Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

Shut the door and never look back

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-02 - Updated: 2011-11-02 - 787 words

0Unrated
Shut the door and never look back

I arrived at his flat, loudly knocking on his door.
He shyly opened it.
‘Hey Evie, come in’ he gave me a hesitant smile.
I stepped inside but I felt uncomfortable, like something was different about this place, like something was different with Stefan.
‘I haven’t seen you for a week Stefan, where have you been? I’ve really missed you’ I let him know I was upset.
He stared down at the rough, dirty carpet. Almost with a look of guilt on his face.
‘The living room’s a mess, let’s go into my bedroom and talk, yeah?’ He said. Ignoring what I just told him.
He was right about the living room, it was a mess; empty packets and bottles laid on the chairs and table. I noticed that most things came in two’s, two glasses, two pizza boxes, two empty beer bottles. I thought nothing of it and headed for his bedroom.
‘Do you want anything to drink?’ Stefan asked.
‘A coffee would be great, thanks.’ I replied. He spoke to me like I wasn’t his girlfriend, like I barely knew him so I spoke the same way back, to give him a feel of how bitter it felt to be spoken to in that way.
‘Okay, just go into my bedroom and I’ll be there in a bit.’ He commanded his voice getting louder so I could hear him, as I walked further away.
The squeak of his bedroom door made an almost deafening sound in my ears. My tatted old boots touched the fluffy carpet. And then I saw it. Saw something that could possibly end mine and Stefan’s relationship. I stared at it, in complete and utter shock, not knowing what to do.
‘I got your co-‘ Stefan held my scorching hot coffee in his hands, suddenly stopping what he was saying and dropping the coffee when realising what I was staring at.
‘Evie, it’s not what it looks like, I can explain!’ he rushed, a sound of fear in his voice.
I was staring at a lacy black bra that sat on his bed. It wasn’t mine.
‘The truth, I want the truth.’ I snapped in a sharp tone.
‘I’m so sorry Evie. I admit it. I did. I cheated on you. Evie, we can get through this, I’m so so so sorry!’ he pleaded, his voice trailed off.
‘Who is she? What’s her name?’ My voice was barely a whisper.
He paused. He didn’t want to tell me, you could tell. Whoever it was, he was going to get in to deeper shit.
He swallowed loudly.
‘Holly’ he spoke quietly, almost hoping that I didn’t hear him or mistaken what he said for another girl’s name. But I heard him perfectly.
The anger built up inside me, eagerly wanting to jump out.
‘AS IN YOUR FUCKING EX-GIRLFRIEND HOLLY?! WHAT THE FUCK’S WRONG WITH YOU, STEFAN?!’ I screamed, too angry to cry.
It suddenly changed from me being silent, to him being silent. I couldn’t believe he could even think about doing this to me. Especially after Holly did the same thing to him and the heart break he went through for it.
‘I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU COULD EVER DO THIS TO ME.’ I carried on shouting, getting louder the more I carried on.
‘Evie, please! I’m so sorry, I feel so bad, I don’t know what I was thinking. And I don’t know why I kept going back-‘ he suddenly stopped.
‘Going back to her?!’ I asked in a shot of anger.
His face became full of guilt, fear and sadness.
‘How many times?’ I gulped, not wanting to know the answer but still asking.
A salty tear-drop trickled down his face before saying ‘5’. I saw him shaking but I didn’t care, I just wanted him to take everything back, not do what he did.
‘Fuck you.’ The tears rolling down his face didn’t bother me, I hated him for it.
He opened his mouth, about to apologise.
‘Fuck you.’ I repeated, in a harsher, angrier tone.
The tears gushed down his red-puffed up cheeks.
There’s nothing more I could say, my emotions flew over the place, making me feel sick and dizzy.
‘Evie...’ he sobbed.
I looked at his sorry face, not feeling bad for what I said, just feeling more annoyed and upset. I ran out his flat, slamming the door shut with all my strength.
It was like the door slamming shut triggered the wet drops of sadness to fall down my face.

END OF CHAPTER 10
Sign up to rate and review this story