Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up Together

I Thought It Would Be a Good Day

by CarsynTMB 0 reviews

Sad sad sad... :(

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-11-21 - Updated: 2011-11-22 - 1240 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stefan was going through his closet, looking for a shirt. He settled for a Disturbia t-shirt. He pulled it over his curls. Now for some jeans... he walked over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans. He looked at Amy who was now standing in front of his mirror, putting on make-up. She caught him looking at her and she smiled into the mirror, glancing his direction. He smiled back. She put her make-up in her bag and picked up her hair-brush. She was pulling it through her hair. "I kinda want bangs... d'you think I would look good in bangs?" She was wondering out loud. "Yeah. That would look nice." She smiled at him. "Thanks, Stef." "Yeah no problem Ams." Amy walked over to his side and took his hand. He looked down at her and kissed her. "You know... I could really get used to this, Stef." He smiled and started to walk towards the door. They went downstairs and Ella was crying. "Ella...?" "Mum's in the hospital. She had a terrible head-ache... it's a tumor. What are we going to do sissy?" Amy felt her eyes burning. What were they going to do? Ashley walked in and sat on the couch. He pulled her into his lap and let her cry into his shoulder. He looked at Amy. She felt her knees give out. She fell to the floor and wept. Stefan sat by her and held her head into his shoulder. "She'll be okay Amy... I promise. We can get through this... together." He kissed her forehead and hugged her closer. "D'you still wanna go for a walk? It might help to get some fresh air." Ashley was still letting Ella cry into his shoulder. "Yeah..." She sniffed. "That might help." She smiled at Ash. "Hey... Ella... d'you want me to call Charlotte and Dru? They might wanna know whats going on..." Amy wanted her best friend. She hadn't seen her since the last day of school. And since Charlotte was Stefan and Ash's age, she wouldn't be seeing them at school until collage. "Yeah... they deserve to know to." Ella was gripping Ash's shirt in her fists. He was holding her close. Amy dug her phone out of her pocket and dialed Charlotte's number. "Ello? What the Hell is up? Someone better be sick or dying. It's summer. I'm tired." Charlotte obviously wasn't a morning or summer person. "It's my mum, asshole. She has a brain tumor and cancer. What the Hell is wrong with you?!?!" "Oh shit!!! I'm fucking sorry!!! I had no clue!!! Please forgive me!!!" Charlotte sounded sick to her stomach. Amy couldn't blame her. She felt sick too. "It's ok... but could you come on over to Stef's? I want to go for a walk and I wanna tell Dru about my mum... so please?" "Oh my God of course I will Amy. Especially now. I'll get Dru up and he can come with." "Ok see you soon Charlie, (NICKNAME!!!:), Bye." She hung her phone up. "They're coming over soon. She has to wake up Dru... and that wil take a while by its self." They smiled. "So what do you wanna do in the meantime? Watch t.v., play a game, sing a song..." Stefan was always trying to get Amy to sing. He had heard her once when she was changing her wrappings on her wrist last year, and she sounded beautiful. "You know what... Fuck it. I'll sing a damn song." Stefan felt his jaw drop. She stared at him with fire in her eyes. "Get your guitar. I'll play a song I've been writing since I got back from the hospital last year. It was written for you, Stefan..." He smiled at her. "Ok I'll be right back..." He sprinted upstairs, grabbed his acoustic, and a pick, and ran back downstairs. He was panting. "Here... Here take it." He handed her the guitar. She sat down and Ashley, Ella, and Stefan sat around her like little kids at story time. She plucked a few strings and started singing. "I wanted you to know, that I love the way you laugh, I wanna hold you high and steal your pain, away, I keep your photograph, and I know it serves me well, I wanna hold you high and steal your pain. Because I'm broken, when I'm lonesome, and I don't feel right, when you're gone away... You've gone away... you don't feel me here, anymore...... The worst is over now and we can breathe again, I wanna hold you high and steal my pain, away, there's so much left to learn, and no-on left to fight, I wanna hold you high and steal your pain!!! 'Cause I'm broken... Stefan was mesmerized by her angelic voice. He smiled at the fact it was written for him. But there was so much sadness in her eyes when she sang, it was sad. But beautiful. When the song was done, they sat in silence. Jaws hanging open. They were so surrounded by the music, they hadn't even noticed Dru and Charlotte walk in. "Why did you stop? That was amazin'!!!" Dru was speaking. Amy smiled. "Thank you but... that's the end of the song. I know. I fucking rock." Dru suddenly remembered why they came here so early. "So... what's wrong... Charlotte said it had to do with your mum... is she okay?" Dru was like a big teddy-bear. She wanted to hug him... but it would be awkward. "Ummm... she has... cancer and we just found out this morning she has a tumor..." "Oh shit... I'm so sorry. I hope she gets better." Dru hugged Amy and she immediately felt a little better. "Thanks Dru. It really means a lot." Dru smiled at her. She looked so young... and she might lose her mother... it made him feel sick. He was 4 years older than her. Dru couldn't imagine if this was his own mum. He walked over to Ella and gave her a hug too. Charlotte turned to her friend and hugged her tightly. "So... we goin' for that walk guys?" "Yeah. Sounds... good." Amy smiled at her best friend. Stefan stood up and told Dru about him and Amy and Dru smiled and hugged his best mate. Charlotte over heard him and she charlie-horsed her arm. "OW!!! WHAT THE FUCK CHARLIE!!!" "Well you didn't tell me you were shagging him..." "I never said I was shagging him, Charlie." "You're lying!!! I can see it in your eyes." Charlotte made a 'Don't-argue-I-already-know-I'm-right-biatch' face. "Fine... don't tell Ella or I'll break your fucking fingers, Charlie." "Fine I won't tell your sister. Only if you give me the deeds!!!" "HELL NO!!! THAT"S PERSONAL!!!" "Ok fine... I'll just get Ella..." "Fuckin' Hell Charlie. Fine." "YAY!!!! Ok... last time....?" "UHHHH!!! This morning..." "Sweet... how long?" "Charlie... fine..." She whispered her the details and Charlotte smiled and nodded. "Good enough? Bastard..." "Yes... but dude... he's 16... you're 14... how does that work?" "Look at Ella and Ash... they're the same age as me and Stef... God damn you needy bitch..." "Fine! God..." "I'm not meaning to sound like an asshole. Sorry." "I totally understand... your business... peace?" She did an alien handshake with Amy... alien handshakes mean putting your pointer and middle finger together and your pinky and ring-finger together so it looks like you have three fingers. They started for their walk.
Sign up to rate and review this story