his surprise a letter for him the envelope a faded yellowish color addressed not just to he house but to the specific room he was staying in as well. Giving his uncle the mail he walked up to his room ignoring the nervous glances his uncle was shooting between him and the small pile on envelopes. Sitting on his bed he carefully breaks the wax seal on the back of the envelope before removing the letter from its confines he looked over the letter covered in an elegant flowing script.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer., Chief. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confederation. of Wizards)


Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Taking out the following letter he quickly read over its contents.


HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WHICHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.


COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble


OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.


PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

Jotting down a quick reply asking for assistance and stuffing the letter in an envelope he addressed to the school he turns to send the letter when he stops and thinks. 'How the bloody hell am I supposed to send them an owl when I don't have one?' He asks himself when a tapping noise draws his attention to the window. Sitting there tapping on the window is a tawny owl tapping on the glass waiting to be let in. Harry chuckles to himself when he sees Kitty crouched under the window her tail playfully swishing back and forth a mischievous look in her eyes as she waits to ambush the large bird when her master opens the window. Moving to the window he picks the small cat up causing her to grumble halfheartedly chastising her. “No eating the owls girl I need them.” The cat unhappily groans her compliance. Even though he couldn't actually understand her Harry was picking up on her little way of conveying her feelings and desires and the strangely smart cat seemed to at least get the gist of what he said.

The owl swoops in as Harry slides the window up landing on his desk and staring up at the boy as if waiting for something. Walking up to the owl Harry ties the letter around the owls leg and gives it one of Kitty's treats sends it on it's way the nocturnal predator disappearing into the sky. Looking down at the clock he panics. “Oh bugger, I'm gonna be late for training Yoruichi is gonna kill me!” He yells before quickly opening a can of food for Kitty and running out of the house. Taking off down the street as fast as his feet could carry him he mentally repeats his mantra ' Cant die still a virgin, cant die still a virgin, cant die still a virgin...' Again and again as he hurries to the park before his teacher gets really mad.



AN: Well that's about where my brain shuts down complaining about overuse. Before anyone goes asking, No Kitty is not really Yoruichi in cat form she is just a knezal that I based off of Yoruichi's cat form and this is not the same Yoruichi from Bleach she has the same appearance, personality, and fighting style but she is not now or has she ever been a soul reaper this story is set firmly in the potter-verse and any bleach characters are strictly cameo appearances and do not have more than a fleeting role in Harry's life. If Harry seems to be acting different than usual just remember that everyone has more than just one side to their personality this was intended to be a lighter hearted chapter than the last two so I with a less angry Harry. He still has his mean serious side that will show up again many times in the future but like I said in the summery this is a gray Harry so he still has some good in him and all the time he's spent with Yoruichi has had a positive effect on him. Now this is getting kinda long winded so I'm gonna stop here see you later and remember your reviews give authors the warm fuzzys so please give generously.
Sign up to rate and review this story