Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

Falling

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-01 - Updated: 2011-11-01 - 1395 words

0Unrated
Falling

Teigan still stood there. ‘Evie, kitchen. NOW!’
I nervously let out a giggle to Stefan while making my way over to the kitchen.
‘Explain?!’ Teigan loudly whispered, confused.
‘Well, you see... I saw him at this café with his girlfriend, when he saw me, her wrote a note telling me to go watch his gig that night at 8 o’clock. I went and may I just add, that boy can sing! Anyway, it was about half an hour since he finished his set, so I went searching for him. I went backstage and could hear someone crying from the men’s toilets. I walked in, as you do, and he was sat there crying because he just found out that his girlfriend cheated on him with his best friend! I felt sorry for him and he seemed really nice so I offered him to stay the night. And get this, his actual name is Stefan!’ All the way through my explanation, Teigan was giving me one of those looks as if to say ‘AS IF!’
‘Woah, hold on. Back track. Two things, first of all, his actual name is Stefan? What the fuck?! And second of all, he just broke up with his girlfriend and you’re already in there snogging his face off!’ I couldn’t tell if Teigan was angry or happy about it, or even any of the two!
‘Well, it’s not like he still goes out with her. Plus, we didn’t even kiss! Thanks to you...’ I was trying to come up with excuses but we both knew Teigan was right.
‘Evie, he’s a broken man! Okay, that’s a little over the top... but seriously Evie. Think about it, she cheated on HIM, so the only thing he could really do was break up with her but that doesn’t mean he’s over her. Especially over night. Now I’m not saying you’re his “rebound” but it’s too soon and you barely know the guy. Just give it time, yeah?’ Teigan always gave good advice. As much as I hated the fact that she was right, I agreed with her. Sighing and nodding my head instead of simply saying ‘Yes’.
‘Anyway, you go back in there to Stefan. I’m off out again, only came back to grab my purse. Going town with my sister. Not sure when I’ll be back but I don’t want any funny business going off! Behave yourself Evie Dumbrell! I’m off, au revoir!’ She took her purse then left the flat, leaving me with Stefan.
Shit, Stefan! We must have have left him there for a good ten minutes.
I strolled back into the living room but Stefan wasn’t there. I started panicking. I didn’t hear the door close apart from when Teigan left. Unless he used some ninja skills and quietly left or jumped through a window, despite the fact that we were two stories high, then I imagined he was in another room. I first checked the bathroom but he wasn’t there. To my surprise, he was in my bedroom.
‘Erm, Stefan what are you doing?’ I asked, walking in on him grinning at an old baby photo of me.
‘Ah, sorry’ he jumped slightly. ‘You were gone for a while so I went for a nosey around your flat. That sounds of creepy... but I swear it was just a bit of innocent noseying around!’
‘What are you on about?! Haha!’
He silently laugh and moved closer to me. Placing his warm hands on my waist. As soon as he did, I thought about what Teigan said. I stepped back a little, hinting him to get off me. He had a look of disappointment on his face but he moved his hands away from my waist. There was an awkward silence. I eventually broke it.
‘So, have you heard from anyone since last night?’ I asked.
‘Erm.. well Holly rang me and so has Ashley but I didn’t pick up. Other friends texted me asking where I was so I just said I was sleeping over at friend’s flat’
I liked that he counted me as his ‘friend’. But then I replayed what he said in my head and realised he mentioned someone called Ashley.
‘Who’s Ashley?’
‘My best mate. Well, was. He’s the one who Holly cheated on me with.’ His eyes were slowly filling up with tears.
‘I can’t believe I ever trusted those two. A whole fucking year! I feel like a used twat. How could she treat me like this, how could they both treat me like this? Am I a bad person or something?’
‘Of course you’re not Stef! I’ve known you for a day and I already count you as a friend. You’re like the one of the nicest people I’ve ever met!’
‘You really mean that?’ he smiled.
‘Yeah, of course I do!’
Things got a bite weird we kept staring into each other’s eye but no one was talking.
‘Erm, do you want anything to drink?’ I politely asked, breaking the awkwardness.
‘Nah, I’m fine thanks. I better head back, I’m sure you don’t want an upset weirdo in your flat’
‘No, don’t go!’ I didn’t want him to go but I sounded clingy. ‘I mean, you can stay. If you like? I’ve got nothing to do and I would love to get to know you more’
‘Yeah, I’d love to stay.’
We sat on the sofa, talking for ages. We told each other about our childhood and the usual shit. I even told him some things that Teigan didn’t know. The more and more I talked to him the more I liked him. It killed me that he only just broke up with his girlfriend so he was a no go area. It started getting dark outside.
‘Woah! We must have been talking for ages. What’s the time?’
‘Oh my god! It’s fucking half 8’ I couldn’t believe we had been talking for 8 hours straight, I’ve never spoken to anyone that long, non-stop.
Even though I knew mostly everything about him, something made me what to know more about him. He was intriguing and interesting.
‘Evie... earlier when I put my hands on your waist why did you step back?’ Stefan asked, almost in embarrassment.
Shit. What was I supposed to say?
‘You just broke up with your girl friend Stefan, I don’t want to be your rebound girl. You’re not over her, you can’t be. And we both know that’ I touched his hand, weaving my fingers through his, letting him no that I didn't reject him fully.
‘I really like you Stefan but it’s too soon.’ I finally told him how I felt about him. He stared at our touching hands. Crap, he wasn’t saying anything. He doesn’t like me and I just opened up to him like a complete tit.
‘Evie, you’re not my rebound girl and don’t you ever think that! Okay I admit I’m not over Holly but I wish I was. So I could be with you. I really like you Evie, like really really like you! Let me be honest. When I first met eyes with you in that Café I was speechless. You took my breath away. I wanted to see you again so I decided to write you that note and hoped that you would come and watch me. When you walked into the toilets I felt like a right knob, crying my eyes out. I know it’s not right because I was with Holly then but she had been acting really weird and it wasn’t exactly working and her admitting that she cheated on me just did it I guess. You’re beautiful Evie-Rose Dumbrell. You’re perfect.’
The biggest smile spread across my face. He said I was perfect. Me! The girl who once went to school wearing her slippers. The girl who forgot to put knickers on while wearing a skirt. The girl who was totally and utterly falling for Stefan.

END OF CHAPTER 7

Sorry it’s a bit cringey, it’s going to get exciting!
Sign up to rate and review this story