Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

If only he knew I existed...

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Evie had another dream about the mysterious curly-haired boy, but was she ever going to see him again?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-10-30 - Updated: 2011-10-30 - 605 words

0Unrated
If only he knew I existed

I dragged myself to the kitchen, where Teigan was eating her breakfast. I dreamily poured a cup of tea, thinking about the dream I just had, until over flowing the mug and pouring boiling hot water over my hand.
‘SHIT’ I shouted in pain.
I quickly put my hand under the cold tap. Teigan stared at me, giggling.
‘You plonker!’ Teigan laughed.
I’m a naturally clumsy person, so I’m used to her taking the piss out of me for it.
After I had wiped the water off me, I began to tell Teigan about my dream last night.
‘I had another dream last night...’ I gave a long pause before saying ‘HE was in it.’ Meaning ‘the boy with curly hair who I had a dream about the other night and then saw yesterday’.
Teigan sighed and replied ‘You’re not being serious?! God, you’re like some sort of stalker!’
‘It’s not my fault I keep having dreams about him’ I laughed. But it wasn’t my fault, was it?
‘I wish I spoke to him when I saw him yesterday’ I chewed my lip, disappointed that I didn’t talk to him.
‘And what you were supposed to say?!’ Teigan scoffed. ‘Oh, hi. I’m Evie-Rose Dumbrell, I think you’re beautiful and oh yeah by the way, I had a dream about you last night’
She was right, I couldn’t have really said anything to him.
‘Plus, I think he has a girlfriend... well unless he just holds hands with random people’ Teigan revealed.
‘He was with someone?’
‘Yeah, didn’t you see? You were probably too busy drooling over him!’
‘What did she look like?’
‘Long brunette hair, brown eyes I think? She was quite short, but she was so skinny! And she was really pretty, plus she was hardly wearing any make-‘
‘Okay, I get the point.’ I snapped.
‘Come on Evie, he’s just a guy. It’s not like you’re ever gonna see him again, plus you don’t even know the dude!’
I gave her the ‘I have an idea’ look.
‘Oh god. You’re not seriously thinking about stalking him, are you?’
I smirked, ‘Not stalk, just try and... find him.’
‘Oh yeah, and what’s your plan? How are we supposed to know where he is?!’
‘Lazy Oaf.’

My so called ‘plan’ was to go back to where we saw him yesterday and if I remember rightly, he was wearing a Lazy Oaf top. It was a long shot but something made me want to get to know him, like I was meant to find out who he was.

We arrived at Lazy Oaf and for some reason my heart starting beating 10x faster, like there was a chance I would see him. Teigan would occasionally stop and put on a shocked face and say ‘OH MY GOD, that’s him’ but then point at a random old man just to tease me. I hated it every time she did because I really wanted to find him. I know it sounds weird but I hated the fact he didn't know I existed.

We spent two hours in and around Lazy Oaf, we eventually gave up and headed home. On our way back, I kept having a look in some cafe’s and shop’s just in case he was in there, nothing. He was nowhere to be seen. I gave up trying to find him full stop... until tomorrow. But I had a feeling I would have another dream about him.

END OF CHAPTER 3
Sign up to rate and review this story