Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

Holly.

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-10-31 - Updated: 2011-10-31 - 1327 words

0Unrated
Holly.

I couldn’t believe it. Every imperfection was pointed out because he was closer now but yet he was still gorgeous. He and – I imagine – his girlfriend sat down at the table opposite me. I would have a perfect view of him if she wasn’t in the way. He still didn’t know I existed. I decided to stay for another drink, just until he left. God, that sounds so stalkerish. Every time I saw them kiss, my stomach flipped. Was I falling for him? No, I couldn’t possibly be. Could I? God no, that’s ridiculous. But on a lighter note they did make quite a cute couple. She got up to go to the toilet, I had full view of him. Our eyes met. He gave out a hesitant smile, I replied with a nervous grin. He now definitely knew I existed. He got out a pen from his rucksack, he took a napkin and wrote something down on it. When his girlfriend got back they got up to leave, she walked in front of him while he turned around to me and made sure that I was watching him while he put the napkin down back on the table. After the door closed, I quickly grabbed the napkin, reading the mysterious note. It read ‘I’m playing a gig tonight, at the club down the road. 8 o’clock, be there? By the way, my name’s Stefan X’. Woah, his real name was Stefan. I made sure I wasn’t dreaming, nipping myself on the arm. Not like it helped, it just hurt. Millions of thoughts rushed through my head; Why did he want me to see him play tonight? Why did he even bother to write that note? I was still trying to get my head around the fact that his name was the same as it was in my dream. I scuttled back to the flat, Teigan still wasn’t in but she texted me saying ‘Going to stay at my mum’s for the night, if you need me just text or ring me. X’ I replied with a blunt ‘Okay x’ not telling her about the events that had occurred, instead I spent the day not doing much and deciding what to wear. In no time, 8 o’clock finally arrived. I walked in to the club, the atmosphere was alive. I turned my attention to the stage where Stefan was stood with a guitar in hand. He was alone on stage, no gimmicks, no band, just him, a guitar and a microphone. His voice was simply amazing, was there anything this boy can’t do?! Talented, good looking AND charming. God, his girlfriend is one luckily girl! His songs must have been quite well known since a lot of people were singing along to the occasional number. A few posters were scattered around the room, with his face on. His name, according to the posters, was ‘Stefan Abingdon’. Wow, even his full name was perfect. After his 20 minute set, a DJ came on playing “club classics” it wasn’t my kind of style so I scanned the room looking for Stefan, but I couldn’t find him. I figured he wouldn’t be backstage because he came off about half an hour ago. I strolled around to the side of the stage, there was a door which wasn’t being protected so I slowly opened it. It was a long narrow room with a few beer cans scattered across the grey carpet. There were doors opening up to the stage and other rooms. I could hear sobbing coming from the men’s toilets. It’s not every day I go into the Gents but I wanted to know who the saddening sounds belonged to. The door opened up to see Stefan curled up in the corner, crying. I nervously sneaked up to him and lightly tapped his shoulder. He tilted his head up, his red, damp eyes were looking into mine.

‘Hey’ he attempted to smile but the tears controlled him as they flooded down his cheeks.
‘A-are you alright?’ I stupidly asked him, knowing the answer was going to be ‘What does it look like?’ instead he just carried on crying.
‘Sorry, I’m not usually like this...’ he sobbed.
‘It’s fine, what’s happened?’ Oh great, I bet I sounded like a right nosey cow!
‘Oh god, sorry. I sound really nosey’ I quickly and apologetically said.
‘Don’t be sorry, what else can you say to a 22 year old curly haired freak who’s crying on a floor in the men’s toilets of a club?’ He paused, until speaking ‘My girlfriend cheated on me’ the tears ran quicker down his cheeks this time.
‘Oh shit. Oh god. Oh fuck. Erm... I’m really sorry!’ I didn’t know what to say.
‘Stop apologising, you’ve got nothing to be sorry about! It’s that two timing bitch who needs to apologise.’ His eyes were burning with anger.
He realised that there’s nothing I could say in reply.
‘We had been dating for almost two years, her name was Holly, we really did love each other, well that was until I found out tonight that the slapper had been fucking my best friend for a year!’ he was fuming.
‘What a bitch. You don’t need her, or him! Seriously you can do better. By the way I’m Evie.’ It took him a while to respond because he trying to calm down.
‘Hey Evie’ his eyes sparkled, just like they did in my dream.
Oh shit, my dream. How was I supposed to tell him about my dreams? I couldn’t tell him right now at this moment of course but I would have to tell him eventually. Unless after this we never spoke again. I couldn’t bear the thought of never speaking to him again. Especially because he seemed so delicate, he was broken, heartbroken. I thought about inviting him back to my flat, there was no one else around and I jumped to the conclusion that he was living with his girlfriend so he obviously couldn’t go back there.
‘Do you want to stay over at mine for the night? My flatmates gone, so I could do with the company and you need some rest.’ I spurted out. What did I just say? He was never going to say yes to that! I bet he thought I was a right freak.
‘Yeah, I would love to. By the way, thank you so much. For everything!’ I don’t know what he meant by everything, seeing as though I had only been talking to him for about five minutes and invited him round to sleep but his thank you was shortly followed by a kiss on the cheek. I blushed, while helping him up.

We went back to my flat, talking on the way; he seemed like a really nice person, I couldn’t see how Holly could have ever done such a thing to him! After a short 10 minutes, I suddenly knew so much about him. We got into my warm, cosy flat. I made him sleep on the sofa but he didn’t seem to mind, he was just grateful that I let him stay over. We sat on the sofa, talking for what seemed like ages. I found out so many wonderful and weird things about him. It was soon one o’clock in the morning and we were both getting sleepy.
I told him I was going to my room and he replied with ‘Sweet dreams’ yeah, about you I sniggered in my head. He was the sweetest boy I had ever met, I say boy but he was a 22 year old... I couldn’t get to sleep, I just stayed up thinking about Stefan. I was uncontrollably falling for him.

END OF CHAPTER 5
Sign up to rate and review this story