Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

Shutting the door in rejection

by katieblathers 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-03 - Updated: 2011-11-03 - 655 words

0Unrated
Shutting the door in rejection

My journey of heartbreak lasted two months and there didn’t seem to be any signs of it coming to an end anytime soon. Every day since ‘it happened’, Stefan had come over to the flat. Teigan always answered the door but never let him in, slamming the door in his face before he had time to say anything other than ‘I need to see Evie’. I was getting fed up of him coming round, thinking that I would forgive him.
‘That boy needs to stop coming around here before he gets a restraining order.’ Teigan moaned, after just rejecting Stefan at the door for the 60th time.
‘Shall I forgive him Teigan?’ I asked her, knowing that she’ll freak out.
‘FUCK NO! EVIE, DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT HE DID TO-‘ she paused, mid-shout while she noticed the tear crawling out my eye and slipping off my chin.
She rubbed my back comfortingly.
‘Come on Evie, he’s not worth your tears! You must have made the pacific ocean with all the tears you’ve shed for that cheating prick!’ Teigan ranted.
I didn’t speak a word.
‘Anyway, Evie... I’m not gonna be in tomorrow so whatever you do, do not answer the door to Stefan. Okay? Just promise me you won’t!’
‘I promise’
‘Pinkie promise?’
‘Pinkie promise’ I linked my little finger to hers, securing the promise.
The next day arrived, I woke up fairly late as Teigan had already left the flat, leaving me a cute little note on the table. ‘Hey Evie, I’ve already gone as you probably already realised. But yeah, just remember what I said yesterday. DO NOT answer the door to him! Much love x’ The ‘DO NOT’ was underlined with many lines, making it clear not to answer the door to him.
After having my lunch, still anticipating for the doorbell to ring, I lied around the sofa watching pointless TV programmes. It was around about 3 o’clock but there was still no sign of Stefan. I began to wonder if Teigan somehow got in touch with him telling him not to come to the flat. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did, because even after pinkie promising her, she would think I would given in and answer the door; falling to his knees and forgiving him. I can’t blame her because I’m not very strong willed so there could be a slight chance of that happening.
All of a sudden, the high pitched noise of the doorbell rang in my ears. It was Stefan. I ignored it, hoping that he would give up and leave. He didn’t. He carried on knocking and ringing the doorbell. Maybe it wasn’t him. I pulled down the handle of the front door, peeping my head around it; my heart pounding out of my chest.
‘Evie’ Stefan gulped nervously.
I tried to shut the door but he wedged his arm in between the door and the frame. He forced it open. The only thing I could do was listen to his apology.
‘Evie, please just listen to me for a second’ I sharpened my eyes, sulking my face.
‘I really need to show you something, please just come with me?’ Stefan asked, willingly.
‘No, Stef! You’re nothing to me anymore, after what you did. I love you and probably always will but my heart goes cold as soon as I see you, thinking about what you’ve done. I beg you, just stop coming around here. You can’t expect me to just forgive you like that.’ I harshly verbally attacked him.
‘You love me?’ His face merely lighting up.
‘Of course I do. Always have, always will. But I’m not forgiving you. Please just leave’
His face saddened and I shut the door, watching a tear escape his twinkling eyes.

END OF CHAPTER 12
Sign up to rate and review this story