Categories > Original > Drama > The 'dream' boy...

Sorry is just a word.

by katieblathers 1 review

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-04 - Updated: 2011-11-04 - 745 words

1Ambiance
Sorry is just a word.

I felt so bad, I was annoyed with myself for being so harsh to him. Maybe he deserved it two months ago, but not anymore. Now that he wasn’t stood in front of me I just wanted to forgive him, tell him how much I love him. Kiss those soft lips of his again. But when he was there, a rush of rage just built up inside me. Forcing me to tell him he was nothing to me anymore, but he really was. I felt that Teigan had been telling me what to do, making me stay well clear of him but I just hid what I truly felt. Maybe I should tell Teigan to let me make my own decisions about Stefan. I mean, I am the only one who really knows how I feel. It was almost like Teigan pushed me into hating him. I didn’t hate him. I could never hate him, ever. I just wanted his safe, warm body pressed up against mine. I wanted him to hold me in his arms again. I wanted to be his. But I’ve thought of all the good things, maybe I need to consider the bad things. First of all, he’s a cheater. The words ‘once a cheater, always a cheater’ would ring in my ears when I debated whether to take him back or not. I still couldn’t get my head round it. HE cheated on ME with his EX, who cheated on HIM. It didn’t make sense. And the fact that he knew exactly how it felt to have his heart ripped out, but yet he does the same selfish act. I wonder what was going through that twisted mind of his at the time.
That night I sank in to my bed, hoping to get some well needed sleep. For the past two months I always had restless nights, I would curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep. I was too tired to cry, to think. My eyes automatically shut as I slipped into a dream world.
Stefan was in my dream again, it was the first dream I’ve had about him since the break up. Since I first met him.
He was stood at the end of my bed, almost in tears. It was like I wasn’t fazed with him looking over me.
‘Evie, please forgive me. I need to show you something. Please, just forgive me. Please.’ He begged, with a blank expression on his face. He kept repeating the word ‘please’ over and over again until he vanished.
I woke up.
I thought long and hard about my dream. I didn’t want it to affect my chance of forgiving Stefan because it shouldn’t; after all it was just a dream.
Another month had passed; the dream was re-occurring, almost every night. Stefan still hadn’t stopped coming round to the flat, but Teigan toned down her reply a bit. Instead of shouting ‘FUCK OF YOU PRICK’ in his face she resulted in saying ‘Evie doesn’t want to see you’ but then still slamming the door shut, like she always had done. He wasn’t going to give up. I didn’t want this lasting for the rest of my life, or even forcing us out of the flat! I knew one day I would forgive him, or at least that’s what I thought. Even if we just stayed friends after that.
It was a Sunday afternoon and the doorbell rang. Me and Teigan both gave out a long sigh, before Teigan stomped her way to the door. She opened the door while I was in the kitchen so I got a glimpse of him, he noticed me looking at him and gasped a little. I thought back to the dream. How he wanted to show me something. When I spoke to him that day when Teigan wasn’t in, he said he wanted to show me something. I was intrigued to what it was. Just as Teigan was about to close the door on Stefan, I quickly whispered:
‘No, Teigan. I want to see him’ I wanted to find out what he wanted to show me. I didn’t want to hear another apology. And I definitely didn’t want to hear the piercing sound of the annoying doorbell again, so I finally gave in.

END OF CHAPTER 13
Sign up to rate and review this story